Occult/Supernatural Comic Books

Nathan Petrelli

Civilian
Reaction score
Apart from the upcoming Supernatural series, what are some good comic books that are based around the Occult/Supernatural/Hell/Satanic themes?

Thank you.

Yeah I was contemplating about getting into Hellblazer, any good? Also, what do you people think about the Lucifer series?

Yeah I was contemplating about getting into Hellblazer, any good? Also, what do you people think about the Lucifer series?

Both are very good. Especially Garth Ennis' run of Hellblazer. Also, if you want to get to the very heart of DC/Vertigo supernatural comics, go for Sandman.

Thanks. I will look for these titles, any issue or tpb of Hellblazer, Sandman and Lucifer where I should start?

Thanks. I will look for these titles, any issue or tpb of Hellblazer, Sandman and Lucifer where I should start?

Just start from the beginning. Both Sandman and Lucifer are over at this point, so just start from the beginning and read 'til the end. Hellblazer's still ongoing, and really, you can pick up any trade, simply keeping in mind the basics of "The main character is John Constantine, who is a complete *****ebag who smokes too much," and you won't be completely lost, but reading from the beginning really gives you an idea of how he became such a *****e, and the stories are over all just good.

Cool thank you. I will pick up Hellblazer first and then start on Sandman and Lucifer later on.

Cool thank you. I will pick up Hellblazer first and then start on Sandman and Lucifer later on.

While the tone is quite different, Lucifer is something of a sequel to Sandman, so finish Sandman before you begin Lucifer.

You should check out Hellboy then BPRD and all side comics associated with it.

Mignola uses tradional folk tale baddies as the antogonists and lays on the Nazi/Occult practices very heavily. Not to mention Rasputin is a common reoccuring villain in the series.

It's because of this series that I purchased some encyclopedias of the occult and demonology so I could see where Mignola was getting some of his material from.

- Hellboy, BPRD, Abe Sapien, Lobster Johnson, etc.--pretty much everything from Mignola's Hellboy universe is about as awesome as you can get for supernatural fun.

- The Damned is supernatural and noirish and is probably one of the best comics I've read in years.

- The new House of Mystery is fun.

- Neil Gaiman's Sandman has a very supernatural flavor and is one of the best comic series ever.

- I don't know if religion counts as occult to anyone but me, but Preacher follows a dude trying to kick God's ass. It's hilarious and a great read.

- The current Ghost Rider series has actually been a lot of fun since Jason Aaron took over.

- Brian K. Vaughan's Dr. Strange: The Oath mini-series is great.

- Fables features folktale characters and is a wonderful series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"