One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

OneUniverseRPG

Civilian
Reaction score
Welcome to "One Universe"
The Marvel and DC Crossover RPG: Season V.​

This RPG is similar to almost all others on Superhero Hype boards, except in this continuity, both the Marvel and DC universes are merged as "One Universe".

Gamemasters: Wiegeabo, Byrd Man, Carnage27
Founded by Logan Howlett
Exiled dictator: Johnny Blaze

RULES
  • You may have up to three characters, if you are proven player. But one character must be from a different universe than the other two.
  • You may choose any character from both universes, but no custom or Amalgam characters such as Darkclaw or Super Soldier will be allowed.
  • All characters can interact with each other, it is the same universe.
  • Characters from alternate time lines are allowed but must be approved.
  • No Killing. Unnamed, faceless NPC's may be killed, but not major characters, or taken characters. Someone else may want to take up the character, or they may be important to another story.
  • You can go anywhere within the galaxy except planets already known to be destroyed, such as Krypton, although if you have the ability you may visit the ruins or asteroids.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use their dialogue. Do not exaggerate your powers, or pop-up here and there without explanation. BE Your character.
  • Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
  • You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post, your character is up for grabs.
  • Be serious, no slander, or impractical actions from your character. Example; "I found a crystal and now I own the world! You're all my slaves!"
  • If a major character is applied for, there will be a 24 hour period for other applicants. If there are multiple applications, the GM's will decide who gets the character. Less popular characters can be given out on a first come, first server basis.
  • Due to inactivity and uncertainty, all players from the previous season will have to re-apply for their character(s). You may copy/paste posts from a prior Season to use as sample posts. However, you will still have to re-apply with the new applications.
  • And of course, all regular rules of the Hype apply.
  • Have fun.

_______________​

To apply for a character, please fill out the application below:

"One Universe" RPG SEASON V SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Brief biography of the character's history:

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:

What can you bring to this game?:

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 5 paragraphs long and contain at least 3 line of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

___

ROSTER - Current as of --/--/--. List is updated every weekend.

HEROES

Batman
(wiegeabo)

Beast
(Byrd Man)

Cyclops
(Eddie Brock)

James Gordon
(Byrd Man)

Nightcrawler
(Carnage27)

Spider-Man
(Carnage27)

Superman
(Eddie Brock)

WALKING THE LINE

Hulk
(Carnage27)

VILLAINS

General Ross
(Eddie Brock)

Venom
(NiteMare Shape)

* = Multi-character player

# = Player on notice.
These are characters have not had a post in 10 days. After 14 days they will be taken off the roster.

New to RPGing?

Last edited:
As per the new RPG rules being developed, no applications will be accepted for 24 hours so multiple players can apply for a character.

Also, I did not ask Carnage if he wanted to be AGM, I have just made it be. So say we all!

Good. He's become one of us. ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Screen Name: Byrd Man

James Gordon

Powers: No powers, but Jim is a skilled detective, a dedicated work ethic, and one hell of a mustache.

Born in Chicago in the early 60's, James Gordon grew up in a police family where his father and grandfather had been Chicago cops. Jim knew that he wanted to be a cop from the time he was a child. The only thing that kept him from walking the beat in Chicago was the hiring freeze of the 80's when the city couldn't afford to hire new police officers. Seeing a classified ad, Jim moved to Gotham and graduated from the police academy in 1985.

Jim walked a beat for a few years before becoming a detective. He was assigned robbery, and then homicide where he was partnered with New York transplant George Stacy. The two men were partners for years before Stacy transferred back to New York to take a promotion.

Jim slowly rose through the ranks of the GCPD, from sergeant, lieutenant, and then captain. Gordon was a captain when the vigilante known as Batman burst on to the scene in Gotham City. The two men soon formed a partnership, Gordon realizing that Batman could do the things he couldn't. With the vigilantes help, both men rooted corruption out of the GCPD's top spot and Gordon was promoted to Commissioner.

Jim's greatest regret would come in the form of a failed friendship with District Attorney Harvey Dent. Gordon, Dent, and Batman brought down crime boss Salvatore Maroni, but it was Maroni who would have the final victory. After throwing acid on Dent at his trial, Maroni was deemed mentally incompetent to stand trial and Dent, giving into his disfigurements and hidden anger, became Two-Face and killed Maroni. Two-Face took control of the Gotham underworld and Jim formed a Major Crimes Unit for the purpose of bringing Two-Face and his organization down.

The unit came through, but at a cost. They had stumbled upon information that the mayor was receiving drug money from Dent. Gordon pushed too hard into the investigation and was fired, the rest of the MCU was broken apart and scattered across the GCPD.

Jim went on a trip across Europe, searching for the last whereabouts of Dent's wife, Gilda. His journey came to a stop in Greece where he found out that Gilda had killed herself by drowning in the ocean. Now Jim returns to Gotham, unsure of what the future holds.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: I know this is a forum for superheroes and most of us play superheroes, I find something appealing about playing the non-powered characters. Most of us take a superhero and showing their humanity, I always enjoy taking a human character and showing them doing incredible things. This will be the third season I've played Jimbo and I feel like this could be a good way to give him a proper sendoff, one final MCU storyline that caps it off for me.

What can you bring to this game?: A dedication to Gotham City and portraying all the things in the city that make it the greatest and the worse. And of course my dedication to the crime fiction genre.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Trebuchet MS

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Many as needed.

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 5 paragraphs long and contain at least 3 line of dialogue):
Athens, Greece

This is where it all ends.

A beach on the Aegean Sea is where Gilda Dent decided to end her life. It's a sad story, really. Her life, as well as her husband's, ruined by one bottle of acid. Is it Maroni's fault? I should have saw the signs, the cracks Harvey's psyche and his obsession with bringing the mob down. I was too caught up in it, too. I didn't care about who or what helped, as long as we got the job done. Harvey paid the price for it in the end.

