• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Official JEAN GREY/PHOENIX Discussion Thread

ChaosJosh

Civilian
Reaction score
Has anyone been buying First Class? This last issue had Jean hanging out with the Invisible Woman and was pretty good. I always thought they should have established a friendship with those two.

I can't wait for Jean Grey to return to the main books though. She needs to react to the End of Grey's storyline where her family was killed. And I want to know more about her White Phoenix identity and the White Hot Room.

Heck, it may even be nice to have a Jean/Rachel reunion.

Anyways in the footsteps of a successful Rachel fan campaign, Jean Grey fans are hoping that fans will support an effort to bring her back too.

The Jean Grey Message Board is asking Jean fans and others to send brief positive emails and letters/postcards through the mail to Marvel and to request the return of Jean Grey aka Phoenix.

[email protected]

Marvel Comics 417 5th Ave., New York, NY 10016

There is also an online Bring Back Jean Petition

And a Bring Back Jean Myspace page

Phoenix, Jean Grey the First X-Woman

Unless she gets rid of PF, bring her back won't help her get a decent character and storyline, it would always be 'Phoenix', not 'Jean Grey' in the books, and you won't find too many people who are happy to see Jean back with that annoying outerspace creature with her.

I always found Pheonix too omnipotent. It is hard to have her around and have a good story. Jean Grey was always cool though. And that X-Men First Class was a good issue, I didn't read the mini series that came out earlier in the year but I decided to pick up this one and was pleasantly surprised.

Have her come back without the PF and stay the f**k away from Cyke, then, yeah, sure.

Jean Grey-Summers = best X-men character ever

Have her come back and ditch the X-Men and Cyclops. Give the Phoenix Force to Rachel. She actually manages to not go bat **** crazy and be totally overpowered with it.

Have her come back and ditch the X-Men and Cyclops.

Then I think she will have to stay dead for a long long time.

Give the Phoenix Force to Rachel. She actually manages to not go bat **** crazy and be totally overpowered with it.

Mother and daughter are too similar, I won't want to see them together, at least, on the same team.

I didn't say have her and Rachel on the same team. I think it's time some of the X-Men become things other than X-Men. Storm already no longer feels like an X-Man. Jean and others should be given the same chance to move up in MU.

Look at Jubilee...she's Wondra in New Warriors.

I didn't say have her and Rachel on the same team. I think it's time some of the X-Men become things other than X-Men. Storm already no longer feels like an X-Man. Jean and others should be given the same chance to move up in MU.

Look at Jubilee...she's Wondra in New Warriors.
I want Jean with the Avengers.

Jean Grey-Summers = best X-men character ever

After Logan....you might just be right. She is written REALLY good in X-Men: First Class.....makes ya miss her. :dry:

I've always been a great supporter of Phoenixless Jean, if she's without the Phoenix crap, then sure bring her back :D

I want no part of Jean if she returns with the Phoenix. It's gotten so tired. I liked reading Jean back in the 90's without that bird.

xdecknines-thumb.jpg

It would be interesting reading about a Phoenixless and Cyclopsless Jean...she's been so tied to them since her creation, she has no identity outside of them.

I've always been a great supporter of Phoenixless Jean, if she's without the Phoenix crap, then sure bring her back :D
you see thats why I hate what Morrison did with her. She worked great as a viable chracter for nearly 15 years before he brought it back. Sure other writers toyed with it, but he actually full out put the Phoenix Force back in her. I much rather liked it when she was only Phoenix in name and not THE Phoenix

I want no part of Jean if she returns with the Phoenix. It's gotten so tired. I liked reading Jean back in the 90's without that bird.

xdecknines-thumb.jpg

It would be interesting reading about a Phoenixless and Cyclopsless Jean...she's been so tied to them since her creation, she has no identity outside of them.
:heart: :heart: I LOVED this Jean. She fit really well around that time and no DP ****. But if she comes back, I think she'll be the lamest character ever. THATS AN OPINION.....although I loved pre-DP Jean.

you see thats why I hate what Morrison did with her. She worked great as a viable chracter for nearly 15 years before he brought it back. Sure other writers toyed with it, but he actually full out put the Phoenix Force back in her. I much rather liked it when she was only Phoenix in name and not THE Phoenix

Could not agree with you more. Jean DOES NOT need the Phoenix....period. She is a strong enough character on her OWN.

