• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New Batman Film "The Dark Knight Project" premieres Monday - but you can see it here!

chicagobat

Knight of Chicago
Reaction score
Hey guys-

My Batman fanfilm "The Dark Knight Project" has it's online world premiere this Monday, but you can all have an advance sneak peek HERE on the SHH!

I came up with the idea in May after seeing the Imax Preview online... what could have happened between "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" regarding the public's reaction to Batman and whether he was real or not after the attacks in the Narrows... and Gordon's cryptic concerns regarding "escalation"? Warners' extensive viral marketing and what's been happening in Gotham since the end of "Batman Begins" was a big jumping off point too.

So since I doubt WB will ever hire me to direct a Batman movie (and besides, I'm happy it's already in the capable hands of Chris Nolan)... I decided to make one myself. It's a $14,000 fanfilm, and I'm giving it away for free to Batman fans in celebration of the upcoming "Dark Knight".

If you like what you see, please share a link to the website, www.darkknightproject.com with your friends on Monday where the larger, hi-res movie will debut.

In the meantime however, visit this link on my website server at Nitestar Productions to see it first!

THE DARK KNIGHT PROJECT

Made by fans, FOR FANS! I hope you all enjoy it!

Best Wishes-

The God Damned Chicago Bat

THE DARK KNIGHT PROJECT

GOTHAM.jpg

It was very interesting and entertaining. For a batman fanfilm, it was very good. Loved how you kept the nolan-verse intact but I do have a few harsh criticisms. I know it's a fan film but the acting wasn't good. Everytime the girl spoke, I cringed at how bad she delivered her lines. I'm going to assume she's not an actress but if she is, she needs some serious learning to do. Also, I felt your script was too 'on-the-nose' if you know what I mean. It would've been better if you kept the dialogue to a minimum and showed things more visually. One last criticism is the characterization of Batman. It just felt off and didn't remind me of the Batman we all know.

Overall I have to hand it to you. For a fanfilm you really made me feel as if I were back in Gotham City. It Served as a nice bridge from Batman Begins to The Dark Knight and that was the best thing about it :)
Also, nice use of the TDK soundtrack as well!

The girl wasn't bad like Holmes was. Batman should have taken that video tape if even this is for class project.

Hey everyone... my finished Batman film, "The Dark Knight Project", is now online in hi-res FLV streaming format. It serves as a sequel to "Batman Begins" and prequel to "The Dark Knight"!

If you like what you see, please pass the link on!

http://www.darkknightproject.com

Thanks and I hope you all enjoy the film!

Jerry

LARGE_IMG_5430-1.jpg

DARK_KNIGHT_PROJECT_WEBSITE.jpg

Enjoyed it! Not a huge fan of the acting either, however it was quite enjoyable. The city looked beautiful the way that it was shot. The fight scene seemed to me an interesting blend of Burton's Batman 89 and Batman Begins. The cutting: BB, the actual fight choreography: BM 89

I agree. Especially loved the aerial shots. I'm guessing a good amount of the budget went to renting out that helicopter which is a bold move for a fanfilm. Props to that.

Nice work! Are you getting it shown anywhere?

So the guy student was the director and the "actress" was some chick he's pounding, yes?

It was kool though.

I agree. Especially loved the aerial shots. I'm guessing a good amount of the budget went to renting out that helicopter which is a bold move for a fanfilm. Props to that.
I'm pretty sure that was stock footage.

That was clearly footage from BATMAN BEGINS.

I liked it, possibly one of the best fan films i've seen. I'm not sure where all that money went but still a good fan film.

I didn't elaborate much earlier, so here goes...

I really liked the concept of looking at Batman through the eyes of the 'ordinary' Gotham residents (the newstand guy; the kids; Essen - nice touch having her, too) - something that Nolan touched upon in Begins with the homeless man and little boy. I think this was the strongest aspect of the film, and it's not something I've ever really seen other fanfilms try to tackle.

I thought that the Bat costume and clown masks looked excellent, but I felt that the confrontation with Bats against the gang didn't quite work here. It seemed as if it belonged to another film; it seemed to jar against the mood you had set before. It was nicely shot (really liked it when he dropped down on them) and choreographed but just didn't match the tone from earlier on in the film. It also seemed strange how Batman let the kids keep the tape...

Overall, it gave me the vibe of the B:TAS episode, "Legends of the Dark Knight" - and I kind of wish it had stuck with just interviewing Gotham citizens about the Batman and whether he was real real or a myth. Batman on the outskirts of the piece, like the Gotham Central series where he's like a shadow and the focus is on (typically) minor characters. Maybe the kids could have been following Batman's trail across Gotham and found people who had caught a glimpse of him, or found the pile of beaten clowns; they were always one step behind him.

Overall I think that you did a great job. You took a different approach and something like this film would have been brilliant for the viral campaign; it could have been shown via Gotham Tonight.

It was shot and composed very nicely indeed. Tightly edited with strong sound effects and a fitting use of the Nolan scores. The production level was of a high quality. Have you got any more of you work online? I'd be interested to see it.

- V

That was real good! The batman costume was pretty darn good his voice needs some work though. The woman who played sarah essen was actually a good actress. You should have picked some differnet people for the kids though. But all and all realy well done. Congrats!

I liked it. Great use of Chicago for the sets.

Excellent work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"