It was a year ago, about the time Two-Face took control of the Gotham underworld, that the Greek police fished a dead body out of the sea. She was a Jane Doe until an hour ago, when I looked at the case file and gave my positive ID. Jane Doe 214 was Gilda Gold Dent.

I walk farther down to the beach, the sea lapping against my loafers. This wasn't the result I was hoping for. I tracked her credit cards and trail all across Europe, hoping and praying I could bring her back to Gotham with me. Maybe, just maybe, she could talk sense into Harvey and put him back on the right path.

It was a fool's errand. I know that now. Gilda's dead, Harvey is lost forever and Batman probably couldn't care less. I'm the only one left, standing on a beach in Greece wearing a suit and tie.

"Excuse me, sir?" A young woman asks in a thick Greek accent. She crosses the sand and approaches me. "Are you lost?"

I take a long moment to respond, contemplating her words.

"Yeah," I finally say as I turn around and walk off the beach.

"I'm lost."

Yeah

I'm thinking I might get involved in this one...I have acouple ideas but I need to do some research first...

As per the new RPG rules being developed, no applications will be accepted for 24 hours so multiple players can apply for a character.

Also, I did not ask Carnage if he wanted to be AGM, I have just made it be. So say we all!
Does that apply to returning characters?

Screen Name: wiegeabo

Character you would like to play: Bruce Wayne/Batman

Powers: No powers. But years of training his mind and body to human perfection, and the resources of a billionaire, have made him into a crime fighter and the world's greatest detective.

Brief biography of the character's history: After witnessing his parent's murders, Bruce swore that no one would have to go through what he did. He traveled the world, training his mind and body for years so that he may return home and take Gotham back from the crime that had infested it.

Batman has done many things during his tenure as Gotham's protector. He's taken on the world-killer Galactus, stopped a mutant slave trading ring with the help of Wolverine, and, most recently, Bruce Wayne has declared his candidacy to run for mayor of Gotham in light of the evidence of corruption his paper has printed against the current mayor. The future of the Dark Knight will be interesting, to say the least.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: Firstly, it's Batman. C'mon, isn't that enough. Secondly, I have a number of plans for Bruce, including some great surprises. And Bruce is running for mayor! Batman as mayor? Yeah, let's see how corrupt the local government will be now!

What can you bring to this game?: More than a season's worth of playing the character and integrating him into aspects of both DC and Marvel histories. Some big adventures are heading Bruce's way, and maybe some things he can't handle on his own. It should be an interesting season, to say the least.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bruce Wayne (thinking) / Batman (thinking)

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed, but at least once every day or two as time permits. I usually do more when the game gets fast paced.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

The camera flashes almost blind me. So much so that I nearly stumble on one of the steps on my way down the stairs. I get a sudden image of Dick teasing me about Batman falling down the stairs.

The flashing lights let up slightly as I reach the bottom, but their replaced by the shouting of questions from the mass of reporters.

"Mr. Wayne, what's the big announcement?!

"Is it true you're taking Wayne Enterprises public?"

"Bruce! Did you and Angelina have twins?"

I roll my eyes slightly and put my hands up as I reach the podium. "Please, please," I say into the microphone. "I'll be glad to answer questions in a minute."

Finally the crowd quiets down, and hands drop as reporters focus on taking notes rather than getting my attention. The network cameras focus on me. I take out my cue cards and place them on the podium, but I have what I want to say memorized already.

"Everyone here, and out there, knows who I am. They know my story, both grand and tragic. They also know my reputation. I will not deny that I enjoy life. That I prefer to squeeze every ounce of living out of the time I have. Some people hate me for it. Some people shake their heads in disappointment. And some even wonder if I'm going to run my company into the ground."

Lucius stiffens slightly at that. "About the latter, have no fear. Wayne Enterprises is doing just fine, despite the economic conditions we are in. My business manager, Lucius Fox, is, in my opinion, a genius. He does a magnificent job of running Wayne Enterprises when I'm not around. And even when I am." There's a bit of laughter from the reporters.

"But I'm not here to talk about Wayne Enterprises. It's strong, and that's not going to change anytime soon. No, I'm here to talk about the former matter, about the way I live." There's confused murmurs from the crowd.

"The Wayne family has always loved Gotham. And I'm no different. It's my home, always has been, always will be. Even during the years I was traveling the world, my thoughts were always on this city. And when I came back and saw the condition she was in, how far she had fallen, I still had hope. Hope that Gotham would overcome and be the beacon it can be."

"But that can't happen as long as the people of Gotham have no hope themselves. And how can they have hope when the people they elected to office are just as corrupt as the criminals that make our streets unsafe? Everyone knows by now that the Gotham Gazette broke the story on Mayor Hill's 'alleged' corruption. I own that paper, and while Alexander Knox wrote the groundbreaking article, it was published on my authority."

"Why am I telling you this? Because I refuse to live in fear. I refuse to let this city die because of the people charged with protecting it. I refuse to just stand by or play games when the people of Gotham deserve so much more. For better or worse, I've been given the nickname of 'Gotham's favorite son.' And it's about time I earned it."

"That is why, today...I am officially announcing my candidacy for mayor of Gotham City."

BatmanI_Wayne.jpg

Excellent. I have time to put up my Batman app :ninja:

"One Universe" RPG SEASON IV SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name:
Catman_prb

Character you would like to play: Lex Luthor

Powers:
Genius level intellect. And super-baldness.

Brief biography of the character's history: Once the famed Golden Boy of Metropolis, Luthor became envious of the adoration for the new breed of superheroes - those who could fly, not play the stock market. His jealousy of these heroes, especially Superman, led him to increasing levels of paranoia and vindictiveness. By far his most successful plan to date, Luthor ran in the presidential election, winning by a small minority. Now in his first term of power, Luthor has collected a number of paramilitary groups, mercenaries, and even the Avengers themselves, and he plans to save the world. The human way.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: The Registration Act arc still needs to be played out, and I can't put down such a fantastic villain.

What can you bring to this game?: Consistant posting and a good story arc, I hope.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Arial bold purple

As many as I have to.

