• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Parallax and Ion to complicated for film?

What is WB scared of? That DC heroes are not as good as MARVEL?
Fear. Lack of faith. Contempt for super-heroes that aren't Batman and Superman. No interest in actively educating Hollywood to make movies about the DCU. No motivation. Take your pick.

Last edited:
parallax would be great as a two part film, but only if geoff johns is heavily involved in the storytelling.

Parallax/Ion would be good for the 2nd film
usually film series follow this structure

Film 1= Origin
Film 2= Darker Themed
Film 3= ....it varies

Think about it: Empire Strikes Back, Two Towers, X2, T2, TDK, Temple of Doom, upcoming Iron Man II

most always the second film is the darker themed one so Parallax/Ion/Red Lantern cops would be great for that

What do you guys think of the eventual introduction of both characters in later sequels to the Franchise. I personally think it would be awesome. Of course I am talking about the original Ion who was all powerful and could turn and alien force away with a mere thought.

well in the script
parallax and legion are kind of combined into one character

As long as they introduce it a lil bit in the first movie then it could work

Parallax/Ion would be good for the 2nd film
usually film series follow this structure

Film 1= Origin
Film 2= Darker Themed
Film 3= ....it varies

Think about it: Empire Strikes Back, Two Towers, X2, T2, TDK, Temple of Doom, upcoming Iron Man II

most always the second film is the darker themed one so Parallax/Ion/Red Lantern cops would be great for that
at this point i wanna show you how a typical story structure works and the trilogies typically follow a 3 act formula.

There's a Parallax nod in the Script, so, you never know. I really hope they don't turn Hal in to a villain. That was lame.

Fine... I think some bits and pieces from FINAL NIGHT (the sacrifice I spoke of) were actually retconned for REBIRTH. So, I guess your idea could work... also we need the FLASH to have something special as well... I'd love if in a JLA film Superman admits to FLASH being most powerful of the bunch...

man i would HATE that personally..the superman bit

I see no need for a Parallax story. I think it would just complicate things.

You just don't want to see Jordan become parallax. Parallax is the reason why there is a weakness among Green Lanterns to yellow and is necessary for future story telling. I don't see why he shouldn't be used. Ion would basically be the yin to Parallax's yang.

Last edited:
Fine... I think some bits and pieces from FINAL NIGHT (the sacrifice I spoke of) were actually retconned for REBIRTH. So, I guess your idea could work... also we need the FLASH to have something special as well... I'd love if in a JLA film Superman admits to FLASH being most powerful of the bunch...
Flash isn't the most powerful JLA member, its Martian Manhunter.

There's a Parallax nod in the Script, so, you never know. I really hope they don't turn Hal in to a villain. That was lame.
Actually I thought that was insanely cool. I really liked Rayner as the last GL and I liked that a character I loved developed into a villain. (just like the two-face quote) If one wanted to, you could make it like a mini version of Darth Vaders arc.

Flash's speed transcends J'onn's. Can't he become pure energy or something that can run through the fabric of reality or something. I dunno I just remember that.

I know he can travel between dimensions.

Parallax (basically the Harvey Dent/Two-Face idea on steroids) done right could make for one very grand epic film.

Flash's speed transcends J'onn's. Can't he become pure energy or something that can run through the fabric of reality or something. I dunno I just remember that.
On speed Flash wins. That doesn't make Flash the most powerful, though. J'onn excels at versatility with super-strength, fight, intangibility, super-speed, telepathy and all other exotic powers he has. He's the swiss army knife of the JLA.

NO PARALLAX! :angry:

At least, not possesing Hal. :oldrazz:

You don't understand. Having a hero go rogue is a part of great storytelling. Heros like Beowulf, Gilgamesh, Hercules, and Anakin Skywalker went rogue and eventually were redeemed. These were all part of epic stories. The same thing should happen in the Green Lantern trilogy if you want it to be "done right".

It can be "done right" without the GODDAM PARALLAX STORY!

On speed Flash wins. That doesn't make Flash the most powerful, though. J'onn excels at versatility with super-strength, fight, intangibility, super-speed, telepathy and all other exotic powers he has. He's the swiss army knife of the JLA.
sure he has a majority of that but it is all kind of trumped if the flash could just turn into a flash of power that transcends time and could just simple light martian manhunter on fire.

sure he has a majority of that but it is all kind of trumped if the flash could just turn into a flash of power that transcends time and could just simple light martian manhunter on fire.
True.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"