Palicki/Lady Jaye interview

The Infernal

Mky Mk
Reaction score
MTV had this interview (copy/pasted on youknowwhere) with Adrianne Palicki/Lady Jaye. There is definitely an interesting tidbit here (to me anyway). Don't know if this is old news, but anyway...... (I've bolded the interesting bit in her answer)

MTV: The fan response to the "G.I. Joe" trailer seemed overwhelmingly positive.

Palicki: It was a pleasant surprise, because this is a reboot. It's scary going into the shoes that have already been worn. We wanted to do something really unique and special. With such an amazing group of talented actors, you don't want it to fall flat. How many people reached out, it's unbelievable to hear the comments that they're so excited, that the trailer is better than the first movie was. Just really cool reactions that you're going, "OK, hopefully we don't let you down." I really don't think we will. I think it's going to be a really fun ride for everybody.

MTV: It had to be a fun movie to shoot, right?

Palicki: Oh my God, it was a blast. Jon Chu, he's this genius. The thing that's so special about him is that he might be the biggest G.I. Joe fan on the planet, so that really came in our favor. He's young and interesting and full of ambition.

MTV: What was the scariest thing you had to do on set?

Palicki: We did have to scale a wall, but after seeing "Mission: Impossible 4," I'm like, "Well, I guess it wasn't that scary." An 18-foot wall compared to a skyscraper. The fun thing is that we get to do a lot of our own stunts.

MTV: How comfortable are you with a machine gun now?

Palicki: Between "Red Dawn," "Wonder Woman" and now "G.I. Joe," I feel like I could actually go and really harm some people with my hands. I feel like a Navy SEAL. It's been fun. I mean, I get paid to do this sh--. I get paid to shoot an AK-47 or a .50 cal or punch some dudes in the face or groin or whatever. It's a really fun job.

If this is true and not just spin then it could mean a brighter future for characters mishandled in the first movie (like that idiot Scarlett, Cobra Commander etc).

It's not a complete reboot because their following through with the story started in the first movie with some of the same actors, I won't be surprised if the Duke/Commander story is dropped but as for Scarlett it looks like she is going to be killed off along with the rest of the Joe's from the first movie (except Snake Eyes) so I don't think you will be seeing a better version of her later on.

It's a reboot in the sense that they are jettisoning almost all the actors and subplots from the first movie and virtually starting from scratch but they are carrying over some of those story threads.

So, John Chu is a G.I. Joe fan? That's nice to hear.

It sure explains why this actually looks a G.I. Joe film.

It's a reboot in the sense that they are jettisoning almost all the actors and subplots from the first movie and virtually starting from scratch but they are carrying over some of those story threads.

There's an interview with Tatum where he says he would have preferred a total reboot, but the studio wasn't keen on going with that. To me it still gives the impression that they may actually change some of the things from the first one. I'm still hoping that's the case (or that they can at least move more in that direction in another sequel if this movie takes off).

Though obviously there's going to be some things that do definitely carry over from the first (like President Zartan for example).

It's a good thing they jettisoned that ridiculous robot suits from the first movie that made them superhuman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"