New Joe Friday's and he attempts to explain Xorn....

Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
Do you guys buy this?

HERE IT IS!

NRAMA: Gotcha. Moving to other topics - this week saw Brian Bendis (hopefully) explain or close the book on Xorn in New Avengers #20. Okay – honestly now – can you explain to us what he was/is? And Magneto has powers again? Depowered isn’t depowered, is it?

JQ: Kuan-Yen Xorn and Shen Xorn were twin brothers from China, both mutants, one with the power of a star in his head, one the power of a black hole. Kuan-Yen Xorn came under the influence of as-yet-to-be-revealed entity that forced him to assume the identity of Magneto, battle the X-Men and destroy Manhattan. He was subsequently killed by Wolverine near the end of that battle, in the Planet X storyline.

Soon thereafter, his twin brother Shen surfaced and briefly joined the X-Men. This Xorn brother was de-powered during M-Day.

Because Xorn's powers were psychokinetic, and his personality was so strong, it basically remained an almost disembodied sentient thing among the big ball of mutant energy. When that energy got sucked down to Earth by Michael and all absorbed by him, Xorn was the dominant personality in the mix, and that's what drove him towards Genosha and Magneto.

That... still doesn't make much sense. I think Xorn is one of those things they should just quietly put aside for a Busiek or a Brubaker to come and explain years later in a mini-series (like Avengers Forever and Deadly Genesis).

Suspension of belief. hahaha I don't know I want him to explain chamber if anything.

"Chamber has nothing to do with Apocalypse. You see, after Chamber lost his powers, he really felt like getting himself a new lower jaw and upper torso should be a priority, what with his missing and all, and he always kind of dug Apocalypse's look. Simple as that."

Lame.
The story is much stronger if it's Magneto the whole damn time. :down

Is Xorn even a common chinese last name?

Unless having a star for a head explains how he did all the things he did witch are consistant with Magnus' powers this seems more like a reader attempting to gain a "No Prize" than a sebsible explanation from the powers that be. I mean, if you were to say that having a "sun" for a head gives you some kind of gravitational field that allows you to mimic magnetic powers it's somewhat believeable in a stretch the rubberband to the point of breaking way, but it still doesn't make much sense.

somewhere grant morrison is laughing at all this.

Probably while he counts all the money DC's likely throwing at him, given that he and Johns have become DC's counterparts to Millar and Bendis, respectively. They've got a hand in practically everything that's coming out of DC at the moment.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Probably while he counts all the money DC's likely throwing at him, given that he and Johns have become DC's counterparts to Millar and Bendis, respectively. They've got a hand in practically everything that's coming out of DC at the moment.

WHich isnt a great ting IMO, but thats for another topic.

It's got its pros and cons. Morrison's ideas don't work too well with everything, as far as I'm concerned, but he has brought some interesting new characters into the mix. Johns seems overworked, though.

TheCorpulent1 said:
It's got its pros and cons. Morrison's ideas don't work too well with everything, as far as I'm concerned, but he has brought some interesting new characters into the mix. Johns seems overworked, though.

Yeah I dont know it just seems unfair to the other writers that they seem to have no say in the bigger picture. Like "Hey Gail, you need to make Huntress a lesbian" Why?" Its part of Grant's big event"

Meh, I really shouldnt care though.

Well, that's the way it always goes, really. It just happens to be Morrison and Johns in the drivers' seats this time, rather than Wolfman or Jurgens or someone else.

gildea said:
somewhere grant morrison is laughing at all this.
Or crying for the utter raping of the most brilliant X-men run ever.

jaydawg said:
Or crying for the utter raping of the most brilliant X-men run ever.

I doubt it.
He laughed in an interview when they brought back magneto intially. He's under no illusions as to the nature of the beast.

Have a link to it? I'd love to read his thoughts on it.

Morrison would be an idiot if he didnt think Marvel would bring back magneto the next week.

TheCorpulent1 said:
"Chamber has nothing to do with Apocalypse. You see, after Chamber lost his powers, he really felt like getting himself a new lower jaw and upper torso should be a priority, what with his missing and all, and he always kind of dug Apocalypse's look. Simple as that."
Your avatar rules. Venture Brothers for life. :up:

Tropico said:
Unless having a star for a head explains how he did all the things he did witch are consistant with Magnus' powers this seems more like a reader attempting to gain a "No Prize" than a sebsible explanation from the powers that be. I mean, if you were to say that having a "sun" for a head gives you some kind of gravitational field that allows you to mimic magnetic powers it's somewhat believeable in a stretch the rubberband to the point of breaking way, but it still doesn't make much sense.

In a way it does.

If his head is like a star or Blackhole gravity is apart of the equation.

one, i'm fine with what Joey Q explained, so i'll buy the whole "xorn" thing. two, do you people hate magneto or something? i'd like to ask that question before i go on any farther.

I dug Morrison's vision of an addicted, enchanced Magneto, yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"