"Ms Frost," Luthor said, gesturing at the seat opposite him. The nervous blonde SHIELD psychic sat down in front of him, and he grinned, looking eerily like a shark. Frost had been one of Waller's pets, from the old days of SHIELD, before Danvers had taken over. Her hair was tied back in a severe bun, and she still wore her lab coat, like it was some kind of protective item to ward off danger. She would break easily.

"Mr President," Frost said, smoothing the pants suit underneath her lab coat, and sitting down on the other side of the President's desk.

"Ms Frost, you are one of our premiere psychics, and indeed one of our most successful evaluators. You are also a mutant," Luthor said coolly, idly flicking through the womans papers. She blanched.

"Am I to take it that I'm going to be...detained?" she asked, fear floating to the surface of her usually ice-cool persona. Luthor raised an eyebrow.

"My dear Ms Frost, you have already Registered. You are not a criminal or a fugitive, you are an American, and a loyal one at that. That is why I wish to offer you an opportunity..."

The colour returned to Frost's face.

"I want you to take charge of the Mutant Registration force. Use mutant power against mutant power. I believe it is currently being referred to as the 'X-Force'. Are you interested?"

"Certainly sir," Frost said, breathing slightly abnormally.

"Excellent," Luthor said, smiling his shark smile "The position is effective immediately. My secretary will give you the information of your new base, and your new department. I expect good things of you Ms Frost,"

1591684-6477.jpg

I'm honored to be the new AGM of this great game!

Oh and Nitemare...join!:cmad:

Screen Name:
Carnage27

Peter Parker/The Amazing Spider-man

Powers:
Peter was bit by a radioactive spider, and was granted extra-ordinary powers. His strength, speed, and agility have all been heightened to super-human levels due to the mutations given to him from the spider bite. Apart from his heightened physical skills, Peter has also gained a special six-sense that warns him of oncoming danger, an ability he has lovingly dubbed his spider-sense.

Peter is also something of a science wiz, and has invented his patented webshooters. The contraptions which are worn on both wrists fire a special solution which acts as a synthetic spider web. Peter uses these to swing around the city as well as offensive weapons when battling the scum of New York City.

Peter Parker's life changed forever because of one little spider bite. Of course it was no normal spider. It endowed him with amazing abilities. Abilities that have allowed him to become the Amazing Spider-man, one of the world's most beloved heroes, after the death of his beloved Unlce Ben.

The past few years have been a rollercoaster of highs and lows for Peter. He's become part of the world's most admired heroes in the Justice League of America and has fought along side them against the likes of Galactus, the Hulk, and Magneto's mutant army. But he has also lost people that are close to him, including his best friend Harry, who has become ever more reclusive and venomous towards Peter, especially after the death of his father in a fight with Spider-man.

The past year has possibly been the most tumultuous for Peter. First, the symbiote which had given him even better powers, and a temper to match, attached itself to a new host and abducted Peter's girlfriend Barbara Gordon in an attempt to kill Peter for revenge. Then newly elected President Lex Luthor began a virtual war against the super-powered citizenry of the world, pushing a registration act through Congress. This situation was worsened when, during a fight with the android Amazo, the city of Stamford was decimated in a gigantic explosion, which much of the public blamed on the Justice League. During these events, Peter was also tasked with putting together a team of superhero teens as a way to prepare young heroes for their future in the League, which Peter dubbed the Teen Titans.

On the home front, Peter and his long time girlfriend as his double life, long distance, and his feelings for Gwen Stacy began to wear on their relationship. But Gwen and Peter finally sparked a relationship which both had wanted for longer then they could remember.

But all was not good in NYC. The Green Goblin had declared war on the city's mob kingpin Wilson Fisk, and was bent on taking the city for himself. Of course Spider-man was wrapped up in the situation, including having Fisk send two super-powered hit men after the hero. In the end, Goblin succeeded in his plan, and the situation climaxed in a night of anarchy in New York. While the rest of the Teen Titans retained order in New York, Peter battled the Goblin and saved Gwen, although the Goblin, who turned out to be Norman Osborn, was slain by his own glider during the fight.

Spider-man now stands on the brink of something not he is even prepared for. Gwen's father has been murdered in cold blood by a figure from Peter's past he has no idea exists, and the being stands prepared to tear Peter's life completely apart.

Well, he's been my favorite comic book character for basically all my life, first off. Secondly, he's easily my favorite character to write. I relate to him more than any other character, and I believe that the story I have ready for this next season can be something really special, including plans I've made with EBJ.

Like I said above, I can bring one heck of a story that can incorporate some other players. On top of that, I'm dedicated to this game, and will be a constant posting presence.

Comic Sans MS Blue for Peter/Bold when in costume

Once a day or whenever the current story arc dictates.

I head out their back door, and swing towards Scorpion's next probable target. And like clockwork, there he is dissolving the side of the building with what looks like very, very dangerous acid. "Terrific...Hey! Bug brain! You lookin' for me!?"

At the sound of my voice, his tail comes streaking towards me, and my spider-sense goes off like a giant gong inside my head. I move as quickly as I can to get out of the way, and the sharp end barely misses my groin, "Whoa! That's my no-no area, Mac! Bad touch! Bad touch!"

I land next to Scorpion and drive my fist into his jaw, which barely staggers him and sends a sharp pain through my hand, "WOW! I probably should have realized you were armored!"

He responds by spinning around and slamming into me with the base of the tail, sending me bouncing down the city street. He moves like lightening and grabs my side and my right leg, digging into me with his claws, sending sharp pain through my side. He tosses me into a car parked across the street, cracking the windows in the process. He fires more acid my way, requiring me to scramble out of the way quickly. The compound dissolves the car's middle section almost instantly, and Gargan laughs at me, "Come on now spider! You're not the only one who can shoot some funny little liquid!"

I don't bother responding. Instead. I attach two weblines to the pavement and catapult myself at Scorpion, driving him through a car, which promptly bursts into flames. But really, what's one of my fights without a ton of collateral damage, right?

