NOV - Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

EXCELSIOR

Sidekick
Reaction score
BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CONTEST PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES!

Welcome to the SuperHeroHYPE Fan Art Contest!

THE CONTEST:
SUPERHERO OFF-SPRING - I took a couple of your suggestions and merged them together for this months theme - What if Batman & She-Hulk had a kid, what if Spider-Man & Wonder Woman had a kid... you get the idea, villains are good parents too!
Go crazy - come up with an original new character, feature him/her in a solo image or do a family portrait!
(*)If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

THE RULES:
One entry per artist. Try and be as ORIGINAL as possible, do it in pencil, crayon, markers, action figures, Photoshop whatever medium you are comfortable with. Using art/photo reference is okay, I just don't want to see anyone directly COPY an existing piece of ARTWORK... PHOTO-MANIPS are allowed this month! But please be creative with your manips - simply coloring Batman red or pasting him on the moon won't cut it! - Your entry should be posted HERE in this thread. Using artwork created by someone else and claiming it as your own will not be allowed - and that entry will be disqualified. Originality is always key! NO NUDITY!
(*)If you are banned at the close of the contest your entry will be disqualified!

And please keep the comments and critiques as FAIR as possible. Remember by posting your entry you are open to critique!

ONE ENTRY PER ARTIST!
Take your time and show 'em your best work, try to avoid posting works-in-progress. (Any duplicate entries may be deleted without notice from the thread). You may want to check the thread occasionally to see that your entry is still posted, any entries not showing at the close of the contest may be disqualified. Also if you choose to 'team-up' with another artist then you must clearly state both names with the entry and who did what.

IMAGE HOSTING
All entries should be posted here in this thread.
You will need to host your own image and 'hotlink' the image URL to this thread.
Entries must be visible in this thread - posting a text link only your entry can be missed!
SHH has a gallery HERE if you need FREE hosting space (for contest entries only please)
I will assemble the entries as they come in and post them in the SHH Fan Art Gallery.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

THE DEADLINE & VOTING:
NOV. 25, 2008 - (contest closes midnight PST on the 25th)
*Contest closing happens during Thanksgiving Holiday so be patient with the voting thread!
Winner will be chosen by the artists in FAN ART - via a special voting gallery!
Winner also gets a bump in avatar size! - WHOOT!

So there is your assignment if you chose to take it... You should post your artwork here in this thread!
ONLY IMAGES CREATED BY YOU AND POSTED ONLY IN THIS THREAD ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CONTEST. By entering the contest you are agreeing that the artwork submitted is original and created by you the artist, and original to this contest and by posting an image you are open to critique!

GOOD LUCK!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

Awesome :up: Definitely entering this month.

good idea excelsior kudos and welcome back

Glad you guys dig the theme - I can't take all the credit for it though.. :)

I may even try and do a non-entry this month!

(*)Just an FYI - there may NOT be a Dec contest, historically with the xmas holidays and all its never been a big contest month - so if there isn't one I don't want you guys to think I went back into hibernation! ;)

Didn't we have this theme recently? I might have been on some heavy drugs, or something. but I seem to remember KAD drawing offspring of Batman and Wonder Woman....

i think that was last feb, the couples contest... kad just chose to do kids too.

Didn't we have this theme recently? I might have been on some heavy drugs, or something. but I seem to remember KAD drawing offspring of Batman and Wonder Woman....

NOPE - we did "superhero hook-ups" - I guess this months theme comes 9 months after that one - HEH

Think we had this a couple of years ago.... I did a Mumm-Ra and Maleficent (from sleeping beauty) offspring.... hahaha. WOw, good times.

I havent posted art on the hype in aaaages, but it looks like I might have something for this month before the end of the evening.
Groovy theme.

Does it have to be from different companies? Like DC and Marvel or could they both be from Marvel or something?

i think i'll be doing invincible's and atom eve's son

Does it have to be from different companies? Like DC and Marvel or could they both be from Marvel or something?

Those were only my suggestions - feel free to do whatever your heart desires! - As long as its superhero related...

HAVE FUN!

Hey guys I'm back, sadly couldn't enter The Halloween fan art contest was too busy with work :( when I saw this fan art contest I just had to enter had loads of great ideas :)

Well here's my image for this month's contest:

Batanna: The daugther of Batman and Zatanna

Enjoy :)

batannacopy.jpg

:batty: Baggers :batty:

^Nice! Great start to the month, Baggers!

Thanx Mattchew :) can't wait to see the rest of the images/ideas for this month's contest :D

:batty: Baggers :batty:

Mine's finished. The insane future ruler of Latveria:
Victoria Munroe-Von-Doom.
(The offspring of Dr.Doom and Storm)

vondoom.jpg

Mine's finished. The insane future ruler of Latveria:
Victoria Munroe-Von-Doom.
(The offspring of Dr.Doom and Storm)

vondoom.jpg

very cool!!!!! and great to see you back! i actually pondered this combination myself.

You remember at the end of Kingdom Come (Mark Waid, Alex Ross) when Superman and Wonder Woman told Batman how they were having a baby and wanted him to help raise it? Well, this is what I think that baby would have grown up to be like.

I give you... SUPER HUNTRESS!!!

Kingdom_Come_Daughter_w_lines_by_Johnny_DC.png

...or maybe Wonder Wing?

I dunno.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great comments guys :)

Johnny, that line art makes it look veeery cool. :word: Now the details of the anatomy really come through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"