Comics Norman Osborn as Iron Patriot (Theory)

B

ben_reilly_s_s

I think that the Iron Patriot is Norman Osborn for two reasons:

Reason 1 - I saw an image of Iron Patriot over on ign.com and it looks like a classic Goblin pose like when he's about to toss a Pumpkin Bomb.

Reason 2 - Osborn is furious (a lie) about a new Green Goblin and wants to show he is good and decent (another lie)

I havent been reading Iron Man lately, but hasnt Osborn been after Stark's technology?

you were right. norm is the iron patriot

And the New Avengers are pissed about it!! :woot:

I don't like it. Norman as the head of the US? Interesting read. Norman actually fighting on the battlefront? No.

Well, what did you expect him to do? The country is raving about him because he was the bad ass who went around shooting Skrulls and freakin' took out the leader on national tv.

Of course he's going to jump into the battlefront to keep up the front that he's out there for the greater good of the people.

I am loving this part of it, but it seems there is a lot of Norman Osborn in a lot of the Marvel books lately. Though I can't wait to watch everything crumble in on him and another Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin battle is just waiting in the wings I can feel it.

I was still expecting him to operate and run things from the sidelines, Thunderbolts style. He has the nation under his fingertips, the newest Thunderbolts and the Dark Avengers, and his Secret Cabal, plus HAMMER. I like to see him directing all these factions, but seeing him don that Iron Patroit armor and actually go out into the action? Its not ruining anything for me, so I may take to it.

But you want a real Dark Avengers lineup? With the Hulk being seen on the Mighty Avengers lineup, put Rulk on the DA.

Yeah.

I also look at it as Osborn basically sticking the middle finger up at Tony Stark as well. Stark started the registration and ran SHIELD and was still Iron Man and everything. And now Osborn is basically saying, "Oh yeah? Well, I can do that too and way better than you, Stark!"

I actually can't wait to see a Osborn/Stark battle should be pretty intense. I just hope the writers don't drop the ball but Bendis has been on fire lately, at least in my opinion

Yeah.

I also look at it as Osborn basically sticking the middle finger up at Tony Stark as well. Stark started the registration and ran SHIELD and was still Iron Man and everything. And now Osborn is basically saying, "Oh yeah? Well, I can do that too and way better than you, Stark!"

I actually can't wait to see a Osborn/Stark battle should be pretty intense. I just hope the writers don't drop the ball but Bendis has been on fire lately, at least in my opinion
same here

I actually can't wait to see a Osborn/Stark battle should be pretty intense. I just hope the writers don't drop the ball

I'm torn. Tony taking down Osborn would be really sweet and a great step on his road to redemption, but how can Osborn NOT be taken out by Spider-Man? I just wouldn't seem right.

maybe they can set thier differences aside and team up agains iron "goblin"

I'm really liking Dark Reign so far. I don't think Norm will stay as Iron Patriot for long though. Perhaps it was just a propaganda ploy? He will probably be sitting in his office calling the shots.

My man DP is coming to rain on his parade though. For those of you who don't know, it was Deadpool who gave Osbourne the info on how to kill the Skrull Queen. Acidentally I might add. He was sending the info to Nick Fury, but Osbourne hacked in and intercepted it. So DP is directly responsible for the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D and the rise of H.A.M.M.E.R. But all he cares about is his money, and he is gonna do anything to get it back!

hmmm, just thought of something....
What if it was a 4 way fight?
Iron Man vs. Iron Patriot vs. Iron Spider vs. War Machine.

I'm torn. Tony taking down Osborn would be really sweet and a great step on his road to redemption, but how can Osborn NOT be taken out by Spider-Man? I just wouldn't seem right.

Agreed. If Spidey is reduced to "background status" here, as he was during Secret Invasion, then im done with these so-called "events"....

(sits back and re-reads MTIO Annual #2, and the original Secret Wars, when Spidey was respected in big "events"...)

That Norman Osborn is a cool Iron Man villain, Spider-Man should have a bad guy like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"