Well I think Jean should keep the Phoenix codename, costume, and raptor effect even if she doesn't have the Phoenix Force anymore.

However, recent continuity says that she has a genetic mutation to be a Phoenix, has a mental link to the Phoenix Consciousness, is a special type of Phoenix as a White Phoenix, and ultimatey her and the Force may be the same being (at least one some level).

So I don't think they should go back and forth with it and make it more convoluted.

Jean should return the way she was when she was Green Phoenix, in Revolution, or in the beginning of New X-Men.

She should not be over the top powerful, evil, insane, or fragmented.

The Phoenix gives Jean very cool iconic and symbolic imagery, and is a nod to her past and most defining story. Its an important part of the characters progression and destiny.

Theres a Classic X-Men backstory (#42) that shows Jean as a 12 year old manifesting the Phoenix. It wasn't just the movie that made it apart of her childhood powers.

Its all in how the writers handle it. It doesn't have to be a negative aspect of the character.

Well I think Jean should keep the Phoenix codename, costume, and raptor effect even if she doesn't have the Phoenix Force anymore.
Basically how she was written after the mid 90s

Hmm.

IF they bring Jean back (which htey inevitably will) I'd want two things.

1. No Phoenix force. That story is so played out it's not funny.

2. No Jean/Logan interactions. At all. I'm sick and tired of that convoluted relationship.

Now we know she'd have to eventually interact with Cyclops, just to clear all that up... But then have her move on. And not go running to Wolverine.

Well I don't think that the Phoenix is totally played out yet.

They need to tell us more about Jean's White Phoenix status like what it means and why she is one.

Jean has only appeared briefly as a White Phoenix in the Classic X-Men #43 backstory (1990), X-Men Forever #3 (2001), New X-Men #154 (2004) and Phoenix Endsong (2005).

Also they need to tell us more about Jean's childhood Phoenix powers shown in the Classic X-Men #42 backstory.

They also need Jean to reflect on how she actually was Phoenix/Dark Phoenix since they use to have her in such denial about it all the time.

I mean don't get me wrong, I think they should focus more on her human side for a long while to come, but I think she should do Phoenix Work from time to time.

It would make the continuity even more confusing, contradictory, and convoluted if they separated Jean from the Phoenix again after revealing its apart of her mutation, consciousness, and destiny.

We even saw that Jean was still Phoenix even when the Phoenix Force was outside of her body in Endsong.

We've seen Jean without the Phoenix in the 60s (of course) and most of the 80s and 90s. Now its time for them to simply let Jean be Phoenix and explore her in that way.

They finally restored Jean to being the Phoenix and instead of exploring it, they killed her.

I don't know why fans want her to go back to being the toned down denmother with a lame costume like she was in the early to mid 90s.

I think Jean's best eras were first Phoenix years, X-Factor, Revolution, and New X-Men.

She did have some great moments in the 90s though like X-Men 28, 30, 53, Uncanny 355 etc.

A while ago on Comic Book Resources they had an interview with editors teasing fans about characters that may or may not come back soon and they acknowledged that the Phoenix fragment in Warsong was an aspect of Jean Grey but said that the full human Jean Grey had not returned yet.

^You honeslty, STILL want more Phoenix? *shrugs* I didin't know she had Phoenixs' powers when she was little :huh: Why'd she have them back then?

Jean is one of my favorite characters of all time. I personally like the Phoenix but I hope she comes back soon, with or without it.

^Agree. I just miss her. Hope they do it soon......

I would love to see Jean come back.
Although I will agree with the rest when saying
that I do not feel the Phoenix should be within her.

I feel the same way that jean return.. and that i would like she just stays Jean grey and not be Phoenix or not be called Phoenix. I rather her just be Jean Grey because she's just a cool character and doesn't have to be phoenix to be a cool character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"