• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Netflix's Bojack Horseman

James

Built from Lego
Reaction score
Has anyone else watched both seasons?

I just finished season two and it was excellent. Admittedly Bojack Horseman took a little bit to get into in the first season, but after a few episodes it starts to become clear the show has a lot more depth and is far cleverer than it first appears. Season two continues this with it's tight continuity and explores Bojack's character and his relationships in depth, proving to be the real focus of the second season.

Bonus points for some stellar voice work by the entire cast, particularly Will Arnett who manages to instill a great deal of emotion into Bojack's often sullen demeanor.

Thoughts?

I started it yesterday after hearing great things about season 2, and am now on episode 6 of season 1. Pretty interesting so far, and I definitely agree about the voice cast.

I just recently got into this, finished both seasons and i love it.

Bojack Horseman is as funny as it is deep. IT's a really interesting and surprising show.

Brilliant and quite relatable show! it's Duckman meets Regular Show.

I love how this Show combinate funny and sad Elements.
My favorite Episode was Ruthie with the Focus on Princess Caroline.

I like the ending Scenes, but it felt a Little bit like a series ending.

I'm glad to see Bojack still actively wants to be a better person and is working on it, even if it will be a rocky road.

Love this damn show. Season 5 looks lit.

Who thinks this show, Castlevania, Archer, Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers etc. are much more relevant adult animated shows than Zombie Simpsons (aka post 2001 Simpsons) and Family Guy? I mean The Simpsons has gone stale and is like a product of the 90s with it's anti-authority satire and excellent writing from seasons 1 to 10 and i feel anything past season 10 is NOT The Simpsons as nowadays it's a rotting shambling soulless zombie corpse of it's former self that vaguely resembles The SImpsons. I’ve stuck with the zombie theme in saying that early episodes suffering from a subtle decline are like a “freshly bitten” zombie. You know something’s wrong with the person, you just can’t place it, and other people in the group keep trying to defend them, either due to denial or willful ignorance. But then as the wound starts festering and the infected person starts eying everyone’s craniums, you get more and more suspicious until the bitten individual latches on to one of the last stubborn members in the group who is in mid speech defending them, and takes a bite out of their face. At that point, most of the group acts accordingly, and anyone still willing to defend the zombie deserves what’s coming to them, getting killed or infected themselves.

But the problem with Zombie Simpsons is that there’s a disproportionate amount of defenders in denial while the stinking, rotting corpse is gnawing on their skulls. We’re past B-flick territory and are firmly entrenched in Z-grade scripts. A shame that Family Guy is still going as that rotting piece of fruit has been stinking after season 6

Bojack Horseman and Bob's Burgers have the same soul/emotion/heart/satire/intelligent writing as The Simpsons (the REAL Simpsons from seasons 1 to 10), The Simpsons really belongs in the 90s and should had ended in 2001 and become a legendary influential show, but no Fox is too greedy for that and should know that it belongs in it's own time.and it's time to end it as it's been suffering for along time. Anyone else happy King of the Hill and Futurama ended on good notes than become shambling undead stinking zombies?

I've been a Simpsons fan since i was 5 when it first debuted on Tracy Ullman as shorts then watched/taped every episode of the spin-off Simpsons show since 1989 to 2001. I stopped watching The Simpsons in 2003 and moved on to adult animation that are better as i've been a fan of adult animation since i was a kid. I tried watching a couple of new episodes of Simpsons and i wanted to punch my tv.

being a Simpsons fan is like having a beloved childhood/teenhood friend who’s been on life support for years and you’ve accepted they’re gone so you’re just waiting for someone to realize they need to pull the plug on them

Last edited:
Wow, didnt expect they could land a satisfied final, but.. wow. They nailed it.
Cant describe my Feelings Right now.

Just watched the finale last night. Before March, I had not seen any of the series. It was a good, even run. No particularly bad episodes I can remember. It's just too bad the series ended although I suspect in a few years time there will be a "revival" of it and maybe it will keep the quality of this run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"