• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics New X Men Timeline?

kevin00

Civilian
Reaction score
Is anybody here able to give me a timeline of the TPB's for the new X men? I can't get comics where I live so I order TPB's from Amazon but they din't always have the volume number listed, I have no idea when the title became Academy X or switched back. Thanks in advance.

Also is Ultimate X men worth reading?

New X-Men Vol. 1: E is for Extinction
New X-Men Vol. 2: Imperial
New X-Men Vol. 3: New Worlds
New X-Men Vol. 4: Riot at Xavier's
New X-Men Vol. 5: Assault on Weapon Plus
New X-Men Vol. 6: Planet X
New X-Men Vol. 7: Here Comes Tomorrow

im not sure when it was called Academy X. im pretty sure it was within the first 4 though. i reccomend you buy Volume 1 of ultimate x men if youre interested in that and see how you like it before you get a subscription ore anything.

FunBobPants said:

im not sure when it was called Academy X. im pretty sure it was within the first 4 though. i reccomend you buy Volume 1 of ultimate x men if youre interested in that and see how you like it before you get a subscription ore anything.

It's when the New X-Men title switched to X-Men and the New Mutants title switched to New X-Men: Academy X

FunBobPants said:

so these are the only 7 volumes os new x men including academy x? I thought there would've been a house of M arc.

There's no House of M arc. House of M came around long after the end of New X-Men.

New X-Men itself never switched to Academy X...if anything, the storylines from New X-Men continue in Astonishing X-Men. The New X-Men: Academy X series features characters and storylines continued from the New Mutants series.

Yeah, but it has nothing to do with Grant Morrison's New X-Men.

Kevin (love the name) if you ask me, ultimate x-men is VERY worth reading.

so characters like wither, elixer, surge, & hellion never made an apperance before academy x #1?

no. all of those first appeared at the begginning of the second series of New Mutants

ok thanks, how many volumes of New Mutants TPB's were there?
and how many volumes of Academy X were there? They aren't listed by any number on amazon. thanks again everybody

BrianWilly said:
Yeah, but it has nothing to do with Grant Morrison's New X-Men.

No one said that the New X-Men he was talking about was Morrisons.

So, the 'New X-Men: Academy X' TPBs, in order, are:
Vol 1: Choosing Sides
Vol 2: Haunted
Vol 3: X-Posed
House of M: New X-Men
Childhood's End: Vol 1

Okay, let's clear up a few things, shall we?

The comic titled X-Men changed its name to New X-Men. The main characters were Cyclops, Wolverine, Emma, Jean, Beast, and Xavier. That comic has 7 volumes:
Vol. 1: E is for Extinction
Vol. 2: Imperial
Vol. 3: New Worlds
Vol. 4: Riot at Xavier's
Vol. 5: Assault on Weapon Plus
Vol. 6: Planet X
Vol. 7: Here Comes Tomorrow
After volume 7, the comic switched its name back to X-Men. However, the main characters of New X-Men continued their story in the pages of Astonishing X-Men.

Now, then...

While those 7 volumes of New X-Men were running, there was a comic all about the students titled New Mutants that ran for about 13 issues. When New X-Men changed its name back to X-Men, New Mutants changed its name to New X-Men: Academy X, and it continued to follow the students. New X-Men: Academy X had a House of M crossover. Acadamy X had 4 volumes:
Vol. 1: Chosing Sides
Vol. 2: Haunted
Vol. 3: X-Posed
Vol. 4: House of M

Recently, New X-Men: Academy X changed its name to New X-Men, but the trade collections seem to be titled New X-Men: Childhood's End to avoid confusion.

This is much like how Austen's run on Uncanny is only titled Uncanny X-Men in the trades, but Claremont's recent run on Uncanny is called Uncanny X-Men: The New Age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"