• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New Interview with Brett Ratner and Zak Penn up at IMDb boards

PikaZeroX

Civilian
Reaction score
A new interview has been posted on the IMDb X3 boards, I don't really know how credible this is but it seems legit.

Since not everyone has an account to see the boards, I'll post the IMDb board post here:

INTERVIEW SCRIPT FOR MR.INTERVIEWER ON X3
Written by: UNKNOWN CAUSE WE DON’T WANNA GET BEAT UP BY NERDS!

““THE INTERVIEW SHOW 619 AM THEME SONG HITS”
Theme fades..

(THE X-MEN SOUNDTRACK FROM THE TEASER TRAILER WILL BE PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND)
MR. INTERVIEWER
Hi and welcome to this week’s edition of the Interview show. This week we have two very special guests that will be talking about the upcoming film this summer of ‘06, X-Men: The Last Stand. We have Brett Ratner the new director of the X-Men trilogy and one of the script writers, Zak Penn who wrote X2 and X3. So welcome guys.
(X-MEN SOUNDTRACK FADES)

BRETT RATNER
Thank you Mr. Interviewer, we are glad to be here.

ZAK PENN
Yeah what he said.

MR. INTERVIEWER
So how are you guys? And how’s the film going?

ZAK PENN
It’s going well, but actually we finished filming , editing and postproduction for the movie and its ready to be released.

MR. INTERVIEWER
That’s great, So why did you decide to direct X3, Brett?

BRETT RATNER
Actually, I was called in to direct X3 by FOX because as everyone knows that Bryan Singer who previously directed the 2 movies had to drop out because he wanted to direct Superman Returns (ooooh) for Warner Brothers. I was called in after Matthew Vaughn who was suppose to take the directors chair but he had to drop out of it also because of family “issues” but I’m sure he just dropped out because he realized that he cant direct movies even if his life depended on it.

MR. INTERVIEWER
So Zak, what is the difference of writing the script for X2 and writing this script for
X-Men 3?

ZAK PENN
X-Men 2 was a good script with no doubt but X-Men 3 is darker and bolder , more intense, has a little bit of romance; and it will be more heartbreaking and sad.

MR. INTERVIEWER
Good response. I think the fans would love to find out why Gambit is not in this film and of course how come Nightcrawler isn’t in this film?

ZAK PENN
I’ve seen the boards on the net, people complaining about why Nightcrawler and Gambit are not in the film and there are many reasons. For Nightcrawler, he is gone from X3.. but it will be explained why he has disappeared from the film in the official movie game on May 16th so we cannot tell you why he is gone. Now for Gambit, back in August when we wrote the script, he had a small cameo in a jail break sequence but now he is off the film because we feel there isn’t a big enough role for him in the film that the fans wanted.

MR. INTERVIEWER
So Brett, you directed this film, did you feel nervous or intimidated to step onto the set the first day? Were you scared?

BRETT RATNER
The cast made me feel like at home, I felt welcomed in the X-Men family by the cast and crew the first day I directed. They made the hard work much easier by welcoming me to the film with a lot of kindness.

MR. INTERVIEWER
So how have the characters developed since the first two movies?

ZAK PENN
I can tell you that Wolverine has changed the most from the last two films because in the first film, he was pretty much a loner and now in this film, he is pretty much a leader which he hates doing. Now there were many complaints from the last two films about Storm saying how she’s not all bad and tough but in this film, the fans will get it because she can fly, more aggressively than in previous films and more powers. Kitty Pryde and Colossus only had small cameos in the second film but now they have bigger roles in X3.

MR. INTERVIEWER
Hmm.. Now I was and still am a huge X-Men fan growing up as a kid and my favorite character was Cyclops. Is it true that he really dies in this film?

ZAK PENN
I hope so.

BRETT RATNER
Now we can’t really answer that because it’s a spoiler so you’ll just have to wait and see the movie. But I can tell you that nothing is forever in the world of Marvel, remember that Jean Grey died in the last film and she revived in this film so you never know..

