World OVDH spiderman replica costume warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam

Civilian
Reaction score
On may 5th i sent my pre- order payment. of 1200.00 USD to Oliver von der Heydt
pixel.gif
Ebay name OVDH1 SHH bored name OVDH. Some of you may have seen his ebay listing months ago

I ordered my suit before his e-bay listing Due to all the great things i heard about him and his work. Everyone i talked to said he was great to deal with and got there suit's in 2 to 3 months time..... The same thing he told me so i thought what did i have to fear i have heard nothing but good things and i waited a year before i mad the huge jump to buy this suit.

His first massages where of course fast..... when it comes to money every seller is fast with a reply!with a price hike.

In a message dated 5/2/2007 7:57:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Hi,

the current problem I have is that I live in germany and the USDollar is constantly losing against the euro which forced me to raise the price to $2400. I know this is much but I couldn't avoid it. Let me know if you're still interested.

Best wishes
Ollie
I even went as far as to help report fake e-bay listings makeing money off of his work.... ironic. So after weeks of waiting for my what should have been half done suit.... i get this e-mail

In a message dated 6/19/2007 5:14:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:

Hi,

yes, last week I received my original costume pieces. I've attached a few pics of it with a small quickly made test piece of my version beside. My reds are really close to the original, I only had to change the blues a bit and placed the order for your print yesterday. I should receive it in 2-3 weeks and should be ready with the costume by the end of July hopefully.

Best wishes
Ollie
So i figure Ok great then i can have an even more accurate display suit... SO i think nothing of it.

I then ask for an update on the status of my suit should be soon to be done suit! and i get this

In a message dated 7/19/2007 3:19:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time writes:
Hi,

not yet, sorry for the late reply. My new mold is coming next week and also the print. From that time on the hot phase starts. In August I have nothing else to do than making spidey suits.

Best wishes
Ollie
So i say ok i guess it takes time and everyone that ordered there suit as far as i knew got it.... So i cut him some slack. I in no way was ever rude to him in any way at any point of are businesses trans action. Even with repeated e-mails of how my suit keeps getting pushed back further and further then the due dates he gave me.

So on the 12th of August i asked for another update Hey Oillie any updates? hope i am not bugging you. I then come to find my suit has had no work done to it!

In a message dated 8/16/2007 5:32:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:

Hi,

here some pictures I made last week of the print and the new mold, which I also posted on the hype. The suit is now getting sewed up, the webbing is also ready.

Best wishes Ollie
IMG_3809.jpg

SO i ask when will my suit be ready then he replys with...

In a message dated 8/22/2007 7:48:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:

Hi,

will be ready in 2 weeks from now latest. Here a pic of the fabric with webbing, it's getting sewed right now.

Best wishes
Ollie
IMG_4661.jpg

My suit just gets takes longer and longer. But i figure Well 2 more weeks no big deal. BTW he sent this same picture to another member saying it was a picture of his suit also....

After a few weeks Ollie e-mails me with the news i had been waiting for.
In a message dated 9/3/2007 5:22:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Hi,

your suit will be finished and ready to ship tomorrow. Pictures will come tonight. As for the shipping, if you agree I will use FedEx as it's the safest. Cost will be $145. So the remaining balance is $1345.

And to confirm your address:

Chazz Womack

correct?

Best wishes
Ollie
So i send the money and can not wait to see the fed ex truck at my place.
So i ask how long will shipping take.

In a message dated 9/4/2007 5:43:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Hi,

sorry for the short delay, pics are coming tomorrow. FedEx only needs 1 day from Germany to the USA.
SO i think SWEET one day awsome!..... here is where everything falls apart.

In a message dated 9/5/2007 12:03:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Hey,

I ran out of time. I leave tonight and will be away for 3 weeks and there's just about 3 hours of work missing to complete the costume. I really planned to have everything ready until today but I failed. See the picture below, the costume is almost finished. I am really really sorry. If you agree I will refund the second payment and you can send it again on Sept. 28th when I'm back and made the last steps on the suit.

Again I'm so sorry

Ollie
IMG_4730.jpg

Now i think Great this is a stand up guy everything i heard is right about him.... Later on i find out he sent the same e-mail to 2 other guys almost identical with different pictures... and a few text tweaks..:huh:
then i get this e-mail

In a message dated 9/29/2007 5:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Hi,

just came back. I'm sick, but no big deal. I will have your suit ready in a few days.

Best wishes
Ollie
What was 3 hours of work.... now becomes a few days. But i say Hey your sick hope you feel better....

On the 10.3.07 i ask is my suit ready?

