• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past Official First Class News & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but this thread is just for all casting in general. We are about to get a wave of casting announcements. Post them in here.

What has Jane Goldman's hiring as writer got to do with casting confirmations and rumors? Or is this just a general rumor thread?

yeah i see what you want to do but you going to post which special effects studio will work on this... its fox, the word recycle comes to mind with alot of casting other than some major acting roles.

What has Jane Goldman's hiring as writer got to do with casting confirmations and rumors? Or is this just a general rumor thread?

Because she doesn't deserve her own thread and this thread can be for all casting/hiring announcements and rumors. Not that hard to grasp.

Because she doesn't deserve her own thread and this thread can be for all casting/hiring announcements and rumors. Not that hard to grasp.

It is when the first post in the thread in unrelated to the thread title. Remind me to post the composer hiring in a new thread titled 'Filming Location updates'.

Jane Goldman's hiring is already being discussed in two other threads anyway.

So when someone posts that Goldman was hired in the Vaughn was offered X-Men thread...then is that not unrelated? What is your argument there?

So when someone posts that Goldman was hired in the Vaughn was offered X-Men thread...then is that not unrelated? What is your argument there?

Goldman's hiring came as a direct result of Vaughn being offered X-Men: First Class. It's probably the first big creative decision he made as director.

Well Scott should already be cast. I can't imagine them casting a 3rd Cyke. The guy from Wolverine has to be cast.

The hunt is apparently on for a young Scott and Jean, so it looks like there will be a 3rd Cyke.

Well Scott should already be cast. I can't imagine them casting a 3rd Cyke. The guy from Wolverine has to be cast.
Ironic. :p

Because of this very reason, I see no problem with recasting Cyke.

What I would like to see is an integration between what we saw at the end of Wolverine. Maybe in just a line of dialogue or so could do the trick..

It does seem a little bizarre to start a thread about casting with an announcement about one of the writers and nothing about the actual casting...

Let's stick to casting rumors/announcements on this thread going forward. :yay:

If she puts herself in the movie like Favreau does...you are all gonna pay:cmad:

It does seem a little bizarre to start a thread about casting with an announcement about one of the writers and nothing about the actual casting...

Let's stick to casting rumors/announcements on this thread going forward. :yay:

Or just retitle this to cast and crew...

Damn, I read the title & thought we were in motion. Anyway, just saw Kick Ass & Stardust again in the same day. Yeah, I've got faith in Vaughn whatever else might be going on to choose good guys & get this done right.

If she puts herself in the movie like Favreau does...you are all gonna pay:cmad:
:woot: :up:

I just watched X1 & 2 back to back, haha. I should do Kick-Ass/Stardust tomorrow.

dunno...i would thinks so, since production starts next month (I believe), but hopefully they go against what was cast in 2000-2006 X-movies and get actors they look and feel like the characters
tall, slim, brown haired, strong Cyclops
med. height, red haired, green eyed unsure of herself Jean Grey
tall, brown/dark skin, white layered/big hair, blue eyed, strong Storm
strapping, threatening Magneto

Casting a dark-skinned, non-Halle Berry-looking actress to play Storm will be the first step for me in getting behind this film. LOL :p

LOL...and why are you so "Anti"- First Class, anyway???? and who you would pick for Storm?

LOL...and why are you so "Anti"- First Class, anyway????

Oh, I'm not anti-First Class in the least. I want this movie to happen.

I just want it to happen with Marvel Studios--not FOX. Hell, I want it to happen with ANY other studio except FOX. :csad:

and who you would pick for Storm?

Eh, I'm gonna sit out of the casting sessions with you guys this time around. But I'm loving a lot of the recommendations that I'm reading on the boards. :up:

Except Janelle Monae. I love her, but...she's waaaaaaay too lil' bit for Storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"