Comics Official S.W.O.R.D Discussion Thread

I've been saying it for along time, the X-Men needs a new pet.

You have a boring cast. :cmad:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....hopefully the book has some great writing to overcome the lackluster roster bc so far theres no one announced that jumps out at me as wanting to go and follow every month

Beast is enough for me. Brand ain't bad herself. Then the are going to use Jaz? JAZ?!

This book is fantastic and it's not even out already. :o

Beast, Abigail Brand, and Lockheed were enough for me.

Beast is enough for me. Brand ain't bad herself. Then the are going to use Jaz? JAZ?!

This book is fantastic and it's not even out already. :o
I thought Brand was the most annoying thing about AXM, next to Armor. Beast is alright but not that interesting for me. Lockheed is good with Kitty but he's not really much of a character. Jaz, well I dont even know who the heck she is

Jazinda is She-Hulk's (the real She-Hulk) most recent sidekick. She's a fugitive Skrull who's on the run from her own people. She was tasked with stealing back some sort of energy source/artifact for the Skrull Empire. When she got caught, she decided to swallow the artifact to make her escape easier. Now the artifact is stuck inside of her, but it has the bonus of granting her a kind of immortality. The Skrull Empire considers her a traitor for swallowing the artifact (even though they're the ones who asked her to steal it), and she hid on Earth to avoid execution. Oh, her her daddy is the original Super-Skrull himself.

I think we're going to see a lot more out of Lockheed than we did in the past. Kitty always treated him like a pet, but Brand revealed that he's actually a fully intelligent creature with speech and everything. So we might see an improvement now that Kitty isn't around to treat him like a dog in a purse.

I'm most excited for Beta Ray Bill. I'd love to know how anybody captured him though

Jazinda is She-Hulk's (the real She-Hulk) most recent sidekick. She's a fugitive Skrull who's on the run from her own people. She was tasked with stealing back some sort of energy source/artifact for the Skrull Empire. When she got caught, she decided to swallow the artifact to make her escape easier. Now the artifact is stuck inside of her, but it has the bonus of granting her a kind of immortality. The Skrull Empire considers her a traitor for swallowing the artifact (even though they're the ones who asked her to steal it), and she hid on Earth to avoid execution. Oh, her her daddy is the original Super-Skrull himself.

I think we're going to see a lot more out of Lockheed than we did in the past. Kitty always treated him like a pet, but Brand revealed that he's actually a fully intelligent creature with speech and everything. So we might see an improvement now that Kitty isn't around to treat him like a dog in a purse.
They better not have him start speaking. I can take him being more intelligent than Kitty treats him but I dont want them to humanize him too much and speaking will do that

sword1c.jpg

sword11.jpg

sword12.jpg

S.W.O.R.D. #1 will arrive in stores on Nov. 18 from Marvel Comics. The issue is written by Kieron Gillen, with art by Steven Sanders and Jamie McKelvie and a cover by John Cassaday.

Here's how Marvel describes the issue:
"Blasting out of Astonishing X-Men and Secret Invasion, the intergalactic S.W.O.R.D. organization now boldy takes you where no series has gone before -- with the X-Men¹s Beast and Lockheed along for the ride! Former Avengers-liason Henry Gyrich joins the enigmatic Agent Brand as top dog in space -- but why does he think that ridding Earth of all aliens will save it? What will his plan do to the very fabric of the Marvel Universe? And just what does the arrival of Beast mean for S.W.O.R.D.? The answers arrive in the extra-sized S.W.O.R.D. #1. Plus, a bonus story featuring the incomparable Lockheed!"

S.W.O.R.D. #1 will be 40 pages and will cost $3.99.

They better not have him start speaking. I can take him being more intelligent than Kitty treats him but I dont want them to humanize him too much and speaking will do that
Didn't he already speak in Astonishing?
if he did I dont recall it

He only speaks his native language. He seems to understand English, but can't articulate it. Agent Brand can apparently speak Lockheedese, though.

Why is Beast so small on that cover? He shrunk in size and mass. Way too skinny

Everyone looks out of proper proportion in that picture. I'm fairly certain not a one of them is over 5'5".

SWORD001_DC11_Page_1.jpg

SWORD001_int_Page_1.jpg

SWORD001_int_Page_2.jpg

SWORD001_int_Page_3.jpg

SWORD001_int_Page_4.jpg

SWORD001_int_Page_5.jpg

SWORD001_int_Page_6.jpg

S.W.O.R.D. #1

COVER BY: John Cassaday
with Laura Martin
WRITER: Kieron Gillen
PENCILS: Steven Sanders
INKS: Craig Yeung
PRICE: 3.99
IN STORES: November 11, 2009

THE STORY:
Spinning out of ASTONISHING X-MEN comes a series that will take you places you’ve never been! After Secret Invasion, Agent Brand is no longer the top dog at S.W.O.R.D. Forced to share her leadership post with former Avengers-liaison Henry Gyrich, Brand is less than pleased. Will the arrival of her boyfriend, X-Man Beast, help her out? Not when she discovers Gyrich’s plan for fixing S.W.O.R.D. is to rid Earth of ALL ALIENS! Brought to you by Kieron Gillen (DARK AVENGERS: ARES), Steven Sanders (Five Fists of Science) and topped off with covers by ASTONISHING X-MEN artist JOHN CASSADAY! Rated A …$3.99

Ok, whoa whoa, wait. Is that thing supposed to be Beast? It looks like a wolf-donkey.

Last edited:
Geez, they've turned Beast from a cat into a WOLF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"