• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Other Marvel Characters in Hulk?

Obi-Ron

Deal with it
Reaction score
CHUD.COM said:
ZAK PENN ASSEMBLE!
By Devin Faraci
The word got out this week – Marvel is planning an Avengers movie, and Zak Penn, one half of the writing team on X-Men: The Last Stand and the writer of the upcoming Incredible Hulk, will be doing the screenwriting chores. I contacted Zak to ask him for some more info about what his vision of The Avengers would be. First I wanted to know where he would be getting his inspiration: the normal Marvel Universe Avengers or The Ultimates, Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch’s widescreen re-envisioning of the team?

“No question the thing that it inspired me was the Ultimates run,” Zak told me. “I thought it was brilliant, cinematic, and made me realize that a super hero team didn't have to be goofy. There has been a lot of discussion about whether it will be live action or a next-gen big budget CGI thing, but we've tabled it for awhile while I write the Hulk. I imagine we will make all these decisions next year.”

One of the things that has fans excited about The Avengers movie is the possibility of scale. While there’s a long time between now and real work getting done on this project, Zak does have his eye on making this a real Marvel U movie – a real Marvel Film U movie, that is. “One thing I can tell you is that when I was a kid, I loved Marvel Team Up, Marvel Two in One, anything where you got a sense of the whole Marvel universe. The more we can draw from the other Marvel movies the better.”

It’ll be interesting to see where that goes – will whoever gets hired to play Iron Man also be contracted for The Avengers? Or at least for his voice, if the film does go CGI? And with Marvel having so many of its characters home under one roof again, we could be seeing a massive showing of Marvel characters.

And we may not have to wait for The Avengers movie for that. “By the way, I'm hoping you'll see some other Marvel characters in the Hulk,” Zak teased.

Look for more from Zak Penn in the coming weeks as Dave Davis and I recount our massive and epic Las Vegas adventure on the set of his improv poker movie, The Grand. And it won’t just be Zak – we’ll have on set interviews from Werner Herzog, David Cross, Avi Arad and more.

Niiiice!
Now that Marvel has the rights to Captain America, this would be the perfect time to introduce Rick Jones into the mix.

Thoughts?

The logical thing I think would be to have guys like Rhino and Juggernaut (though he's Fox) or some other main marvel villain as a Hulk enemy.

When he said "Other marvel characters" I really hoped that he was talking about other heroes :)

I just hope it isn´t She-Hulk or Doc Samson :(

That comment worries me slightly, i dont want people who dont fit in with the Hulk world to show up at all.

why do you guys think Hulk needs aother characters from other comic books to be in his movie?.. why the f**k does Zak penn think that?... Hulk vs Abomination will carry a movie all on its own. Intriducing Rick Jones now will only take time away from Hulk, get Harper and use him like the rick Jones character.

Sava said:
why do you guys think Hulk needs aother characters from other comic books to be in his movie?.. why the f**k does Zak penn think that?... Hulk vs Abomination will carry a movie all on its own. Intriducing Rick Jones now will only take time away from Hulk, get Harper and use him like the rick Jones character.

There is a difference between needing another character and simply having one there for the heck of it.

I believe that having just Hulk vs. Abomination would work and be a great film. Having the Leader also be there would however make the film greater still :)

It would also be extremely cool to have Iron man show up at some point in the movie, perhaps to stop a Hulk rampage in down town New York :up:

Who these other Marvel characters are is of course the main factor, if it is some C-list nobody then the movie is better off without him/them.

it wont be any A lister, cause they all have their own movies, B-listers would need alot of time to explain their own stories

Sava said:
it wont be any A lister, cause they all have their own movies, B-listers would need alot of time to explain their own stories

Marvel owns the rights to many A-listers now and could easily put one into another film if they wanted to.

Iron man comes out a few months before Hulk does (in all likely hood) and would therefore be well known and have little need to be introduced in the movie.

I know it´s highly unlikely to happen but if Marvel wants to make sure that the Incredible Hulk is a success then something like this would go a long way.

Wyrminarrd said:
Marvel owns the rights to many A-listers now and could easily put one into another film if they wanted to.

Iron man comes out a few months before Hulk does (in all likely hood) and would therefore be well known and have little need to be introduced in the movie.

I know it´s highly unlikely to happen but if Marvel wants to make sure that the Incredible Hulk is a success then something like this would go a long way.

I dont think it will, introducing other heroes or villains from another comic would only confuse the mainstream public IMO. They dont know about the crossovers in the comic book's, and this move seem to me that they are going for a very comic booky movie which is not good IMO.

Wyrminarrd said:
When he said "Other marvel characters" I really hoped that he was talking about other heroes :)

I just hope it isn´t She-Hulk or Doc Samson :(
I think Doc Samson would be the only one to actually work. Having Iron man or Cap in it would be too much. There's plenty of story there with the HULK and Abom as it is. Doc Samson has been a long running character forever though.

Well it's not likely Samson or She-Hulk. As both of those are linked to the Hulk license to begin with, arent they? Isn't really a new situation. Can't be Juggernaut because he's tied into the X-men license as well? Maybe he means cameos. Like Iron Man/Ant-man on tv or something minor?! :confused:

Sava said:

Zak Penn is going to be writing the Avengers movie, which is coming out after Marvel studios makes the new Hulk, and the Ant-Man, Thor, and Captain America movies that are in progress. We are responding to his statement about other characters appearing in the Hulk movie.

You can't seriously hope to see more of Harper. :down :confused:

Hulk_vs_Thing_panel.jpg

:thing: :hulk: :thing:

Ions said:
Like Iron Man/Ant-man on tv or something minor?! :confused:
I would really like to see something like that. Spider-Man on a tv news spot. Beating up Venom or something. Has to be minor though.

Sava,Abom is Hulk's main villain along with Leader. Only one of those guys can actually fight Hulk head on. Hulk has a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry limited rogues gallery. Rhino,while a Spider-Man villain,has also fought Hulk many times. Same with Juggernaut,Wendigo,etc.

And Thing from the film looks like he couldn't last a second against CGI Hulk.

Well Thing is still owned by Fox, as they own Fantastic Four. And I doubt they'd let Thing out to play in a different studios film. Whoever it is, Marvel has to own the rights.

If this is anything more than a cameo or news report on t.v i'll be pissed, this is just making the movie more comic book like, which to me means a move away from the serious tone of the first movie which is not a good thing.

Sabretooth said:
Sava,Abom is Hulk's main villain along with Leader. Only one of those guys can actually fight Hulk head on. Hulk has a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry limited rogues gallery. Rhino,while a Spider-Man villain,has also fought Hulk many times. Same with Juggernaut,Wendigo,etc.
lets just wait and use the guys we have first, make sure the franchise is up on its feet, then go looking for other people to fight against.

Sava said:
lets just wait and use the guys we have first, make sure the franchise is up on its feet, then go looking for other people to fight against.

I agree, lets just see how this movie turns out first.

ROCKET RACCOON!! Let's see him!

..and yes, indeed, I am just kidding.:down

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"