• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Neal Adam's Batman Odyssey

Batman Odyssey is the kind of work which is so lame it becomes fun. What a horrible writer Adams is! Which is a shame, because his art is still really good to me.

I finished reading the hardcover last night. Let me say, first, that I don't regret one bit having bought this book. As a Batman and Neal Adams fan, this was a quite a treat. Neal Adams still has "it"! Story-wise, I very much understand the critics, as it can be a bit muddled. I personally enjoyed the fantastical elements, being a big fan of the stuff of Edgar Rice Burroughs. It reminded me of how Ralph Bakshi's Spider-Man cartoons put the character in these kinda' outrageous adventures in outer space, in another dimension, or on the bottom of the earth(looking foreward to reading Space-Punisher;)). Wacky stuff, but somehow fun!

It's not a book that I'm likely to "read" again, like I did The Long Halloween or TDKR, but it is a visual lush that I can joyfully look through again and again!

I too have the hardcover. IT's definitely a book I wanted to have in my collection, because the art is gorgeous, and the story makes it.... something unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"