Nintendo Revolution Pictures- Red Steel Graphics

Mentok said:
Meh... see my sig.

How can anyone hate the nintendo revolution if we don't even have any game footage or really know what the controller is capable of? These graphics look a lot better than I thought they will.

StorminNorman said:
Wrong Forum, I believe.

I thought anything can be discussed in the SHH community forum?

War Party said:
I thought anything can be discussed in the SHH community forum?
Anything that doesn't have a forum specifically for it.

There's a game forum. Game stuff goes in it. Clearer?

War Party said:
How can anyone hate the nintendo revolution if we don't even have any game footage or really know what the controller is capable of? These graphics look a lot better than I thought they will.

Its a video game console... People hate it because its not SONY.

yup... wrong forum, but whatev.

if the revolution can produce graphics like that (especially at launch, when games typically look less than optimal) then yeah: BRING ON THE REVOLUTION!!!

What I really hope is that Nintendo will stop trying to mess up the formula of their Franchises like they did with Super Mario Sunshine. There must have been at least 12 NGC games with Mario in teh title and not one was a proper Mario game. Nintendo can't rely solely on their franchises, but they need to realize that it's important to make their franchise titles very good because that's what got gamers with them in the first place. I think not having a metroid title for N64 was a mistake, as is teh Mario/NGC issue. Twilight Princess looks like it will be awesome, and I'm hoping for good things with the other Revoloution titles like Metroid Prime 3 (especially cause the TV remote/Nunchuk combo looks great for FPS), Super Smash Bros. Revolution and Mario 128

Woah. Looks very impressive. How could anyone go wrong with graphics like that. Goes to show you how much sheer horespower means. Squat.

I'm gonna buy a Rev first, because it'll only be about $250 while PS3 and 360 sit at $500+. I'll wait for the $200 mini PS3 that'll come out in a few years.

The Comedian said:
What I really hope is that Nintendo will stop trying to mess up the formula of their Franchises like they did with Super Mario Sunshine. There must have been at least 12 NGC games with Mario in teh title and not one was a proper Mario game. Nintendo can't rely solely on their franchises, but they need to realize that it's important to make their franchise titles very good because that's what got gamers with them in the first place. I think not having a metroid title for N64 was a mistake, as is teh Mario/NGC issue. Twilight Princess looks like it will be awesome, and I'm hoping for good things with the other Revoloution titles like Metroid Prime 3 (especially cause the TV remote/Nunchuk combo looks great for FPS), Super Smash Bros. Revolution and Mario 128

New Mario Brothers on the DS shows that Nintendo are taking Mario back to basics... I hope Mario 128 follows.

The Comedian said:
I'm gonna buy a Rev first, because it'll only be about $250 while PS3 and 360 sit at $500+. I'll wait for teh $200 mini PS3 that'll come out in a few years.

Why an't you spell "the" right :(

The Gamecube could produce graphics like RE4, with a console almost twice as powerful, the graphics should be like this. I don't think they'll get too much better than this, though.

But they're definitely good, they look like Half-Life 2.

WhatsHisFace said:
The Gamecube could produce graphics like RE4, with a console almost twice as powerful, the graphics should be like this. I don't think they'll get too much better than this, though.

But they're definitely good, they look like Half-Life 2.

Plus dev kits are similar to the NGC dev kits... developers dont have to work too hard to get good looking launch titles.

Its a pitty that REVO wont had a HD option though.

Mentok said:
Plus dev kits are similar to the NGC dev kits... developers dont have to work too hard to get good looking launch titles.
I think by the time the Revolution sees it's day, it will get graphics around the level of Condemned. But Red Steel's graphics are good, especially for an early game. Ubisoft doesn't usually fail on the graphics front. At least, not their good studios (whoever made those Batman games will die).

hahah... trying to read the text in the photos... seems that if you tilt the controller sideways you can shoot 'ganster style' ROFL.

Its the dew duel wielding!

Mentok said:
hahah... trying to read the text in the photos... seems that if you tilt the controller sideways you can shoot 'ganster style' ROFL.

Its the dew duel wielding!
Gangster style is cool though. It should do double damage.

So what's the control scheme, move with the (pardon the terminologies) "*****" and aim with the "remote"?

That looks about right as far as graphics go. I wasn't expecting extreme photorealism, as that's not what I want when I play fictional games. I want stuff to react in a realistic fashion, but it doesn't have to look perfect. If they can capture that, I'm down like Chinatown.

WhatsHisFace said:
Gangster style is cool though. It should do double damage.

So what's the control scheme, move with the (pardon the terminologies) "*****" and aim with the "remote"?

Yeah, sounds right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"