NBC's Cruel Intentions - SMG Returns!

Yuck. Seems like it'll be at least a year before we see this (if ever).

Wt actually f! They still haven't ordered ths to series?:(

http://tvline.com/2016/05/15/cruel-intentions-nbc-series-cancelled-sarah-michelle-gellar-pilot/

During a conference call with reporters to discuss the network’s 2016-17 fall schedule, entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said the project remains in consideration. “It goes under the heading of embarrassment of riches,” he said. “There’s just so many shows that we have [already] scheduled or ordered.” The exec also conceded that Cruel Intentions is “a bit of an outlier for us, because there’s no other show like it in our list of genres.

“But we like it,” he concluded, “and we’re still discussing it and trying to figure it out.”

19p2lw.jpg

I could live with it being a summer series. Knowing NBC, it probably wouldn't make it out of that summer alive, but 13 hours of Kathryn Merteuil >>>>> 1 hour that we'd probably never see.

Seen a bunch of tweets from people who have watched the pilot about how much they love it. I swear to God, NBC, if you don't pick this s*** up for Summer '17, I'm flying straight to NY and holding the cast of SNL hostage. :o

I'm getting more and more annoyed. Hopefully if NBC can't get it together another more fitting network like FX, USA, or TNT that tend to get away with more adult themes. Even ABC tends to be a lot more edgy.

I really wonder if it'll come down to how successful the new crop of shows are.

Well damn. What makes them want it so much but not enough to find a place for it on their lineup?

Damn you Tvline! I thought we were going to see a clip of the actual pilot!

Honestly, I just dont know why NBC doesn't "leak" the pilot just to see peoples reactions to it then go from there. Make up your damned minds!

Guess they wont be moving on with CI anytime soon
14068149_1246472942051084_7065966954689610264_n.jpg

NBC Passes on 'Cruel Intentions' Series

Cruel Intentions will not be an NBC series.

Following prolonged negotiations, the network has opted to pass on picking up its Cruel Intentions reboot to series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The sequel to the film will now be shopped to other outlets who previously expressed interest after NBC initially balked at picking up the drama in May.

Developed last pilot season, Cruel Intentions picks up more than 15 years after the 1999 movie left off. The drama followed the beautiful and cunning Kathryn Merteuil (Sarah Michelle Gellar, reprising her role from the film) as she vied for control of Valmont International as well as the soul of Bash Casey (Taylor John Smith, American Crime), the son of her brother, who was the late Sebastian Valmont and Annette Hargrove (Kate Levering). Upon discovering his late father’s legacy in a hidden journal, Bash is introduced to a world of sex, money, power and corruption he never could have imagined.

Way to waste everyones time NBC! Plus this probably hurt the chance at other networks wanting it.

Six months deciding whether to crap or get off the pot. I hate that s***.

This feels like its begging to be picked up by CW

TheCW doesn't have the money to pick up shows that arent owned by WB/CBS.

The SMG curse lives on. :waa:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"