• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers Nathan Fillion Wouldn't Mind Being Ant-Man

Spider-Man hit Mary Jane in Spider-Man 3 as well. He's more of a hypocrite since he's always going on about with great power comes great responsibility, and yet here he is slapping the woman he loves.

Let's not forget how Spidey hit a woman named Sharon on national television during a Fox News broadcast. Nevermind the actual circumstance (or that it was Shathra in disguise).

Yet YJ gets more crap about his one-off incident, and it gets turned into a lifestyle in the Ultimate universe.

Ultimate Hank is clearly based on Ike Turner.

Im not surprised he'd want it. Considering how Whedon is involved and the comic crowd is one of his biggest supporters. Fillion as Ant-Man isnt as exciting as Hal Jordan but I can see why they would want him.

We would be the only people who would do that. The general public really isn't that aware of Fillion. He's recognizable, but certainly not a big name. And certainly not anywhere close to being big enough to be distracting to the average movie goer.

Basically. The average person might—MIGHT—go "hey it's that guy from that show on ABC".

Which would kinda be a good thing cuz that means he's cheaper.

Why do people keep suggesting Nathan Fillion for Hank Pym? He seems more suited to Wonder Man. His personality and even physical appearance are more in line with Simon Williams, and he's probably at least over 6 ft so would stand quite tall next to Chris Evans and even alongside Chris Hemsworth.

Two things:

1. He's not THAT physically imposing, as you seem to think.

2. There's no indication that Wonder Man will be in this movie.

Pym has never been a favorite character of mine, but I like Fillion so it's a win as far as I'm concerned. I don't want Avengers to become a who's who of Whedon's favorite performers but if he wants to throw his buddy a bone and give him some much needed exposure in a big summer blockbuster I don't see the harm.

I'm also cool with Eva Longoria as Wasp, if that turns out to be true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"