In a message dated 10/4/2007 12:44:50 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Hi,

you'll get the final pictures over the weekend and I'll send it to you on monday.

Best wishes
Ollie
Little did i know this would be the first of many e-mails with false shipping dates
In a message dated 10/15/2007 12:52:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Hi,

sorry for the delay. I'll mail you with more details tonight, have to go to work now.

Best wishes
Ollie
a delay of not replying to a single e-mail that lasted from the 10.4.07 to 10.15.07 while he replyed to other e-mails... i have the proof i would have to ask for permission posting others e-mails.

So i sent this e-mail

Ok.... it has been a while since you updated me. hope it's good new's fingers crossed.
Chazz

In a message dated 10/15/2007 4:20:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Hi,

no bad news. your suit will ship thursday, pictures come on wednesday. I started my practical year on Oct. 1st and sometimes I have a 14 hour day which I didn't expect.

best wishes
Ollie

So this was a first in a long time where Ollie e-mailed me on time.:huh: I then sent an e-mail
OK what is going on? No pictures on wesnday and no tracking number from fed ex today! it's 11:40 AM here so it's 5:40 in germany! And so far nothing from you on my suit. I know for a fact i have order my suit before others and they have reicved there Items before i have!! I also know for the 11 days you didn't reply to a single E-mail i sent from 10/4/07 till `10/15/07
You where in contact with others updating them on there suits while i was being ignored!

But yet again my suit didn't ship.... but this time a picture came

In a message dated 10/18/2007 4:33:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:

Hi Chazz,

yesterday was a long day, but here it is finally. What I would need from you is the final payment, $1345.
Chazz.jpg
Best wishes
Ollie
Then apologized for my last e-mail. and sent the last payment...

In a message dated 10/19/2007 12:55:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, writes:
Hi,

I will not be home for the fedex courier to pick up today but I check if my parents are. If not, I have the chance to send it on monday.

Ollie
Then believe it's over and i will have my suit in no time.... I then e-mailed to ask if my suit made it out.... no reply, i then e-mailed on monday asking for my suit made it out.... No reply I am not going to post the montain of e-mails i sent him that where all very claim and understanding... and trying to be a nice guy.

Ollie it's been it's been almost a week since you last contacted me about shipping my suit..... I would really like to know what is going on? it's 2:41AM here so it's about 8:42AM your time. Is my suit going to shipp anytime this week!?! if it ships any later i will miss the 30th dead line

Where are you Ollie?????

I have been waiting for days for a reply about finished suit that i do not have in hand! All of my hospital visits and children's partys i had to cancel! One was even a paying gig , and the money would have been nice considering i paid you almost 2600.00 USD for a suit i have been waiting on for almost 6 months now. I would like a tracking number for my suit or a Refund!! I really don't want to do this but if i have to i will file a claim with paypal .
It's been 8 days with no word from you, Everytime you say the suit will ship it dosent and you vanish for a few days. Then you reply after days of nothing with a new shipping date then yet again your gone and the suit dose not ship.... Please help me out here i really want the suit what is taking so long. What happened where have you gone!?!?!

on
10.29.07 i copyed and pasted my last e-mail i sent to ollie and filed a claim with paypal.... Later in the day he replys... days of nothing he finally replys on paypal with..

From Seller: Oliver von der Heydt on 10/30/2007 08:53 PDT
I'm sorry. I managed to be home earlier today and will drive to frankfurt to the fedex center today, so you'll have the suit by tomorrow. Tracking will be . Ollie
At this point i don't believe a word he has to say anymore... so i reply on paypal.

From Buyer: Chazz Womack on 10/30/2007 16:22 PDT
Alright OllieI will drop my dispute after the suit is in hand. And the tracking number shows up nothing...

Hopeing he will reply with a reason for this... nope nothing!

From Buyer: Chazz Womack on 10/31/2007 13:15 PDT

Tracking number still shows nothing..Please reply.

From Buyer: Chazz Womack on 10/31/2007 22:37 PDT
Tracking number still shows up as nothing on fedex.com and it has been past 24 hour so if it did ship i am sure it would have been in the system by now .... also the suit is not here like you said it would be.so i am sure it didn't even ship yet again! and i bet i wont hear from you at all for another 2 weeks!

It is now the 5th of November..... Still no reply from Ollie.

Same here, he takes peoples money then ignores them completely.

But you're wasting your breath on this board, if people are okay themselves, they tend not to care about other people's problems.

Great community!

But you're wasting your breath on this board, if people are okay themselves, they tend not to care about other people's problems.

Great community!

Thanks Roken i thought i was alone out here in this.

What a cock! I woulda payed an extra $200 for a plane ticket to Germany and kicked the **** out of him, seriously. Demand a disscount..

