No Hard Feelings (Jennifer Lawrence, Ebon Moss-Bachrach)

This trailer made me realize how comedy-free we are in the cinema world. I really hope for the return of the 'f*** it-politically incorrect comedies'. I'm so tired of everyone being triggered by every little thing.
We need more laughs.

I don't know, guys. Look, I'm no prude. But the premise of this film is just weird, to me.

Imagine a film where a 34 year old man is hired to take the v-card of 19 year old girl, and grinds on her and does crazy things to seduce her, when she's clearly uncomfortable (as the young guy in this trailer is).

That film would never, ever, be made in 2023.

It's just a little gross, to me. And tone-deaf if we're trying to get better as a society about consent and power dynamics with significant age gaps in relationships.

Thankfully, this is not that movie.

This trailer made me realize how comedy-free we are in the cinema world. I really hope for the return of the 'f*** it-politically incorrect comedies'. I'm so tired of everyone being triggered by every little thing.
We need more laughs.
I can't even remember what the last good raunchy comedy I saw was.

I remember seeing movies like American Pie, Scary Movie, There's Something About Mary and Sausage Party on opening night with a packed theater and laughing my damned ass off so much my sides hurt.

I doubt those movies could get made these days.

As for No Hard Feelings I'll be seeing it this weekend. There was a sneak preview in a few theaters last Saturday, but sadly none were close enough for me to go to a 7 pm show.

I haven't seen anything in the theaters since Guardians of the Galaxy 3, but I'll be seeing 2 this weekend, NHF and Asteroid City.

Saw this tonight. It’s a cute little comedy, somewhat raunchy but not that vulgar or anything. J-Law is very funny in it, as expected. Overall, not that memorable of a film.

I can confirm J-Law has a funny full frontal nude scene in this movie.

I can also confirm this and it was glorious. Great use of nudity for the sake of comedy.

Did anyone watch this movie? I need something to watch for the 4th and frickin Joyride isn't dropping until the 5th.

Did anyone watch this movie? I need something to watch for the 4th and frickin Joyride isn't dropping until the 5th.
I saw it and enjoyed it.
It isn't among the very best of its genre, but it is definitely above average. That, ahem, scene people are referring to is a bit of a surprise. I knew the scene was there, but I was surprised at the length of it, not that I'm complaining in the slightest.:beaming:

I'd give it a solid 7/10

I saw it and enjoyed it.
It isn't among the very best of its genre, but it is definitely above average. That, ahem, scene people are referring to is a bit of a surprise. I knew the scene was there, but I was surprised at the length of it, not that I'm complaining in the slightest.:beaming:

I'd give it a solid 7/10
Great, I appreciate your thoughts. It's between No Hard Feelings and Elemental tomorrow for me

It's a solid throwback to the Apatow era.

Just caught this on Netflix. This was honestly the best comedy ive seen in years. It felt very Judd Apatow-esque. Very sharply written and acted and well timed comedy. My favorite kind. But it also had a ton of genuine heart to it. Shame it didnt do better at the box office.

We need more laughs.
I agree, and I think many people feel this way. I think we're just in a really s*** creative phase when it comes to mainstream cinema -- especially comedies. But I do feel that this is a phase that will inevitably pass.

I enjoyed this film. I didn't think it was anything incredible, but I appreciated that the film wasn't afraid to take a more absurd, raunchy approach. J Law isn't pulling any punches either, she's fully committed to the film's jokes even going full frontal. You really get a sense of J Law's taste for comedy, she's a huge fan of Dumb and Dumber. This film is in a similar vain to that, although there's more of a message to it.

The outrage is ridiculous. It's a fictional film. It's a comedy poking fun at absurd ideas. Not everything needs to be viewed through the lens of our reality -- that would stunt creativity.

I agree with the above written. This comedy isn't anything special or groundbraking, but a fun little comedy which is totally fine. J Law is IMHO hilarious in the role. There was some fuss about that infamous nude scene, but that was totally comedic.

Someome shouting "Seabitch" (exellent insultment name btw) at J-law's character, which made her get back on the beach in total rage, and while having a few struggles still kicked the ass out of those losers. And still totally nude, wich made it even more funny. Over all great comedy. You kan do typical scenes with the beautiful actress going full frontal nude, which will remind you of these today dated 70/80s/90s flicks. Or you can do a totally hilarious scene like this (that is of course if the actress/actor is comfortable with it).

Last edited:
Theres something to be said though anout taking a well worn concept snd just executing it well though. I am sure this film’s concept has been done many times before but Lawrence and Feldman’s chemistry made it feel new. I loved this from start to finish. It technically isnt anything special but it was a pleasantly refreshing break from the type of film thats been dominating the zeitgeist lately.

I've been circling this one around since it was released on Netflix because I agree regarding what's been said about comedy films but just can't get past Lawrence. For most movies she's in, I tend to avoid them.

Enjoyed this a good bit. I nice but naughty comedy we don't see much of anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"