Norton distances The Incredible Hulk (2008) from The Hulk (2003)

You're the man, Anton! Thanks for the scans! You made my day!

I freaking hope they distance it, though Im not a hater of the Ang Lee HULK I still want them to be separate films.

AC, you made my day... Thanks for that, this film is gonna ROCK!!! He SO gets the character and the angles, it is simply amazing!

I really have a feeling that this will be the best year for Marvel movies. Everyone really seems to have learned a lot from past comic book movies. Even the Punisher is looking special. But the Incredible Hulk will be the best among the 3. The passion that Letterier and Norton is showing, it's incredible.

Wow, cool. Thanks for posting. This interview makes me think that Norton was born for this role in the same way that a lot of people think Ledger was born for the Joker. Almost sets the bar too high for TIH, imo. I wonder, can one movie really accomplish all of this stuff he's talking about... the "Proteus myth," "the Amygdala" part of the brain, etc? I mean, what the... ?/#%? But then I realize that he's in it for the long haul, that he's talking about fleshing these things out "in multiple parts."

"(T)he thrill of it is knowing if you push this guy, this quiet moral person, his bite-back is going to be legendary!"

This line, for me, encapsulates the Hulk.

Isnt it supposed to be the Prometheus myth rather than the Proteus one? Think Norton is getting mixed up there.

But it was indeed great to hear him talking about multiple chapters, i hope he puts his heart and sole into what will become a franchise rather than just one movie.

really like the sound of this

"Banners driving motivation, part of what was interesting to me is the sense of guilt, a sense of having monkeyed with nature. He applied a certain ignorance to him work and assumed that he can master forces that maybe aren't meant to be tinkered with" :bh:

Isnt it supposed to be the Prometheus myth rather than the Proteus one? Think Norton is getting mixed up there.

But it was indeed great to hear him talking about multiple chapters, i hope he puts his heart and sole into what will become a franchise rather than just one movie.

I've no knowledge whatsoever in Greek mythology so I don't know. In past articles/interviews, though, yeah, I thought Prometheus was the Greek god du jour.

It's heart and soul, btw. lol

"Banners driving motivation, part of what was interesting to me is the sense of guilt, a sense of having monkeyed with nature. He applied a certain ignorance to him work and assumed that he can master forces that maybe aren't meant to be tinkered with" :bh:
Yeah, I liked that part too, and people are going to hate me for this, but I attribute my understanding of that side of Banner to the TV show.

GFT

Ohhhhhh I crack myself up

What's GFT?

I've no knowledge whatsoever in Greek mythology so I don't know. In past articles/interviews, though, yeah, I thought Prometheus was the Greek god du jour.

It's heart and soul, btw. lol

I'm pretty sure its Prometheus who stole fire from the Gods and gave it to men, not Proteus.

And yeah, i know its spelt soul, just wasnt concentrating.

This was indeed a great part of the interview, i wonder will this sense of guilt be what drives him to use the Hulk to save the people of New York at the end.

This was indeed a great part of the interview, i wonder will this sense of guilt be what drives him to use the Hulk to save the people of New York at the end.

Hmmmm. Maybe. I think it’s more like “I shouldn’t have pushed the thing until I had better data as to the results.” "I shouldn’t have let my ego override my common sense."

Actually I think Proteus is more appropriate then Prometheus. Proteus was a shape changing God. The Proteus name is normally used in association with the sea or the ability to change forms. The name of the disease that the Elephant man had is known as Proteus syndrome.

jasper beat me to it...

Actually I think Proteus is more appropriate then Prometheus. Proteus was a shape changing God. The Proteus name is normally used in association with the sea or the ability to change forms. The name of the disease that the Elephant man had is known as Proteus syndrome.

but yeah proteus was a shape changer although prometheus could also apply since he stole fire from the gods and that could be seen as a metaphor for banner's tinkering with nature.

Mary Shelley's, Frankenstein, (the monster from which Hulk is partially based on) is subtitled The Modern Prometheus.

That is because in myth Prometheus created man out of clay.

And he did bring fire to humans which brought him great punishment until Heracles freed him.

but yeah proteus was a shape changer although prometheus could also apply since he stole fire from the gods and that could be seen as a metaphor for banner's tinkering with nature.

Norton does mention stealing from the gods in the interview though, so that leads me to think he meant prometheus, who i also think is a more appropriate metaphor for what Banner did to become the Hulk.

Hmmmm. Maybe. I think it’s more like “I shouldn’t have pushed the thing until I had better data as to the results.” "I shouldn’t have let my ego override my common sense."

I think thats what it will be at the start, and maybe through most of the movie, but i wonder whether that guilt is what ultimately drives him to use the Hulk to save people.

If that was the case, it would be a sort of Ghost Rider angle to the story.

I think thats what it will be at the start, and maybe through most of the movie, but i wonder whether that guilt is what ultimately drives him to use the Hulk to save people.

If that was the case, it would be a sort of Ghost Rider angle to the story.

I hope not. That's not the Hulk. The Hulk isn't at Banners Beckon-call. If the Hulk saves someone it's because the Hulk likes the person more times than not.

Beckon-call works as well, Bannerless :oldrazz:

Beckon: Wave, Brandish

Uh... I think you meant Obi there, Cracker. Don't shortchange the dude. Give credit where credit is due. lol

I'm a spelling and grammar nerd, what can I say? Went to the national bee in 1992, and did pretty well in pee-wee wrestling, so it's in my nature to set y'all straight. But that's fine. You let loose with all of your colloquialisms. Let 'em rip. Maybe you'll get a few Freudian slips along the way. I won't correct anyone everrrrrrr again... :whatever: :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"