• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Age of Extinction Paramount Sets Transformers 2 Release Date

Shinobi Rendar

Civilian
Reaction score
somewhere here: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-dreamworks21sep21,0,7248157.story?coll=la-home-business

Even if he leaves, Spielberg will remain the crown jewel of the acquisition for many years. He and director Michael Bay have signed on to make "Transformers 2," scheduled to hit theaters in the summer of 2009.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=151947

Looks like the speculation is over. According to the LATimes, Transformers 2 is scheduled for the summer of 2009 and both Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay have signed up for it.

You can see Transformers on IMAX with 2 extra minutes of footage in theatres right now. Click the discuss link below to see what other fans are saying.

WOW! Great news! I hope they won't rush the script though. Could they have tipped someone to write the script already or are Orci and Kurtzman doing it secretly?

Oh my God. Transformers 2, Justice League, Robotech and possibly G.I. Joe out in the same year. I can't wait.

O.K.Lets assume that there's gonna be more viusals/ FX involved. Doesn't that mean they should at least have a script ready soon so that they can start shooting the pre-effects stuff, so it'll be ready in time..?

They might've been working on the script for a while, for all we know.

Michael might set aside Prince of Persia to do the sequel. Very interesting. I think some visual effects have already been done. (Michael Bay mentioned that he already has a new Transformer cooking in his mind. I'm sure concept artists are modeling that).

That would make sense considering Orci & Kurtzman are relatively free. They have nothing on the schedule beside Star Trek 11, a film which will soon hit production, then slowly ease away from any help the duo could give.

I hope it is true. But I also don't want them them to rush script. If it is true, then we can probably expect an announcement saying who is writing the sequel. Maybe they're bringing back John Rogers to pen TF2?

That would make sense considering Orci & Kurtzman are relatively free. They have nothing on the schedule beside Star Trek 11, a film which will soon hit production, then slowly ease away from any help the duo could give.

The writers of TF1 said they weren't coming back. This was pretty much confirmed, unless there has been a RECENT change.

Bay stated in a recent interview that there has been no work on a TF2 script. It was on the SHH front page.....

Michael Bay on Transformers 2 and IMAX
Source: Michael Bay
September 17, 2007

Transformers director Michael Bay has commented on his official message board about the IMAX release and sequel:

"But I just saw the first IMAX print of 'Transformers'. Not depressing - freakin AWESOME! They need to bottle the magic of IMAX because it's the future of cinema.

"It comes out next Friday the 21st. I added some extra scenes.

"'Transformers 2', well that's another story. Iching [sic] to work pre-strike (June) so I might jump ship and come back a year or so later cause people at the studio have been dragging for two months. Not sure why. I'll keep you informed."

Because of the pending strike, all the filming needs to be done pre-May 2008 because once the strike hits (if it happens) there's no telling how long it will last. If it last 8 months or so, there's not way they can film TF2 and get the FX done by summer of 2009.....

The writers of TF1 said they weren't coming back. This was pretty much confirmed, unless there has been a RECENT change.

They were saying that to keep the heat off Trans2. I don't even think they knew at the time whether r' not when StarTrek would go into production. Anyway - Michael Bay has been known to lie a lil' bit. Remember that Transformers 2 fiasco?

"I'm not coming back."
"Maybe."
"I dunno.."
"They shoved millions in my face. I'm back." :hyper:

oh good, 2009! that way, i wouldn't be so worried about cullen's voice aging a bit more. :trans:

Good news. Now let's just see how they top the first.

Michael might set aside Prince of Persia to do the sequel. Very interesting. I think some visual effects have already been done. (Michael Bay mentioned that he already has a new Transformer cooking in his mind. I'm sure concept artists are modeling that).

That would be a transforming aircraft carrier.

nice! i'll definitely go see it. I wonder if the cast from the first one are all returning. But they should still get more people.

^ I'm pretty sure that Shia, Megan and Josh are returning. I'm not sure about the rest, though.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=37625

Paramount Sets Transformers 2 Release Date
Source: Box Office Mojo
September 24, 2007

Despite a recent comment from Transformers director Michael Bay that the studio hasn't been going full speed ahead on a sequel because of the possible strike next year, Paramount Pictures has now set a June 29, 2009 release date for Transformers 2. It is unclear who all will return for the sequel, as far as crew and cast members. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

The only other movie currently scheduled for the July 4th weekend in 2009 is Fox's Ice Age III.

Cool! At least they got the groundwork for the transforming effects done with the first film so it shouldn't take them as long with the effects. I don't see a reason for Josh's character to be back in the sequel though. I just hope they don't rush the script.

I just have one plea:

NO DINOBOTS PLEASE!!!!

That's all, thank you. :word:

Dunno if they have changed; but the email I got said

JUNE 26TH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"