But my opponent recovers quicker than I would have expected, and springs off of his heals, sending the two of us rocketing into the air, trading punches and blows like two prize fighters in the rings. After the initial shock at his armor, I manage to find where it's weaker and do some damage.

As we begin to fall back towards the ground, I angle us so that his armored body absorbs most of the impact. But it doesn't phase him much, and he simply kicks me off of him. As he rises, his tail strikes out at me again, this time catching me across my right side, dropping me to my knees. It's not a bad slice, but it's enough to hurt.

He comes at me with a renewed viggor, slashing at me with his tail. I'm forced to go into a retreat, flipping and dodging the tail as I go backwards. After one tail strike I drive my feet into it and drive it deep into the tar of the street. The powerful servos in the weapon bring Gargan off of his feet, giving me a chance to strike.

But as I rush underneath him, he delivers another spurt of acid, one I barely escape. As the liquid flies by me, one of those odd strokes of luck I tend to get happens upon me, and the acid strikes the top of Scorpion's tail and eats through it, depriving him of one of his primary weapons. "You better watch out, Gargan, you'll put your eye out with that stuff."

He roars at me and charges again, but I can tell he's beginning to get desperate. All I have to do now is outlast and annoy. My specialty. He compensates for losing his tail by relying more and more on his acid shooters, which he's now using like Tony Montana at the end of Scarface. Globules of the dangerous liquid are flying left and right, and I have to rely on my spider-sense more than I ever have to make sure none of them hits me.

But it is hitting other things, and I quickly realize I need to end this before someone inside one of these buildings becomes the new Wicked Witch of the West. In order to do that I jump over him and begin doubling back towards the bank where I found him.

Once there I head into the destroyed bank, and find what I was looking for. There, sitting on the ground is the vault door, it's hinges burned off by the acid. I smile and turn back towards Scorpion, "Gargan! It's not too late to turn yourself in and end this. Don't do something stupid!"

"How dare you!" he roars again and charges at me, swinging a fist towards my face, i web up his feet and toss him back outside. He climbs back through a shattered window and stares me down, "You could have saved her if you sent your friends to Fisk's place earlier!"

"Uh...crazy man says what?" I say as he charges yet again. I can tell the man is obviously delusional, and nothing I do or say is going to slow that craziness down. Not tonight and probably not ever. His hate is overwhelming, and I'm not exactly sure why. But he's become obsessed with stopping me, so I have to stop him.

So I do what I had planned when I came back here. I shoot a few weblines towards the vault door and summon all my strength to toss it at Gargan. It strikes him before he has a chance top react and sends him careening through one of the solid walls left in the bank. I react quickly and web up his legs and remove his gauntlets, ensuring he won't escape if he regains consciousness before the cops, and probably SHIELD, pick him up.

Spider-Man.jpg

I'll probably have my Nightcrawler app up sometime soon.

Last edited:

Screen Name:
Eddie Brock

Clark Joseph Kent / Kal-El / Superman

Powers:
Superhuman strength, superhuman speed, invulnerability, flight, superhuman hearing, heat vision, X-Ray vision, and arctic breath.

When Krypton was threatened by Galactus, the renowned scientist Jor-El hatched a plan to save his only son, Kal-El, from certain destruction. Building a spacecraft for the infant, Jor-El launched his son into space mere moments before Krypton was destroyed. Kal-El's ship found its way to Earth, where the child was discovered by Jonathan and Martha Kent, simple farmers in the middle of Kansas.

Under Earth's yellow sun, Kal-El - now known as Clark Kent - developed many extraordinary abilities. To protect himself from a world that wasn't ready for him, Clark buried his secret behind an unassuming farmboy persona and a pair of thick-rimmed glasses. Clark honed his abilities on the farm, preparing himself to meet his destiny.

When Clark grew from boy to man, he left Smallville behind and moved to the big city of Metropolis. There, Clark pursued his passion in journalism with the largest newspaper in the city, The Daily Planet. Clark worked alongside perennial Pulitzer contender Lois Lane, who viewed Clark as part annoyance, part charity case. In time, Lois and Clark developed a strong friendship and connection and established themselves as a force to be reckoned with in the newsroom.

Hearing the world cry for a hero, Clark donned traditional Kryptonian colors as well as his family crest and became Superman. He has since learned the true nature of his origins, all the while standing tall among his peers in the superhero community. Superman became a symbol of truth, justice, and the American way.

Why wouldn't I choose Superman? He's probably the most multilayered character in comics. From the unassuming reporter to the last son of Krypton to the leader of this generation's heroes, Superman brings so much to the table as a character. His unwavering moral character sets him apart from his modern age comrades. In world of gray, Superman stands as a shining example of black-and-white heroics.

Passion, as well as someone ready and willing to face the responsibility that comes with playing Big Blue.

Blue Verdana for Clark / Bold Blue Verdana for Superman

As many as it takes.

When Friday night finally rolls around, I feel a knot forming in my stomach. I've been pining over Lois since I first arrived in Metropolis, and I haven't done a great job of keeping it a secret. And then, when I saw the way she looked at Superman, the way she talked about him, I wondered if it could ever happen. Here was this beautiful, headstrong woman, and she had fallen for the wrong side of me. I could never get close to her as Superman. But now? Clark Kent was taking her on a date. Me - no cape, no tights, no powers. Just me.

I made reservations at this new restaurant downtown. I had my suit dry-cleaned. I laugh at myself as I get ready. I've stood up to General Zod, Darkseid, and even Galactus, and one little date has me nervous. I wonder what Batman would think. He'd probably get a kick out of it. I spend about ten minutes trying to tie my tie because I keep having to start over. Get a hold of yourself, Clark. It's just one date.

On the way to Lois's apartment, I pass a street vendor selling flowers. I pause. Would that be too much? I don't want to scare Lois, but at the same time I want her to know I'm serious. I decide to get a small bouquet - just enough so she can appreciate the thought, but not so much that it looks like I've put a lot of thought into it. I shake my head, smiling the whole time. I'm absolutely overthinking this.

