• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oblivion on Ps3: Owned.

El Santo

Civilian
Reaction score
Ugh, I should kick myself in the nuts for using "owned" :cmad:
Anyway, ROFL.

downgradepg4.jpg

---

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/10/oblivion-downgraded-for-ps3-not-happening-on-wii/

When we learned that the PS3 version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion would not feature the majority of downloadable content found on the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game, it was a blow to fans of horse armor everywhere. An episode of The 1UP Show (02/02) provides the follow-up hook as 1UP relays a juicy bit of info from Bethesda. As it turns out, it may be due to a memory limitation with the Playstation 3 itself.

1UP says that Bethesda simply could not find a way to load every piece of downloadable content without affecting the performance of the game. Considering that the Xbox 360 can pull off this feat without a hitch, that seems quite odd. Bethesda will still be looking into getting that content available for PS3 users, as addressed by their VP of Marketing, Peter Hines, who also comments on the "rumors" regarding the memory issue in an IGN interview.

As for the PS3 version of Oblivion trumping the 360 in the visuals department, it just so happens that the new shader techniques applied to the PS3 will also be worked into the 360 version of the game. And thus, they are equals once more. Unless you want some horse armor. In which case, you're boned.

The PS3 makes up for it by being 4D and running at 120fps.

Stop cherry picking inccorect news reports. -_-

I don't blame you guys, really I don't. I mean I understand you have a psycologicalblockthatpreventsyoufrombeingevenhanded, so I forgive eacha nd every one of you.

Gamera, you brought this on yourself... -_-

I don't blame you guys, really I don't. I mean I understand you have a psycologicalblockthatpreventsyoufrombeingevenhanded, so I forgive eacha nd every one of you.

Gamera, you brought this on yourself... -_-

And where is your proof that this claim is untrue? If you have a link handy, I'd love to see it. Cut the ad hominem bullcrap and actually provide something of use to the people in this thread.

Aw so angry! :)

I just made the thread. Serious this stuff is more prevailent in accesibility than the misinformation that came before so why make the thread with the misinformation -_-

Thisd is STUPID. PS3 has more power than the Xbox1.5 and this game got more time to make it better. Its going to look much better than the other varsion on the xbox.

Plus it has blueray drive so it will have more game on it.

You my friend, are an idiot. :o

Thisd is STUPID. PS3 has more power than the Xbox1.5 and this game got more time to make it better. Its going to look much better than the other varsion on the xbox.

Plus it has blueray drive so it will have more game on it.

I have to agree with Gt, you're an idiot. PS3 has a somewhat more powerful CPU, with a somewhat less powerful GPU. So, you're half-right. Also, anybody that calls the 360 the Xbox "1.5" is stuck in the yesteryear when people actually thought that Sony was going to deliver a "revolutionary" console. Guess what? They didn't.

no one delivered a revolutionary console, including nintendo.

until i see 3d holographic projection, then we'll call it a revolution.

Basically, if you put the two together with the same game, you'd get the same result, unless you're playing on a huge HDTV with 1080p.

There's no real "OMG PS3 is so much better looking" game out yet. Gears of War (Yes, it's 2nd gen) looks much better than Resistance does, and Sony was saying GoW sucks in comparison to Resistance's graphics. :huh::down

Yeah, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. The PS3 is faster and better than the Xbox. Everyone knows this except for stupid xbot fanboys like you.

I believe this is what you would be looking for out of all that crap. It's okay, I know that grammar has failed you, but we can work through this.. together.

Also, it's indeed not faster or better than the Xbox. As evidenced by the fact that it has yet to produce one technically better-looking game than anything showcased on the Xbox. The 360's GPU is marginally better than the PS3's. Just look up the fact sheets, you poor, poor moron. :csad:

Shut up xbot.

Get your facts straight junior, before being idio--- never mind. :whatever:

I HAVE a PS3, and have HDMI ports. I have Resistance, and have played it a lot. But in NO WAY does it better Gears of War, except for the amount of online players.

Have a nice day Firm Sony Supporter.

Oh, and don't forget calling people stupid xbots, and telling us to shut up.

Sorry for arguing, trying to prove points.

Ok, so I get called an idiot but thats fine is it then?

Not really. But you're being even more obnoxious and rude than everyone else. :whatever:

Also, you can think you're right, but unless you have some hard facts please refrain from ever trying to discuss this topic with anyone, ever, again.

It's called TROLLING, Router.

Click in the link to the board rules in C. Lee's sig.

Ok, so I get called an idiot but thats fine is it then?

Fine, i wont call anybody names. They are wrong anyway and nothing will change that.

I can change it, continue misbehaving and I'll be happy to give you the boot

Let's debate nice and no name calling by anyone or I'll be happy giving out some punishment

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"