Nostalgia Critic's Top 11 Dumbest Spider-Man Moments

If no one can write Venom well enough for a live-action film, then I agree that the less Venom is better. But not everyone hates the character to not understand the character.

Its not just Venom, but the whole symbiote story in general that makes it so awesome. Seeing Spider-Man don the black costume, showing off his darker side, and eventually getting rid of it to do what's right. Then the symbiote takes Eddie instead and uses its own anger combined with Brock's to get revenge on him.

This list is invalid without "maskless Spider-Man" in at least three places.

I think mask-less Spider-Man is a legit complaint.

This list is invalid without "maskless Spider-Man" in at least three places.
:up:

Again,for all the praise it gets,SM 2 is the one with the most blatent unmasking.(On the train,when his mask kinda-sorta gets burned.:whatever:)At least in the other films the mask is left half on.

If your mask was on fire, you would pull it off. That one never bothered me. The others, yeah. Just to see the Star's face...of all reasons.

:up:

Again,for all the praise it gets,SM 2 is the one with the most blatent unmasking.(On the train,when his mask kinda-sorta gets burned.:whatever:)At least in the other films the mask is left half on.
His face was getting electrocuted, so he took his mask off.

And SM3 had more unmasked moments than SM2. Both fights between Harry and Peter, and Peter vs. Venom during the last moments of the film.

In SM2, he just takes off his mask during the train scene. In SM1, at least he kept his mask on throughout the whole movie. At most, part of his mask got blown up at the end, but that's it.

Venom's "face time" bugs me way more than any time Spidey was unmasked.

Raimi has a thing about covering actors faces ever since Goblin in SM-1.

Venom's "face time" bugs me way more than any time Spidey was unmasked.

Oh yes. That really pissed me off. Nobody wanted to see Venom so they can get a glimpse of Topher Grace. We have That 70s Show for that. What were they thinking?! Or were they thinking at all?

Although I think Spider-Man 2 is a far superior movie, I think the first Spider-Man movie on its own is just perfect as far as Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy goes. Mary Jane was a true redhead, Spider-Man kept his mask ON, and it will always be THEE Spider-Man movie.

MJ being a red head and Spidey keeping the mask on. Doesn't take much to make THE Spidey movie for you does it ;)

If no one can write Venom well enough for a live-action film, then I agree that the less Venom is better. But not everyone hates the character to not understand the character.

What makes Venom so damn interesting for me is the combination of these two different creatures that bond to form one vicious and creepy monster. Venom himself is just what I said:a creepy,savage monster that wants nothing more than to ruin,and then destroy Spider-man. I think that's why some may think of him as a one dimensional character. But you have to look at Eddie Brock first,this man who clearly has depression,anger and instability issues. But under all that,I think,he really is a decent man who wants to do good. Then,the other half of Venom is the alien symbiote itself. This "creature" that feeds off hate and needs a host to survive,and has a very cool and original backstory(in concerns to bonding with Spidey and then Brock). This is one of many reasons I love Venom and why I think a solo film could easily work. You have to explore the soul of the man before you can understand the monster.

What makes Venom so damn interesting for me is the combination of these two different creatures that bond to form one vicious and creepy monster. Venom himself is just what I said:a creepy,savage monster that wants nothing more than to ruin,and then destroy Spider-man. I think that's why some may think of him as a one dimensional character. But you have to look at Eddie Brock first,this man who clearly has depression,anger and instability issues. But under all that,I think,he really is a decent man who wants to do good. Then,the other half of Venom is the alien symbiote itself. This "creature" that feeds off hate and needs a host to survive,and has a very cool and original backstory(in concerns to bonding with Spidey and then Brock). This is one of many reasons I love Venom and why I think a solo film could easily work. You have to explore the soul of the man before you can understand the monster.
This.

I wasn't annoyed by some of the extras, Hal Sparks was always funny on the VH-1 "I Love___" specials but I found it unrealistic how some of the girls in New York were almost supermodel pretty such as the few women Emo Parker is flirty with.

In SM2, he just takes off his mask during the train scene. In SM1, at least he kept his mask on throughout the whole movie. At most, part of his mask got blown up at the end, but that's it.

He had it off when he was saving MJ from those thugs. Although it was dark so they couldn't really see that well.

I think that's more on the studio because even in Amazing Spider-man they kept finding some reason for him to take off his mask.

I wasn't annoyed by some of the extras, Hal Sparks was always funny on the VH-1 "I Love___" specials but I found it unrealistic how some of the girls in New York were almost supermodel pretty such as the few women Emo Parker is flirty with.

Sam Raimi loves the pretty girls,does he not? I've always noticed how hot most of the women are in the trilogy. Take for example,in Spider-man 3 when Hoffman is in Jameson's office explaining how to improve the Bugle's sales. Anyone notice the 2 hot girls just there standing next to him,for no real reason,with no lines? lol Sam...you dog!

He had it off when he was saving MJ from those thugs. Although it was dark so they couldn't really see that well.

I forgot about that scene. But at least it was dark.

Sam Raimi loves the pretty girls,does he not? I've always noticed how hot most of the women are in the trilogy. Take for example,in Spider-man 3 when Hoffman is in Jameson's office explaining how to improve the Bugle's sales. Anyone notice the 2 hot girls just there standing next to him,for no real reason,with no lines? lol Sam...you dog!

Haha I also forgot about that! How about when Sandman runs into the truck full of sand and emerges as a giant... sand monster? The camera zooms in on a few hot women screaming. Even in the commentary, I think it was Kirsten Dunst who said something along the lines of "all of a sudden, NYC is full of beautiful women on every corner."

Haha I also forgot about that! How about when Sandman runs into the truck full of sand and emerges as a giant... sand monster? The camera zooms in on a few hot women screaming. Even in the commentary, I think it was Kirsten Dunst who said something along the lines of "all of a sudden, NYC is full of beautiful women on every corner."

Don't forget when Marko falls into that sand mutation experiment. How many hot looking woman in labcoats were there,in that bunker,conducting that test? :oldrazz:

How about in SM2 when they are shouting, "Spider-Man take me!" :funny:

The crane scene from TASM tops all of these...Just sayin'. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"