When I knock on the door, Lois answers with an earring in hand. "Hey, Smallville," she says casually, instantly putting me at ease. She looks down at the floors. I hold my breath. "For me? Well, look at you. Chivalry's not dead after all."

"You look..." I struggle to find the right word. "...beautiful."

Lois reaches out and takes the flowers. "Thank you. You're not so bad yourself, once we get you out of that office." She smirks. "Come in."

I sheepishly step into the apartment. Just a few weeks ago, I was here as Superman. But Clark Kent? He's a stranger to these realms. I shuffle into the living room, fiddling with the buttons on my jacket sleeves.

"Sorry about this," Lois announces from the other room. "I know I'm usually not one to run late."

I clear my throat. "Oh, it's no problem. Our reservation's not for another--" I check my watch. "--fifteen minutes."

"Reservation? Oh, wow. How fancy." Lois steps into the living room as she finally puts her earring on. "So, where are you taking me? Actually, scratch that. I like a surprise."

KNOCK-KNOCK.

"Hold that thought." Lois heads to the door, clearly as confused and surprised as I am.

sl.jpg

"...General?"

Though I've never met the man, I recognize him right away. General Sam Lane, US Army.

Lois's father.

"Hello, Lois. Surprised to see me?" He glances over her shoulder and notices me. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything."

271545-123542-superman.jpg

As my first act as GM, I dub Byrd Man APPROVED for Jim Gordon.

Screen Name:
Carnage27

Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler

Powers:
Kurt's main mutant ability is the power to transport himself and basically anything he is physically holding onto through another dimension, appearing anywhere he can see before the beginning of the teleportation. Kurt can be burdened and tired by constant teleportations, and by teleporting heavier companions.

Nightcrawler also has superhuman dexterity, reflexes, and agility, as well as a prehensile tail which gives Kurt a leg up during fights.

Kurt is also an expert fencer and has become quite adept at flying the X-Men's jet the Blackbird.

Kurt Wagner was captured in his native Germany by mutant slavers and was transported to Gotham City where he was set to be auctioned off before The Batman and Wolverine rescued him and sent him to Professor Xavier's school. There, Kurt began his training to become one of the X-Men, and his first mission was in Gotham City, where he and other young heroes took down the Penguin's mutant slave trade with the help of the Caped Crusader and Wolverine.

More recently, Kurt has become one of the most valuable members of the X-Men, and has gone on multiple recruiting missions with the team to bolster their numbers.

At the end of last season, Kurt and the team were part of the Brotherhood takeover of Mutant Town, and barely escaped after they failed to save the mutant leader Xorn from a Brotherhood bomb, an event that will no doubt shake the X-Men and the mutant world to the core.

Kurt was my first RPG character, and I left playing him for a while last season, only to miss it and come back. Now there are probably going to be some shake-ups for the X-Men next season, and I want to guide Kurt through them.

A dedicated player with lots of experience in this game.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Arial Narrow Bold

As many as needed.

Pete and I head towards the cafeteria after class, both agreeing that Scott did a good job on his first day, "I don't know. It should be fun. As long as he doesn't start reminding us about homework on missions, that is."

"Haha, yea," he responds as we enter the kitchen and grab food off the stove, then taking a seat by the window.

I can't help but look out across the gorunds from inside, watching as the younger kids play, and the ones our age lay in the grass and converse, some kiss, and some do homework. And I can't help but wonder what happens next. President Luthor doesn't like our kind. He hasn't said it out loud, but we all know it. And seeing what his Sentinels did to the people of Khandaq...well it worries me.

"You okay, man?" Pete asks, worried.

"Yea, I'm fine," I reply nodding and taking a bite of my lunch, still half-lost in my thoughts.

NightCrawler.jpg

Screen Name: Eddie Brock

Character you would like to play: Scott Summers / Cyclops

Powers: Scott possesses the mutant ability to convert solar energy into powerful concussive blasts from his eyes. In addition, he is a highly trained fighter and marksman. Scott is also an expert tactician and natural-born leader.

Brief biography of the character's history: Scott Summers was just an orphan living in Omaha, Nebraska, when Professor Charles Xavier found him. The Professor knew of Scott's mutant abilities and presented Scott with a solution to his control issues: a pair of glasses made with ruby quartz lenses. The Professor offered Scott a place in his Academy in Westchester, New York, where Scott could live free from persecution. Scott, with the help of his glasses, learned to use his powers and proved himself as a formidable fighter. Eventually, he was appointed as the leader of a top-secret team of mutants known as the X-Men. Operating out of the school, Scott and the X-Men serve to protect the world from dangerous mutants as well as offering safe haven to others like them.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: The X-Men are a non-entity (but with the state of the game right now, who isn't?), and if we ever want to solve that problem, it starts at the top with Cyclops. Because they're almost virtually untouched, the X-Men have a wealth of storylines just waiting for them.

What can you bring to this game?: Yet another sucker ready to try his hand at reviving the One Universe's X-Men, but at the least I'll put together some decent stories as well as some semblance of a solidified team roster.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bold Dark Blue Tahoma

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as it takes.

I step onto the Blackbird, the sound of my boots against the metal floor filling the expanded cabin. Behind me, Jean Grey makes her way to her seat along the cabin wall. I march to the front of the cockpit and turn on my heels, facing my team. The X-Men. I give a quick nod, making sure I've got their undivided attention.

"Alright, team, you've all been briefed, but let's review one more time," I begin, instinctively standing at Parade Rest before them - feet shoulder-width apart, arms folded behind my back. "This is a standard search-and-retrieval mission. Our--"

Piotr - or Peter - Rasputin, alias: Colossus, clears his throat before interrupting, "Pardon me, but is Wolverine going to be joining us on this mission?" There's a curious mutter of interest among the other X-Men as they survey the cockpit, seeing that Wolverine is indeed absent.