Great community!

I found it interesting.
And I was actually planning on getting a suit from Ollie in the future, but not anymore! :cmad:
I'm sure it will do the same for others.

What a cock! I woulda payed an extra $200 for a plane ticket to Germany and kicked the **** out of him, seriously. Demand a disscount..

A discount at this point i would like a full refund I wanted that suit bad but, i doubt i will ever see it at this point he has only given me false shipping date after false shipping date. I only got a suit because of all the good things i heard about him it's still hard to believe this is happing....

I found it interesting.
And I was actually planning on getting a suit from Ollie in the future, but not anymore!
I'm sure it will do the same for others.

I wouldn't be so mad if there wasn't so many lies about shipping then no contact for 2 weeks or more. while he is still taking orders for more suits....

Ollie has not signed in to the hype in over a month now witch i have found to be really odd.... His last sign is was on
09-05-2007 04:08 AM

Unfortunately, this seems to be happening all the time now, even with the top and most "respected" suit makers. There are probably a half a dozen of these guys who start out making and sending suits and everything is cool, and suddenly, they start ignoring you. This has been going on for years. Other suit makers have been exposed right here on The Hype. I have been taken for a few bucks, but luckily, I had never sent the full amount.

My heart truly goes out to you Gundam, and the others who have been taken. I know how it feels to have your excitment for a beautiful suit become dashed by these unethical pieces of crap.

There is only one suit maker I would trust and that's spidey4fun.

Unfortunately, this seems to be happening all the time now, even with the top and most "respected" suit makers. There are probably a half a dozen of these guys who start out making and sending suits and everything is cool, and suddenly, they start ignoring you. This has been going on for years. Other suit makers have been exposed right here on The Hype. I have been taken for a few bucks, but luckily, I had never sent the full amount.

My heart truly goes out to you Gundam, and the others who have been taken. I know how it feels to have your excitment for a beautiful suit become dashed by these unethical pieces of crap.

There is only one suit maker I would trust and that's spidey4fun.

Thanks for the support hopper This is a HUGE let down for me and 2 other members on this bored :csad: I really wish i held on to the 2nd payment or never sent money at all at this point.:csad:

I am new to this board, as well as the Ollie screwed me over club, I also have been ripped off by OVDH here is just a taste of his rollercoaster ride of deciet!!

Ollie,

I am still waiting for a reply. I have copied some of your previous emails and made comments on them in blue writing.

On September 5, 2007 you wrote:

Hey,

I ran out of time. I leave tonight and will be away for 3 weeks and there's just about 3 hours of work missing to complete the costume. I really planned to have everything ready until today but I failed. See the picture below, the costume is almost finished. I am really really sorry. I will be back at Sept. 28th and will finish it right that day. I know that you might miss some appearances so I can give you a $200 discount for your lost and the long wait

Again I'm so sorry

* Ok, fine, you couldn’t finish the costume before you went on holidays. I was pretty upset that I would have to wait another month for it, but was so excited for the costume that I was willing to wait the month.

On September 29, 2007 you wrote:

Hi,

just came back. It will be ready in a few days, just have to do the finger webbing and the spiders and lenses.

* You said in your previous email that you would finish the costume the day you got back. Then in this email, you said it would take a few days.

On October 4, 2007 you wrote:

Hi Josh,

oh couldn't you have told me that earlier, I would have hurried a bit
more.
* We had set a deadline in the original transaction for a reason. I am losing money now on potential customers because I do not have the costume. I spent a lot of money on this costume, and expect that you would follow through with it. I did not think it was necessary to remind you that the deadline was over 1 month ago!! I'm nearly finished right now, but there's no way the costume
will arrive before tuesday.
I still need saturday afternoon for the
final steps and cleaning.
* As per this email, the Saturday afternoon that you referred to was 8 days following your return from holidays. You said that you only had a few hours on it at first, then a few days, and now over a week.

On October 9, 2007 you wrote:

Hi Josh,

the costume is ready to ship. I can send the costume on thursday as this is the only day of the week where I'm home to give it to the fedex courier. FedEx is quite expensive, but save and fast. So the rest is $1100 + $140 for the shipping. Paypal is [email protected]. I'll also mail you some pictures tomorrow.

Sorry for the delays and best wishes

* According to this email, MY COSTUME IS READY. Why is it not being shipped? I have paid IN FULL for the costume and will pay all shipping costs!! Also, I did not receive any more pictures of the costume!

