• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics ONE-SHOT - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: GOING BIG - Conway, Larsen, and Bagley - September 2019

Nicko-Ray

Madness
Reaction score
This September, Erik Larsen Returns to 'Amazing Spider-Man' | News | Marvel

2rrkj0w.jpg

Last edited:
Conway, Bagley, Larsen you say? Hang on, lemme find my wallet. I'm very interested in this.
Yikes. I knew there was a third one. Feel bad I left out Bagley in the thread title lol. You can't edit that, can you? He's far superior to Larsen imo. No knock to Larsen though -- super cool guy and I love him and Michelinie's run.

Yikes. I knew there was a third one. Feel bad I left out Bagley in the thread title lol. You can't edit that, can you? He's far superior to Larsen imo. No knock to Larsen though -- super cool guy and I love him and Michelinie's run.

Actually you left out Larsen in the title. A mod needs to fix that if you wish.

Yeah I prefer Bagley also especially with what he's doing in Life Story. And the snippet states there's more artists on this book in addition to those two guys.

Actually you left out Larsen in the title. A mod needs to fix that if you wish.

Yeah I prefer Bagley also especially with what he's doing in Life Story. And the snippet states there's more artists on this book in addition to those two guys.
Lolll my bad. Yes. Who's a mod, here? Do you just announce it?

MOD -- Please change "Conway & Bagley" to "Conway, Larsen, & Bagley" in the thread subject!

If not, I can message, too lol.

If it's a one-shot, it's just a bigger issue, right? You know who would be cool to see? Marcos Martin. Where's he been on the Spidey front?

I'll buy it for Conway and Bagley. I LOVE Larsen's old stuff. He's also a pretty nice guy. His artwork over the past few hasn't really done it for me. I tried to get back into Savage Dragon a few years ago, and it just wasn't for me. I miss the old Larsen stuff. Back in the Amazing Spider-man and Spider-Man (Revenge of the Sinister Six!!!) days, he couldn't be topped...well, besides McFarlane.

If McFarlane were drawing a Spider-Man/Venom issue, you would see my head explode.

Lolll my bad. Yes. Who's a mod, here? Do you just announce it?

MOD -- Please change "Conway & Bagley" to "Conway, Larsen, & Bagley" in the thread subject!

If not, I can message, too lol.

If it's a one-shot, it's just a bigger issue, right? You know who would be cool to see? Marcos Martin. Where's he been on the Spidey front?

You can PM one of the mods. Spider-Fan is one. And I think he mostly patrols the Spidey boards.

Anybody pick this up yesterday? Any good?

Yes and yes :D

It's 30 pages and features 3-short stories. One by Larsen, one by Conway with Bagley on art and the 3rd, I don't remember, lol.

But...all 3 are good, especially the Conway/Bagley short. That's my favorite of the 3. Imo, it's a worthy pickup.

Yes and yes :D

It's 30 pages and features 3-short stories. One by Larsen, one by Conway with Bagley on art and the 3rd, I don't remember, lol.

But...all 3 are good, especially the Conway/Bagley short. That's my favorite of the 3. Imo, it's a worthy pickup.
Sweet! Figured Conway/Bagley's would be the best. I like some of Larsen's stuff from the 90's but he isn't my FAVORITE artist. Cool guy, though. Definitely picking this up. Getting harder to juggle movies, video games, and comics these days.....

I've never been a huge fan of Larsen's art but his short story here is pretty good. There's one line in it that kinda bothered me but outside of that it's a fun little romp.

Larsen's style reminds me of Mcfarlane and I'm not really a big fan of his either. I know he's one of the best artists on Spider-Man in terms of his technical skill level. I just don't find the visuals satisfying.

I thought the first Conway/Bagley story was fun. Nothing deep or complicated ...just a good action packed fun story. The rest of the issue was a bit meh to me. I’m not a huge Larsen fan. I don’t hate his work but I’ve never understood the massive hype behind him or even someone like
McFarlane. Just not my cup of tea ....

I thought the first Conway/Bagley story was fun. Nothing deep or complicated ...just a good action packed fun story. The rest of the issue was a bit meh to me. I’m not a huge Larsen fan. I don’t hate his work but I’ve never understood the massive hype behind him or even someone like
McFarlane. Just not my cup of tea ....

I...I thought I knew you, man!

That being said, I loved his stuff back in the day. I even bought the Revenge of The Sinister Six Hardcover, which was his BEST Spidey art.

Also, I can never say enough good things about McFarlane's stand alone series. The stories are super-dark for Spidey, but the art is like an eye-gasm.

Also, these are the books that first sunk their teeth into me and started me on collecting comics and trying to draw them, so I'm always going to love them.

I...I thought I knew you, man!

That being said, I loved his stuff back in the day. I even bought the Revenge of The Sinister Six Hardcover, which was his BEST Spidey art.

Also, I can never say enough good things about McFarlane's stand alone series. The stories are super-dark for Spidey, but the art is like an eye-gasm.

Also, these are the books that first sunk their teeth into me and started me on collecting comics and trying to draw them, so I'm always going to love them.

Lol I don’t hate them. Just don’t get the hype with them lol. I’m somewhere in the middle.

See I know the feeling of having some sort of emotional attachment to an artist. For me it’s Bagley. He was the first artist I ever saw drawing Spider-Man and that was the first time I started collecting. I remember back in the day when the Raimi Spider-Man hit dvd. There was a special segment in the extras with various writers and artist talking about the character. Todd McFarlane mentions that one method to tell which is your favorite artist is to close your eyes and see which version of the character do you envision naturally... For me it’s always Bagley. No artist has ever captured the essence of the character quite like Bagley.

Honestly Bagley’s work isn’t what it use to be. Probably due to exhaustion from drawing the same character for what seems like forever....However he’s still best when it comes to that character.

Lol I don’t hate them. Just don’t get the hype with them lol. I’m somewhere in the middle.

See I know the feeling of having some sort of emotional attachment to an artist. For me it’s Bagley. He was the first artist I ever saw drawing Spider-Man and that was the first time I started collecting. I remember back in the day when the Raimi Spider-Man hit dvd. There was a special segment in the extras with various writers and artist talking about the character. Todd McFarlane mentions that one method to tell which is your favorite artist is to close your eyes and see which version of the character do you envision naturally... For me it’s always Bagley. No artist has ever captured the essence of the character quite like Bagley.

Honestly Bagley’s work isn’t what it use to be. Probably due to exhaustion from drawing the same character for what seems like forever....However he’s still best when it comes to that character.

Bagley is a machine. I didn't appreciate him when he first took over because he took over for Larsen, and he drew these RIDICULOUS nose holes in the mask that drove me INSANE. By issue 374 and 375, he had his a magnificent stride...and then the Clone Saga sucked out any joy of anything.

Honestly, when I close my eyes, I see this awesome image of Spidey from Spider-Man 14 of him getting ready to bash Morbius in the face. That, and the show of Spidey getting thrown through the buildings in ASM 350 by Larsen. But my FAVE...and the one I always will love is this one, a jam piece drawn by both of them. This piece wrecked my brain, and I've been drawing Spidey ever since. (also, notice who they announce in the image...)
McLarsen.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: GOING BIG #1
Favorite story was probably Conway’s. Second, Macchio’s. Third, Larsen’s. They’re all pretty fun, but I’d say Conway’s packed the most overall. Larsen’s style was very nostalgic, but albeit a fun and quick story, doesn’t really go anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"