Ohio's Supreme Court backs the firing of a creationist science teacher

Considering some of Paul's other quotes, I don't really see a reason to take him very seriously as any kind of moral authority.

Obviously,if you don't agree with his message,you won't consider him to be a moral authority.

I don't consider a misogynist who condones slavery to be a moral authority, no.

Being religious does not make someone an idiot.

Believing the Earth is 6,000 years old, believing humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time, or trying to lecture everyone about evolution while making it painfully obvious that said lecturer doesn't even know what the word means, on the other hand...

The Bible is very consistent and historically accurate.If it could be successfully refuted,we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now.

Does the fact that there actually are several different interpretations of the bible( different religions based on the bible) and even Christians argue about which version is accurate not convince you of this?

Last edited:
I just want to point out that it is only some Protestants that don't believe in evolution. I'm Episcopalian and our views are similar to the Catholics on this issue.

The main groups are of course Baptists, non-Baptist evangelist groups, Jehovah's Witnesses, some Lutheran churches, and there are a few oddball Presbyterian groups.

The Mormons, if you count them as Christians, have their own creationist... ideas.

It's worth noting though, that there are many Catholics who are creationist. They just reject the official position of their church.

There's also a ton of Orthodox Christians who accept some form of creationism.

I'm Christian and have no problem with evolution, the big bang theory, or anything else backed up by science. I believe god created the universe and started everything and things happened from that start. I know god gave us these incredible brains so that we can use things like science and math to discover how the universe works.
The 2 aren't at odds with each other as far as I'm concerned.

And that being said if you believe in creationism and everything in the bible at face value than you are an idiot

Im glad my state did this. Though, they did it on a technicality rather than it being on forced religious purposes...

that being said. High School really should be more like college anyway... we should certainly learn about evolution in science... but it douldn't be a horribly bad idea to have a class on belief systems... in all honesty. I took one in college and i think it makes a person far more well rounded. We spent a couple weeks on creation myths from Chrtistianity to Native American beliefs, and Hindu as well as Buddhist beliefs. It was all very fascinating.

Classes like that imo could not only teach generations to be more well rounded, but more tolerant as well. The reason why we don't... is because Parents are essentially control freaks imo.. there's nothing wrong with letting your child be educated on multiple beliefs.. and if they stray from yours into something they believe to be true... then let them if it's harmless and makes them happy.

To get back on topic, it's a good thing this teacher was fired, no matter what the reasoning was.

To get back off topic I blame you as well DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"