On October 12, 2007 you wrote:

Hi,

they didn't pick it up yesterday, on the phone they said it was because the locomotive drivers are on strike and all the roads were stuck (definetely true) so the fedex carrier couldn't get to me in time. Well I'll try to have it picked up today, I'll let you know. I noted your instructions, everything ok.

* Normally, this would be understandable but you have still not contacted me, I have no idea what is going on. I tried calling you, I have emailed you many times, and still have no response. Since the costume is ready to ship as you said in your previous email, SEND IT. I need a Tracking Number and I need you to contact me now.

I have talked to another person who is waiting for a costume from you. He is also very upset. If you have taken on too many projects and are behind in your costumes, let me know. I just NEED to know what is going on, you should not be avoiding me.

It is 8 pm here, so that would make it around 4 am in Germany. I expect to hear a response from you within the next 24 hours or else I will be contacting PayPal and filing a dispute.

THIS IS THE FINAL EMAIL I WILL BE SENDING YOU. I am urging you to contact me and be honest with me about the situation.

Sincerely,

Josh Lyttle

I find it funny that he gives me almost the exact run around as he gives Gundam! So after this e-mail he then sends me a tracking #,I'm thinking great! Then on the day my "completed suit" is supposed to arrive he sends me this little gem....

Hi,

I also have to tell you that I couldn't finish the mask in time. It
will be shipped tomorrow through FedEx on my costs.

Best wishes
Ollie

So I now have a bodysuit ( which the webs fall off of when you look at it hard ) no mask, no tracking #, and NO REPLY FROM OLLIE SINCE THAT LAST E-MAIL!! That was on the 16th, it is now the 5th of November( by the by happy Guy Fawlkes day!) I know of at least 2 other people he is doing this to and I feel your pain fellas!
BUYER BEWARE OF OLIVER VON DER HEYDT,AKA OLLIE, AKA OVDH, AKA @#!$%BAG, HE IS THE WORST KIND OF SELLER!!

Ollie has not signed in to the hype in over a month now witch i have found to be really odd.... His last sign is was on
09-05-2007 04:08 AM

He's probably reading the board on a noob account, or just not signing in.
Also he's probably just reading his SHH messages through email and won't log in to respond unless its really important to him.

He's probably reading the board on a noob account, or just not signing in.
Also he's probably just reading his SHH messages through email and won't log in to respond unless its really important to him.

:csad:

dude i really feel for you guys...
that is some messed up shyt.
i remember when i ordered from nayef, it took him nearly 12mos to get my suit...but at least he was good about replying and he kept in touch...
also if i remember correctly he even refunded money to his buyers whom were frustrated from waiting.
but man waiting was a *****, kinda regret waiting so long, because after getting my costume, well all the glitter/excitement pretty much wore off.

the problem with some of these costume makers is that they don't know how to priortize their work more efficiently or maybe they just lack moral obligations.
$2grand is a heck of a lot of money, and a buyer should definitely expect a lot for it.

i hope you get your money back.
i really don't know at what point ollie started to slack off,
pretty ironic if all those fake spiderman auctions WERE actually run by ollie...HA

dude i really feel for you guys...
that is some messed up shyt.
i remember when i ordered from nayef, it took him nearly 12mos to get my suit...but at least he was good about replying and he kept in touch...
also if i remember correctly he even refunded money to his buyers whom were frustrated from waiting.
but man waiting was a *****, kinda regret waiting so long, because after getting my costume, well all the glitter/excitement pretty much wore off.

the problem with some of these costume makers is that they don't know how to priortize their work more efficiently or maybe they just lack moral obligations.
$2grand is a heck of a lot of money, and a buyer should definitely expect a lot for it.

i hope you get your money back.
i really don't know at what point ollie started to slack off,
pretty ironic if all those fake spiderman auctions WERE actually run by ollie...HA

Interesting idea NYC. I Wouldn't be so pissed if ollie didnt give so many false shipping dates and now fake tracking numbers ! and would reply to e-mails!!!

I had a similiar run in with Ollie. He's about contact until he gets paid. I ordered wwebbing from him. Paid half, he wanted to whole sum and I told him he'd have the other half when I had my tracking number.

They were going to be ready in 2 weeks. A month went by, no contact. He finally says he getting new molds, home boy must buy molds as often as I do underpants.

I finally filed a complaint on Paypal. He temporarily closed his accoutn because he knew I'd win the auction. I won and he was outta the paypal records. A month later he reopens his accoutn and they automatically pulled the money from his account and refunded my because they left the dsipute open.

I'll pitch in to help you get a plane ticket gundam. :spidey:

I had a similiar run in with Ollie. He's about contact until he gets paid. I ordered wwebbing from him. Paid half, he wanted to whole sum and I told him he'd have the other half when I had my tracking number.