"Logan has taken an extended leave-of-absence starting today," I report. I resist the urge to add, "Good riddance." Wolverine is a loose cannon, and though the Professor continues to vouch for him, I'm not so sure where his loyalties lie. Simply put, he's not the kind of person I feel comfortable being in the trenches with.

"But I just saw him this morning," chimes in Kurt Wagner, alias: Nightcrawler.

"And he left shortly thereafter," I answer curtly. Jean catches my gaze with those green eyes of hers, and I realize I'm taking out my frustration on the team. Taking a deep breath, I continue, "Our target is an eighteen year-old girl. Birth name unknown, but she calls herself Rogue."

Bobby Drake, alias: Iceman, elbows Kurt in the ribs. "Sounds hot."

Ignoring that, I say, "The target is a leech. If she comes into physical contact with you, she will absorb your powers, your memories...even your thoughts." The X-Men fall silent at that. "Prolonged contact can have dire consequences. She is believed to be responsible for the hospitalization of eight civilians and one mutant."

~A young mutant with control issues. I now see why you wanted to take this mission.~

You never really get used to hearing other people in your head.

"Our orders are simple. We bring in Rogue peacefully, if possible. As always, lethal force is not authorized, so if she resists, our priority is to take her down as quickly and safely as possible." I unfold my arms. "Any questions?"

595934-mu1971.jpg

"One Universe" RPG SEASON V SIGN-UP FORMScreen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play: Dr. Henry "Hank" McCoy aka Beast

Powers: From wiki:
Animal-like physiology, superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, flexibility, reflexes, coordination, balance, endurance
Genius level intelligence. Accelerated healing factor, razor sharp claws and teeth

Brief biography of the character's history: Henry McCoy was born to loving parents, Henry McCoy grew up as a mutant with abnormally large hands and feet. When he was exposed as a mutant, Henry was thrown out of school and was forced to find another means fo his education. That's when Charles Xavier invited Henry to his school for mutants. Once there, the boy thrived under Xavier's tutelage. As time went on, McCoy graduated from the school and earned a PHD in biology from NYU. In his early 20's, a seconday mutation reveled itself and changed McCoy into a cat-like human form. Like the other X-Men, McCoy adopted a codename, Beast. He currently teaches science classes at Xavier's school.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: Of all the different X-Men, Beast is probably my favorite. Plus, I get to interact with a good X-Men cast and I'm just up for anything that EBJ and Carnage got going on.

What can you bring to this game?: Beast. Along with a decent RPer with experience.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Book Antiqua, bold, and navy.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Much as needed.

Third Period

"And, so. What Darwin said about evolution is in fact, pretty true. Can anyone name any current examples of evolutionary change?"

Bobby Drake raises his hand and I nod.

"Yes?"

"Mutants," he says in that cocky assurance he's seemed to gained during his time here.

"Good. More and more mutants are born each year, Human beings are giving way to them. In no time, the minority will be a majority," I say as I flash my trademark toothy grin.

"Even though we are called 'Mutants', we aren't Mutants. Not too sound too much like Magneto, we are the next step forward in evolution. One day, Mutation will not be Mutation....those who are not born different will be considered 'Mutants'. I wonder if people like President Luthor think about that each night as he lays his head to the pillow and prepares for sleep."

BRRRIINNNG!!

The school bell rings and the kids start to pack up and leave.

"Homework! Go ahead and read chapter 12 and 13 in your books, pop quiz tomorrow."

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yep

What madness is this?! OU does not have multiple players in a single team!

What madness is this?! OU does not have multiple players in a single team!

Screen Name: wiegeabo

Character you would like to play: Bruce Wayne/Batman

Powers: No powers. But years of training his mind and body to human perfection, and the resources of a billionaire, have made him into a crime fighter and the world's greatest detective.

Brief biography of the character's history: After witnessing his parent's murders, Bruce swore that no one would have to go through what he did. He traveled the world, training his mind and body for years so that he may return home and take Gotham back from the crime that had infested it.

Batman has done many things during his tenure as Gotham's protector. He's taken on the world-killer Galactus, stopped a mutant slave trading ring with the help of Wolverine, and, most recently, Bruce Wayne has declared his candidacy to run for mayor of Gotham in light of the evidence of corruption his paper has printed against the current mayor. The future of the Dark Knight will be interesting, to say the least.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: Firstly, it's Batman. C'mon, isn't that enough. Secondly, I have a number of plans for Bruce, including some great surprises. And Bruce is running for mayor! Batman as mayor? Yeah, let's see how corrupt the local government will be now!

What can you bring to this game?: More than a season's worth of playing the character and integrating him into aspects of both DC and Marvel histories. Some big adventures are heading Bruce's way, and maybe some things he can't handle on his own. It should be an interesting season, to say the least.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bruce Wayne (thinking) / Batman (thinking)

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed, but at least once every day or two as time permits. I usually do more when the game gets fast paced.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

The camera flashes almost blind me. So much so that I nearly stumble on one of the steps on my way down the stairs. I get a sudden image of Dick teasing me about Batman falling down the stairs.

The flashing lights let up slightly as I reach the bottom, but their replaced by the shouting of questions from the mass of reporters.

"Mr. Wayne, what's the big announcement?!

"Is it true you're taking Wayne Enterprises public?"

"Bruce! Did you and Angelina have twins?"

I roll my eyes slightly and put my hands up as I reach the podium. "Please, please," I say into the microphone. "I'll be glad to answer questions in a minute."

Finally the crowd quiets down, and hands drop as reporters focus on taking notes rather than getting my attention. The network cameras focus on me. I take out my cue cards and place them on the podium, but I have what I want to say memorized already.

"Everyone here, and out there, knows who I am. They know my story, both grand and tragic. They also know my reputation. I will not deny that I enjoy life. That I prefer to squeeze every ounce of living out of the time I have. Some people hate me for it. Some people shake their heads in disappointment. And some even wonder if I'm going to run my company into the ground."