MR. INTERVIEWER
So what exactly is the plot about in this film?

ZAK PENN
There are actually two plots in this film. The major plot is about the mutant cure meaning that mutants have a choice to make for the first time choosing if they want to take the mutant cure and be normal again or stay as a mutant. The other plot is about the Dark Phoenix Saga which is from the comics.

MR.INTERVIEWER
Can you tell us what kind of new mutants there are in X3?

BRETT RATNER
There are new mutants joining the X-Men family like Angel who will be going through the mutant cure. BEAST! Played by Kelsey Grammar is absolutely phenomenon is also new to the film but in X2, Beast had a small cameo on a television set but wasn’t “blue”. The new villain such as Callisto, Psylocke, Juggernaut, Multiple Man and many more.

MR. INTERVIEWER
Brett, you’ve never done a superhero movie in your past history. How is directing X-Men 3 different from your other projects such as Red Dragon, Rush Hour, and the hit T.V. show Prison Break?

BRETT RATNER
X-Men 3 is part of a trilogy which I will stay true to the comics and the fans. This film is more “bold” than the last two and is more heartbreaking which I’ve said earlier. My other previous projects I’ve done are all dramatic basically. I’ve never directed a superhero movie and I am very glad on doing this so all I can say is that this film is different from my last projects since this is a superhero movie.

MR. INTERVIEWER
You said that X3 is part of a trilogy meaning that this will be the last film? Is this true?

BRETT RATNER
Sadly, yes. But that doesn’t mean there will be any other X-Men movies, just think of it as Star Wars or Star Trek trilogies. But I’ve been told that if X3 hits BIG in the box office then it will have a sequel but the Wolverine & Magneto spin-offs will go first.

MR. INTERVIEWER
So if there is another movie or a sequel, will you be taking the directors chair?

BRETT RATNER
I have not been told that… yet.

MR. INTERVIEWER
So since directing X3, you agree that it is better than Batman and Superman?

ZAK PENN
Hell yeah.

MR. INTERVIEWER
Well, I believe that’s all for today.. We can’t wait for the premiere of X-Men: The Last Stand which is released on May 26th this summer.

Thank you guys for having the opportunity of this interview.

BRETT RATNER
It was a pleasure to be here Mr. Interviewer.

MR. INTERVIEWER
We appreciate Mr. Ratner and Mr. Penn’s attendance. You’ve been listening to the Interview show on 619 AM HALIFAX.

Tune in for tomorrow’s edition of the Interview show with the director of “The Omen”.

“X-MEN SOUNDTRACK PLAYS”

Interesting, to say the least.

Sounds fake to me. Ratner would never insult Vaughn. :confused:

Reading zaks first response pretty much confirmed to me without reading the rest of the article that its fake :o

IMDB?

Umm...enough said.

I think it's fake too.

Even a ten-year-old could've written up that interview. IMDB is unreliable. :down

Ratner ripping on vaughn....... does cyclops die "I hope so?"

FAKE

FAKE

Some Jackass just took things that we were complaining about on the boards and put them into an interview, and a fake one at that.

I don't think that a writer would make some of the comments that Penn made, all they do is make him look like a....a....

its definitely fake because ratner didn't swear :D

....You can't conceal it. Know how i know cause i can feel it.

Totally fake.

If it was real, Brett NEVER would be that anti-ethical and unprofessional.

Soooo fake. I could tell from Zack and Brett's very first responses.

IMDB is so unorganized and the message boards are messy. :down Unreliable, too. They'll put any news the posters hand to them on the website

Who ever wrote this is very dumb! If he wanted it to sound convincing then he should've at least made it look and sound more professional! Probably a newbie on IMDB trying to get attention!

LMAO this is the funnies s#!T iv ever read... what the hell kind of response is HELL YEA!!! LMAO!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"