• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Official Fans of Reilly Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speakin' of which, was it me or did Peter go from bein' a "reflection of his Uncle Ben" to a slimmed out cop?

Que?

amazing149a.jpg

spidey73.jpg

cover.pl

In Earth X Peter was reitred, plump, described as Uncle Ben-ish by Ross. Then in th' sequels, he becomes a cop with web shooters with gray streaks only. Did I miss somethin' or what?

I believe he becomes a cop after his daughter becomes a superhero

I'll check the Earth X Spidey One Shot, which said something to that extent

Here am I:) i really miss Reilly and Kaine,specially their clashes:spidey:

I'm not sure what it was, but I always enjoyed the Scarlet Spider costume.
spider14.jpg

I always thought Scarlet looked more home made than th' webs ever did. I mean, that web pattern was pretty intricate fer a teenage boy emersed in science.

cover.pl

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad :(

Awesome Cover Though

WOLVERINE25TH said:
I enjoyed Lost Years but I hate Romita's work, so it was a love/hate thing.

Not a fan of JR JR myself. Thank god most of this clone saga took place with Bagley at the helm!

Ah hell yeah. Bags is one of th' BEST Spidey artists. Close second'd be Sal Buscema, but a lotta his pre-Ben Spidey stuff got kinda dark an' sloppy, a li'l hard to follow.

Fans of Reilly, if yer not readin' Spider-Girl you should! This latest issue has Kaine predict th' return of THE SCRIERS! An' they're out fer Spider-Girl! I love th' continuity!

Yeah, Spider-Girl is great, even moreso for those Clone fan out there.

As for the Earth X trilogy and Parker, here's how it breaks down:

Earth X has Peter as a defeated old man: disgraced as Spiderman and hallow as Spiderman(Mary Jane has passed away). He has disowned his daughter May for bonding with the Venom symbiote, and spends the majority of his shared page time acting pissed off at the world. It's a good, reasonable look at his charecter in the future. The end of the story has Peter donning his Spidey outfit one last time to help his daughter May in the battle against the Skull. The last time we see Peter, he's looking up, losing weight, and offered a job by the NYPD. At the moment, he's still not ready.

Universe X has a much more indepth look at Peter. In fact, the one shot Universe X: Spidey is widely thought of as the best segment of U:X. Peter has - at least on the surface - become a better man, and accepts May for the woman she has become. He winds up joining the tattered remains of the NYPD and goes on assignment to stop Spiders-Man, a mutant with red skin that casts illusions. Peter, now decked out in a spiffy Officer Parker uniform complete with webshooters, doesn't return for several days. May searches for him and finds him in an illusion with Spiders-Man. There is some soul searching involved, and deals with a possible life Peter could have had. At the end of the day, May brings the two mutants out of the illusion. May and Peter have finally made their peace; they will love one another with no exceptions. And Peter offers Spiders-man a place alongside the good guys.

In Paradise X, the most Spider-Man you get is in the form of an alternate universe Spider-Girl. She's in a task force similar to Exiles that is quite important to the story. She eventually crosses paths with Peter and May. It's probably the funniest moment of the book, when Spider-girl and Venom(May) first cross paths, each thinking the other one is some sort of evil trick(Much the same way Ben Rielly got his start). Mid fight, they figure out what's going on, and embrace screaming "That. means ....were... SISTERS!" Nothing else much happens with the Spider-man family. Oh, and Spiders-Man finally turns good.

smanideas.jpg

90722352131.61.P3.GIF

90722352131.62.P2.GIF

Ultimate Benjy, Set to return and F up Peters life during, Clone Saga Issues 96 - 103 :up:

Love Ben, got me into the comics again in the 90s and was a great character. What Marvel and people don't get ois that people dont hate Ben, they hate that he was revealed to be the real Peter Parker. Everyone I met has been very loving of Ben.

But ya, if I ever wrote Spider-man, i would have a arc that was dedicated to something Ben did in the past that maybe Peter has to deal with today, and bring back Kaine. One of my fav stories is when the Grim Hunter is hunting Ben thinking he is Spider-Man and then is killed by Kaine. His first arc as Scarlet Spider when he took out Venom was cool to.

I have the exculsive Kay Bee Scarlet Spider figure From Spider-Man Classics proudly on my wall.

Citizen_Kaine said:
Ultimate Benjy, Set to return and F up Peters life during, [I]Clone Saga [/I]Issues 96 - 103 :up:[/QUOTE]
Look like I'm going back buying USM again :up:

Citizen_Kaine said:
Why did you stop? Carnage?
Well, it's a long story that I stop reading USM (PPSM, AMAZSM. and SPG as well) because I didn't have the time to read them and I also started save money for College, but now things are cool right now and I'm starting re-read Spider-Man as I went to Comic Books store to collect some comics that I miss.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Fans of Reilly, if yer not readin' Spider-Girl you should! This latest issue has Kaine predict th' return of THE SCRIERS! An' they're out fer Spider-Girl! I love th' continuity!

The latest issue of Spider-Girl was really awesome. :up:

It was kind of a Clone Saga fans dream come true.

Glad to see somebody else remembered that Kaine has that hightened Spider-sense.

He has a precognitive vision?
Sweet! :eek:

Now we just need to see him use some more of that heightened "wall crawling" abitility

Citizen_Kaine said:
He has a precognitive vision?
Sweet! :eek:

Now we just need to see him use some more of that heightened "wall crawling" abitility

Heck yeah he does. In fact, it happens twice. I don't wanna spoil anymore than I already have but it's pretty cool. :up:

Those who are apparently fed up with what is going on with the regular universe Spidey need to start giving Spider-Girl a chance. You WON'T regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"