No Time To Die (Bond 25)

I've been wanting to rewatch License to Kill so just in time.

I always thought License to Kill was underrated. I get that people feel it wasn’t very Bond-like but it’s still an awesome action movie. It’s the better of the two Dalton films IMO, and Bouvier is one of the most badass Bond girls ever.

I always thought License to Kill was underrated. I get that people feel it wasn’t very Bond-like but it’s still an awesome action movie. It’s the better of the two Dalton films IMO, and Bouvier is one of the most badass Bond girls ever.

I've come around to it. I was turned off by it when I first saw it and thought it was kind of joyless. But rewatching it a few years ago and thinking about it, it's a damn good movie and it feels like a story Fleming would have written. Ahead of its time, as Dalton was as Bond who was Craig before Craig but even more book accurate. Plus I appreciate the Hildebrand Rarity and the LALD novel references. Bouvier was always one of the things I liked about it most even when I first saw it. :up:

I like aspects but my problem with a lot of 80s Bond movies are they’re kind of boring. And I blame the director of most of them (all of them?) John Glen for that. He’s just a bland director.

I have doubts about how legit this actually is, but yes absolutely.

No idea who he is but he has the look. If true. I might buy it? Bond producers have their ear to the ground with what's in vogue so an actor from a hit Netflix show would be on their radar.

Plus the British tabloids bizarrely seem to be the most in the know of Bond news based on the history of the franchise.

It’s interesting to think that, mainly due to how long Craig’s tenure has been and how young I was when Brosnan was cast, what’s coming up will be only the second Bond casting search I’ll have experienced.

It gets scary when you become older than the actor they end up casting as Bond. Growing up I could always rely that Bond is an older “man age” to strive for lol

Its like finally passing the never changing age of Homer Simpson.

It gets scary when you become older than the actor they end up casting as Bond. Growing up I could always rely that Bond is an older “man age” to strive for lol

Its like finally passing the never changing age of Homer Simpson.

Pattinson is the first time I'm older than the latest actor playing Batman and it deeply unsettles me.....

Pattinson is the first time I'm older than the latest actor playing Batman and it deeply unsettles me.....
It's like me when the new super popular Disney kid is younger than you.

Reactions: Asr
The Russia setting would be great for a rebooted Bond, so maybe its a good thing they didn't use it for Greg's (literal) last outing?

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s top of the list.

If he gets it they should bring back Willem dafoe’s character from the everything or nothing game

Damn. Pattinson as Bond. What a miss for Eon.

Bond- M. Enough. You're not my father......

Also the Russian plot probably wouldn't age well

Danny Boyle- How about this for an action sequence! We drive a tank through Ukrainian streets! There'll be lots of explosions and action!

I remember I was really bumped that Boyle didn't do the film and I think it hurt the script at some level that it had to be written in such a short time after his departure and that they eventually based it on a pretty much abandoned draft by Purvis and Wade. I also agree with him in Bond dying as the execution (no pun intended) of the idea felt kind of forced to me in No Time to Die.

But I also believe we probably got the better film after all. It would be interesting to have Boyle in a blockbuster film for a change and to see what he would have brought to the table, but even he says he's not made up for this. I doubt that in his version we would've gotten the excellent action sequences and emotional connection we did in this film or a good wrapping of all the loose threads of the previous movies. And I also don't think his tone would fit well with Craig's tenure. So I'm glad we got the film we did, even if it needed more time in pre-production, to polish things up.

Rob would’ve been the perfect age too if they are doing the reboot in the next couple of years. Damn.

I keep going back between Dan Stevens and Cavill...with a more lighter toned Bond.

The Wrap - 'No Time to Die' Director Cary Fukunaga Accused of Inappropriate Sexual Advances by Multiple Young Actresses

The Daily Beast - Actress: ‘Bond’ Director Cary Joji Fukunaga Pressured Me Into Going Nude (October 2021)
Actress Raeden Greer says she was fired from “True Detective” when she refused to go topless after heavy pressure from director Cary Fukunaga, despite it not being in her contract.

Writer/Producer Nick Cuse has also accused Fukunaga of being a plagiarist of his material ("He didn’t groom me to **** me but he did use a lot of the same tactics to get me to write his scripts for him. Which he would then put his name on. One time, after me spending three weeks on a script for him, he told me to open up the cover page and type his name under 'Written By'. I had to literally type in the stolen credit with my own fingers. I’m ashamed to say I didn’t stand up to him or say anything at the time.") and is the "worst human being" he's ever encountered among other accusations. He's credited as a 'consultant' on No Time To Die.

Did Film Director Rip Off Photographer Richard Mosse? - artnet News (2015)

Rolling Stone - 'He Needs to Be Stopped': Sources Say Cary Fukunaga 'Abused His Power' To Pursue Young Women on Set

Nearly a dozen sources say the ‘No Time to Die’ director repeatedly crossed professional lines, using his sets to openly pursue much younger female cast and crew members

Last edited:
Oh dear.

ok. This is one more point in the “bond is long overdue for a woman director” column. Now more than ever

On a happier note... at my job, I can watch a movie while working during the afternoon while I'm reporting tv ratings into a doc.

I'm re-watching the series;

Doctor No | 3/5
From Russia With Love | 3.5/5
Goldfinger | 4.5/5

They really perfected the spy vibes, the filming, Connery's Bond, the villain, and it's one of the strongest novel adaptions with Goldfinger. I really wish FRWL had as much impact as the novel does for me, but that'll happen. It should have been a latter film - not so early in Connery's run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"