They were going to be ready in 2 weeks. A month went by, no contact. He finally says he getting new molds, home boy must buy molds as often as I do underpants.

I finally filed a complaint on Paypal. He temporarily closed his accoutn because he knew I'd win the auction. I won and he was outta the paypal records. A month later he reopens his accoutn and they automatically pulled the money from his account and refunded my because they left the dsipute open.

I'll pitch in to help you get a plane ticket gundam. :spidey:

IF i new he was up to stuff like this before i wouldn't have sent a cent or recommended him to as many people as i did! I thought me roken and PP30 where the only ones he pulled this on!:wow::wow: And giving me a plan ticket wouldn't be a good move I can be a very violent man.... with just provocation .

Hey fellas,

Sorry to hear about this misfortune. Hopefully something can be resolved out of this. I myself had ordered a suit a while back from Nayef but he was good to give my deposit back. Although mine was only a few dollars compared to yours, i know that sinking feeling and helplessness.

OVDH... if your there dude. Please do the right thing.

Hey fellas,

Sorry to hear about this misfortune. Hopefully something can be resolved out of this. I myself had ordered a suit a while back from Nayef but he was good to give my deposit back. Although mine was only a few dollars compared to yours, i know that sinking feeling and helplessness.

OVDH... if your there dude. Please do the right thing.

i have asked for a refund or the suit over and over again.... he wont answear a damn thing and i know he has been on. He replys to e-mails of people asking about prices on his suits...:cmad:

I am really debating on picking up one of Yuri Schurcke's (am I spelling this right?) Spidey costume kits but I am so gun shy that I don't even want to order a pack of gum off the internet! Besides, I don't know how to put the thing together and I don't want to screw it up trying, (that would be $3400 I would be spending in the pursuit of a kick @#! Spidey costume). I just wish I had done my homework better before I bought the suit from Ollie! This situation has inspired me to throw my hat into the costuming ring.

I am really debating on picking up one of Yuri Schurcke's (am I spelling this right?) Spidey costume kits but I am so gun shy that I don't even want to order a pack of gum off the internet! Besides, I don't know how to put the thing together and I don't want to screw it up trying, (that would be $3400 I would be spending in the pursuit of a kick @#! Spidey costume). I just wish I had done my homework better before I bought the suit from Ollie! This situation has inspired me to throw my hat into the costuming ring.

I bought a kit from Schuurkes and have been amazed by it ever since I opened the box. Everything flows together so nicely. The kit isn't as hard as you'd think it is to put together. Just make sure you have a serger, and time. I've never sewn before (besides 8th grade FACS class) and I am almsot finished with mine.

The only problem is I don't think you can get them anymore.

I bought a kit from Schuurkes and have been amazed by it ever since I opened the box. Everything flows together so nicely. The kit isn't as hard as you'd think it is to put together. Just make sure you have a serger, and time. I've never sewn before (besides 8th grade FACS class) and I am almsot finished with mine.

The only problem is I don't think you can get them anymore.

I am most concerned about the webbing and how durable it is, that was my main concern with Ollie's suit,$2400 later and i'm stuck with these crappy webs, I need to be able to move in this thing and need the proper webs and glue before I commit to the kit.

I am most concerned about the webbing and how durable it is, that was my main concern with Ollie's suit,$2400 later and i'm stuck with these crappy webs, I need to be able to move in this thing and need the proper webs and glue before I commit to the kit.

The webs are so flexible, I don't think the fabric will stretch enough to allow you to break the webs. I can take a half inch of webbing and stretch it about 4-5 inches before it breaks. The longer pieces of webbing that you actually use on the suit stretches even better.

hold on..you spent $2400 on just webbing or on ollie's suit?
and if you spent in on his suit, did you receive it?

The webs are so flexible, I don't think the fabric will stretch enough to allow you to break the webs. I can take a half inch of webbing and stretch it about 4-5 inches before it breaks. The longer pieces of webbing that you actually use on the suit stretches even better.

the webs "seem" flexible, but after you wear them, it'll break soon enough.
that was the problem with urethane...u definitely need to maintain them.
but it looks kick ass! :woot:

I did my homework on Ollie, I read his post askesd everyone that ordered (that would answear PMs) a suit from him how long it took. what was the quality? ect.. ect.. I wish someone would have better informed me about him.
And yuri didn't start offering kits till after i sent half my money to ollie. If he offered one before hand i would have went with that and saved myself a mountain of money!!!!!:cmad:

the worst thing i hear about him was he was slow with e-mails sometimes..... I heard nothing about him taking money and ruining! or being4 to5 months late on a 2 month suit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"