• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Audio Device Upon Restart

Drakon

I got a rock.
Reaction score
Recently I was hit with the SALITY virus [nasty little bugger]. I've since gotten my setup nice and clean for the most part. However, now whenever I reboot my computer [XP SP3], I get no sound. I've figured out a workaround, kind of, but I'd like to know how to actually fix this.

What I think is going on here is a corrupt driver. I use my onboard sound card [Realtek AC97]. When I reboot, I get no audio device, and thus, no audio. But if I go into device manager, and uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers, then I get sound, no problem. I'm sure it's something I can probably fix by tinkering in the registry, but I haven't figured out what or where so. Any tips would be phenomenal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"