• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers News on Megatron's ALT mode and more info from USA Today!

millennium movies

Superhero
Reaction score
From Bay's official website, quoting the USA Today article:

Transformers USAToday article
03/27/07 06:57 AM | Permalink
Read "Transformers: God Knight vs Bad.

'Transformers': Good knight vs. bad

By Anthony Breznican, USA TODAY

The writers of the new Transformers movie thought of the shape-shifting robot characters as giant, mechanical knights.

So it's fitting the first images of Optimus Prime and Megatron — the posters go online Wednesday — reveal armor and faceplates that look medieval by way of Star Wars.

"We always modeled Optimus Prime after King Arthur," says Alex Kurtzman, who co-wrote the film with Roberto Orci. "His design (from the '80s toys and cartoon) was so iconic we couldn't make too many changes."

Transformers opens July 4, a release date generally set aside for movies expected to be summer blockbusters.

Kurtzman and Orci worked on TV's Alias, Mission: Impossible III and the upcoming Star Trek remake directed by J.J. Abrams.

While doing an uncredited rewrite on Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds, the director, who is executive producer of Transformers, talked them into crafting the script for the warring-robots adventure by Michael Bay.

The writers said the concept of alien robots who are able to change into ordinary-looking Earth vehicles was an intriguing premise. A darker parallel to contemporary times: The robots destroyed their home planet in a war over energy.

"The Transformers as a race are sentient emotional beings, and they share our characteristics," Orci says. "They arrived on our planet when we face similar kinds of wars and are able to say, 'We are not that different from the humans.' "

Prime (voiced in the movie by original cartoon actor Peter Cullen) is the leader of the Autobots, protector robots from the alien planet Cybertron, where mechanisms evolved into living beings.

On Earth, Prime changes from a robot into a thundering big rig to disguise his identity. The smooth curves of his red, white and blue façade suggest a kind of solid comfort.

In contrast, his nemesis Megatron — a fascist politician on his home world whose motto was "Peace through tyranny" — has a jagged, colorless metal face with a covering that suggests the exposed jaw of a skull or insectlike pincers.

The Matrix's Hugo Weaving will voice Megatron.

"He's very dangerous-looking," says Kurtzman, noting the character had a more humanoid face in the cartoon.

The writers don't want to reveal yet what machine Megatron becomes.

But the gun that Megatron used to transform into had to go. Says Orci, "That would be the equivalent of Darth Vader turning into his own lightsaber and someone else swinging him around."

Sorry for the random bolds in the quote, i figured those were important aspects of the article.

Great find.

But don't they know it's common knowledge that everyone knows he's a Cybetronian Jet? Unless...unless he changes alt modes sometime in the movie...

..don't like the 'insect-like pinchers' thing though.

There have been many rumors about Megs having an earth mode, I hope it happens, it would be a very well kept secret.

unless they're talking about an Earth mode (which i doubt) i have a feeling that article's purpose is to inform people who haven't been following TF as much as we have. we already know he turns into a Cybertronian Jet...

Wait, is Weaving confirmed? I've only been following the movie's news lightly, but I thought I would have heard about this by now.

Yeah he is, Keith David is also confirmed for the voice of Barricade. As for Megs having an earth alt mode, i dont think its true. Its just the usual bull-promises from studio people to calm down the fan base. I've seen it happen far to often with X3, SR and even Batman Begins. All promising news, yet in the movie or DVD release no sign of said promises. Same old tune different day...

...a little part of me is still hopefull though.

i thought the rumor for earth mode was a stealth bomber.

unless they're talking about an Earth mode (which i doubt) i have a feeling that article's purpose is to inform people who haven't been following TF as much as we have. we already know he turns into a Cybertronian Jet...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are just talking about him being an alien jet, the average person hasn't seen the leaked pics and toys.

Though I would love for Megs to take a human-vehicle form and look less blob of metal shards. *Fingers crossed*

I thought the 'stealth bomber' thing was for the computer game

It was, but theres nothing to say that there could be a hint in there.

Be interestig if we got the steath bomber design from megs thoug, since we have had him for so long , just a thought

Then he'd be like 500 feet tall and have to have chicken legs. :csad:

Then he'd be like 500 feet tall and have to have chicken legs. :csad:

Yeah, but that still wouldn't explain the fangs, spikes, "Species" and "Alien" copycat monster head, and growling.

Hmm...remember that action figure that was leaked? The tank that looks an awful lot like G1 Megatron in robot mode?

It's a long shot but it could be possible...

Wreckage was the one who looked like G1 Megatron. Im sure he's mistaking his
alt mode. it was some grey/white camouflage vehicle that looked like a tank on wheels somewhat.

Brawl, the tank, had the Megatron style fusion cannon on his arm.

LOL, the Darth Vader comment filled my head with all sorts of funny imagery. Someone should make a manip! :D

THIS is the one he was talking about....sigh

409641882_ede615beb0_o.jpg

409644507_64bfdf59de_o.jpg

409644505_b4bee8db8d_o.jpg

now your telling me this crap look more like G1 Megatron than the above???

404213265_f2ca7b7fe5_o.jpg

"Hmm...remember that action figure that was leaked? The tank that looks an awful lot like G1 Megatron in robot mode?"

Wreckage one was the only NEW one to be leaked, the rest are normal snapshots from users and Brawl has been seen for quite some time already. LONE, could you please come post in this topic and end this debate?

Looks more like Gen 2 Megatron if you ask me.

Yeah, I meant Wreckage....not Brawl...I didn't know how else to describe Wreckage other than tank :o

Who knows....maybe the makers of the movie are gonna pull a fast one on us all...especially to win back the fans they pissed off with the Cybetronian Megatron design...

I guess we'll find out once the movie is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"