Lucius stiffens slightly at that. "About the latter, have no fear. Wayne Enterprises is doing just fine, despite the economic conditions we are in. My business manager, Lucius Fox, is, in my opinion, a genius. He does a magnificent job of running Wayne Enterprises when I'm not around. And even when I am." There's a bit of laughter from the reporters.

"But I'm not here to talk about Wayne Enterprises. It's strong, and that's not going to change anytime soon. No, I'm here to talk about the former matter, about the way I live." There's confused murmurs from the crowd.

"The Wayne family has always loved Gotham. And I'm no different. It's my home, always has been, always will be. Even during the years I was traveling the world, my thoughts were always on this city. And when I came back and saw the condition she was in, how far she had fallen, I still had hope. Hope that Gotham would overcome and be the beacon it can be."

"But that can't happen as long as the people of Gotham have no hope themselves. And how can they have hope when the people they elected to office are just as corrupt as the criminals that make our streets unsafe? Everyone knows by now that the Gotham Gazette broke the story on Mayor Hill's 'alleged' corruption. I own that paper, and while Alexander Knox wrote the groundbreaking article, it was published on my authority."

"Why am I telling you this? Because I refuse to live in fear. I refuse to let this city die because of the people charged with protecting it. I refuse to just stand by or play games when the people of Gotham deserve so much more. For better or worse, I've been given the nickname of 'Gotham's favorite son.' And it's about time I earned it."

"That is why, today...I am officially announcing my candidacy for mayor of Gotham City."

BatmanI_Wayne.jpg

"One Universe" RPG SEASON IV SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name:
Catman_prb

Character you would like to play: Lex Luthor

Powers:
Genius level intellect. And super-baldness.

Brief biography of the character's history: Once the famed Golden Boy of Metropolis, Luthor became envious of the adoration for the new breed of superheroes - those who could fly, not play the stock market. His jealousy of these heroes, especially Superman, led him to increasing levels of paranoia and vindictiveness. By far his most successful plan to date, Luthor ran in the presidential election, winning by a small minority. Now in his first term of power, Luthor has collected a number of paramilitary groups, mercenaries, and even the Avengers themselves, and he plans to save the world. The human way.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: The Registration Act arc still needs to be played out, and I can't put down such a fantastic villain.

What can you bring to this game?: Consistant posting and a good story arc, I hope.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Arial bold purple

As many as I have to.

"Ms Frost," Luthor said, gesturing at the seat opposite him. The nervous blonde SHIELD psychic sat down in front of him, and he grinned, looking eerily like a shark. Frost had been one of Waller's pets, from the old days of SHIELD, before Danvers had taken over. Her hair was tied back in a severe bun, and she still wore her lab coat, like it was some kind of protective item to ward off danger. She would break easily.

"Mr President,"Frost said, smoothing the pants suit underneath her lab coat, and sitting down on the other side of the President's desk.

"Ms Frost, you are one of our premiere psychics, and indeed one of our most successful evaluators. You are also a mutant," Luthor said coolly, idly flicking through the womans papers. She blanched.

"Am I to take it that I'm going to be...detained?" she asked, fear floating to the surface of her usually ice-cool persona. Luthor raised an eyebrow.

"My dear Ms Frost, you have already Registered. You are not a criminal or a fugitive, you are an American, and a loyal one at that. That is why I wish to offer you an opportunity..."

The colour returned to Frost's face.

"I want you to take charge of the Mutant Registration force. Use mutant power against mutant power. I believe it is currently being referred to as the 'X-Force'. Are you interested?"

"Certainly sir," Frost said, breathing slightly abnormally.

"Excellent," Luthor said, smiling his shark smile "The position is effective immediately. My secretary will give you the information of your new base, and your new department. I expect good things of you Ms Frost,"

1591684-6477.jpg

Bats and Lex are APPROVED!

i'm honored to be the new agm of this great game!

Oh and nitemare...join!:cmad:

"one universe" rpg season v sign-up form

screen name:
carnage27

character you would like to play:
peter parker/the amazing spider-man

powers:
peter was bit by a radioactive spider, and was granted extra-ordinary powers. His strength, speed, and agility have all been heightened to super-human levels due to the mutations given to him from the spider bite. Apart from his heightened physical skills, peter has also gained a special six-sense that warns him of oncoming danger, an ability he has lovingly dubbed his spider-sense.

Peter is also something of a science wiz, and has invented his patented webshooters. The contraptions which are worn on both wrists fire a special solution which acts as a synthetic spider web. Peter uses these to swing around the city as well as offensive weapons when battling the scum of new york city.

brief biography of the character's history:
peter parker's life changed forever because of one little spider bite. Of course it was no normal spider. It endowed him with amazing abilities. Abilities that have allowed him to become the amazing spider-man, one of the world's most beloved heroes, after the death of his beloved unlce ben.

The past few years have been a rollercoaster of highs and lows for peter. He's become part of the world's most admired heroes in the justice league of america and has fought along side them against the likes of galactus, the hulk, and magneto's mutant army. But he has also lost people that are close to him, including his best friend harry, who has become ever more reclusive and venomous towards peter, especially after the death of his father in a fight with spider-man.

The past year has possibly been the most tumultuous for peter. First, the symbiote which had given him even better powers, and a temper to match, attached itself to a new host and abducted peter's girlfriend barbara gordon in an attempt to kill peter for revenge. Then newly elected president lex luthor began a virtual war against the super-powered citizenry of the world, pushing a registration act through congress. This situation was worsened when, during a fight with the android amazo, the city of stamford was decimated in a gigantic explosion, which much of the public blamed on the justice league. During these events, peter was also tasked with putting together a team of superhero teens as a way to prepare young heroes for their future in the league, which peter dubbed the teen titans.

On the home front, peter and his long time girlfriend as his double life, long distance, and his feelings for gwen stacy began to wear on their relationship. But gwen and peter finally sparked a relationship which both had wanted for longer then they could remember.

