The Amazing Spider-Man ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Lol

Why do you prefer them over mechanicals?

Is it just because you think it's unnecessary to have Peter make something which gives him the ability to shoot web, when he could simply be given that ability as a part of his "change"?

Quick note for the people claiming that Spider-Man would shoot silk from his ass:

Spiders go through a process known as protostome development. Humans go through something called deuterostome development (spiders are protostomes, humans are deuterostomes, and these constitute the two major developmental pathways in animals).

The opening that becomes a protostome's mouth becomes a deuterostome's anus, and the opening that becomes a deuterostome's mouth becomes a protostome's anus.

Think about that for a little bit.

Lol

Why do you prefer them over mechanicals?

Is it just because you think it's unnecessary to have Peter make something which gives him the ability to shoot web, when he could simply be given that ability as a part of his "change"?

Pretty much. I just prefer them as powers, rather than a device/gadget.

So, what organic-liking people are saying is that, even though humans can't grow new organs, and spiders can't grow new organs, a human would, in theory, grow new organs when mutating into a human-spider hybrid. Is that what your'e getting at? Just clearing it up for myself.

As long as webbing is shooting out from his wrists, I don't really care if it's mechanical or organic.

This thread just isn't the same without Bakerboy or Mr. Parker adding their two cents. :(

I like the organics, but honestly they should stay exclusive for the Raimi films, don't want to see them made again outside Raimi's realm
The spider bite gave Peter superhuman abilities, and that's about it, no change in muscle mass or structure, not building new glands in the man's body

In that case why doesn't he have venom glands in his mouth? Why can't he shed his hair to irritate predators? He's never had ALL the abilities of a spider, so you can't say that it's wrong he wouldn't gain this ability and not others.

Touché good sir....touché

I like the organics, but honestly they should stay exclusive for the Raimi films, don't want to see them made again outside Raimi's realm
The spider bite gave Peter superhuman abilities, and that's about it, no change in muscle mass or structure, not building new glands in the man's body
That would be impossible. Some structure would absolutely need to be altered to facilitate his abilities.

I think they work very well in the Raimi films. And I agree, they shouldn't be used in anything outside Raimi's realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"