But all was not good in nyc. The green goblin had declared war on the city's mob kingpin wilson fisk, and was bent on taking the city for himself. Of course spider-man was wrapped up in the situation, including having fisk send two super-powered hit men after the hero. In the end, goblin succeeded in his plan, and the situation climaxed in a night of anarchy in new york. While the rest of the teen titans retained order in new york, peter battled the goblin and saved gwen, although the goblin, who turned out to be norman osborn, was slain by his own glider during the fight.

Spider-man now stands on the brink of something not he is even prepared for. Gwen's father has been murdered in cold blood by a figure from peter's past he has no idea exists, and the being stands prepared to tear peter's life completely apart.

list a few reasons why you have chosen that character:
well, he's been my favorite comic book character for basically all my life, first off. Secondly, he's easily my favorite character to write. I relate to him more than any other character, and i believe that the story i have ready for this next season can be something really special, including plans i've made with ebj.

what can you bring to this game?:
like i said above, i can bring one heck of a story that can incorporate some other players. On top of that, i'm dedicated to this game, and will be a constant posting presence.

color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:
comic sans ms blue for peter/bold when in costume

how many times do you intend on posting a day in the rpg:
once a day or whenever the current story arc dictates.

please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 5 paragraphs long and contain at least 3 line of dialogue):

do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

spider-man.jpg

i'll probably have my nightcrawler app up sometime soon.

spider-man is approved!

I've started working on an app. I should have it up sometime in the next couple of days. Work and a sick girl have been taking up most of my time unfortunately....:csad:

Screen Name:
Eddie Brock

Clark Joseph Kent / Kal-El / Superman

Powers:
Superhuman strength, superhuman speed, invulnerability, flight, superhuman hearing, heat vision, X-Ray vision, and arctic breath.

When Krypton was threatened by Galactus, the renowned scientist Jor-El hatched a plan to save his only son, Kal-El, from certain destruction. Building a spacecraft for the infant, Jor-El launched his son into space mere moments before Krypton was destroyed. Kal-El's ship found its way to Earth, where the child was discovered by Jonathan and Martha Kent, simple farmers in the middle of Kansas.

Under Earth's yellow sun, Kal-El - now known as Clark Kent - developed many extraordinary abilities. To protect himself from a world that wasn't ready for him, Clark buried his secret behind an unassuming farmboy persona and a pair of thick-rimmed glasses. Clark honed his abilities on the farm, preparing himself to meet his destiny.

When Clark grew from boy to man, he left Smallville behind and moved to the big city of Metropolis. There, Clark pursued his passion in journalism with the largest newspaper in the city, The Daily Planet. Clark worked alongside perennial Pulitzer contender Lois Lane, who viewed Clark as part annoyance, part charity case. In time, Lois and Clark developed a strong friendship and connection and established themselves as a force to be reckoned with in the newsroom.

Hearing the world cry for a hero, Clark donned traditional Kryptonian colors as well as his family crest and became Superman. He has since learned the true nature of his origins, all the while standing tall among his peers in the superhero community. Superman became a symbol of truth, justice, and the American way.

Why wouldn't I choose Superman? He's probably the most multilayered character in comics. From the unassuming reporter to the last son of Krypton to the leader of this generation's heroes, Superman brings so much to the table as a character. His unwavering moral character sets him apart from his modern age comrades. In world of gray, Superman stands as a shining example of black-and-white heroics.

Passion, as well as someone ready and willing to face the responsibility that comes with playing Big Blue.

Blue Verdana for Clark / Bold Blue Verdana for Superman

As many as it takes.

When Friday night finally rolls around, I feel a knot forming in my stomach. I've been pining over Lois since I first arrived in Metropolis, and I haven't done a great job of keeping it a secret. And then, when I saw the way she looked at Superman, the way she talked about him, I wondered if it could ever happen. Here was this beautiful, headstrong woman, and she had fallen for the wrong side of me. I could never get close to her as Superman. But now? Clark Kent was taking her on a date. Me - no cape, no tights, no powers. Just me.

I made reservations at this new restaurant downtown. I had my suit dry-cleaned. I laugh at myself as I get ready. I've stood up to General Zod, Darkseid, and even Galactus, and one little date has me nervous. I wonder what Batman would think. He'd probably get a kick out of it. I spend about ten minutes trying to tie my tie because I keep having to start over. Get a hold of yourself, Clark. It's just one date.

On the way to Lois's apartment, I pass a street vendor selling flowers. I pause. Would that be too much? I don't want to scare Lois, but at the same time I want her to know I'm serious. I decide to get a small bouquet - just enough so she can appreciate the thought, but not so much that it looks like I've put a lot of thought into it. I shake my head, smiling the whole time. I'm absolutely overthinking this.

When I knock on the door, Lois answers with an earring in hand. "Hey, Smallville," she says casually, instantly putting me at ease. She looks down at the floors. I hold my breath. "For me? Well, look at you. Chivalry's not dead after all."

"You look..." I struggle to find the right word. "...beautiful."

Lois reaches out and takes the flowers. "Thank you. You're not so bad yourself, once we get you out of that office." She smirks. "Come in."

I sheepishly step into the apartment. Just a few weeks ago, I was here as Superman. But Clark Kent? He's a stranger to these realms. I shuffle into the living room, fiddling with the buttons on my jacket sleeves.

"Sorry about this," Lois announces from the other room. "I know I'm usually not one to run late."

I clear my throat. "Oh, it's no problem. Our reservation's not for another--" I check my watch. "--fifteen minutes."

"Reservation? Oh, wow. How fancy." Lois steps into the living room as she finally puts her earring on. "So, where are you taking me? Actually, scratch that. I like a surprise."

KNOCK-KNOCK.

"Hold that thought." Lois heads to the door, clearly as confused and surprised as I am.

sl.jpg

"...General?"

Though I've never met the man, I recognize him right away. General Sam Lane, US Army.

Lois's father.

"Hello, Lois. Surprised to see me?" He glances over her shoulder and notices me. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything."

271545-123542-superman.jpg

Supes is APPROVED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"