Part V (Spoiler Thread)

I've enjoyed moments Obi Wan, but overall... I may have been expecting too much from it. Episode 5 has been the only one I would say I enjoyed throughout most of it, but it still had some head scratching moments...

One thing George Lucas did, is explore new planets, had different ship designs, new species in every film. Disney just seems to retread a lot of stuff... and it gets old after awhile. I'm tired of sand planets lol. Seems like there's more humans than aliens in the galaxy now too.

George also would push new technology... I don't think Lucasfilm really does that as much now (correct me if I'm wrong)

I can't wait until they completely move away from the Skywalker saga honestly lol.

And AOTC was always the weakest in the Lucas films to me... but I'd take that over some of the new Star Wars... (I do love that scene shared above, seeing Coruscant like that was so awesome.)
Yeah its about New ideas and designs and stuff like that. Go away from the Skywalker storylines.

Yeah, they’ve referenced Qui-Gon so much, he HAS to show up in this episode. I just hope they de-aging tech is working this time (unlike what they did with Hayden last week lol).

Can't lie... if Qui-Gon Jinn doesn't show up, I'mma be pretty disappointed. Already name dropped Quinlan... I thought we would have seen him by now.

I thought the reveal this episode actually provided clarity to Reva's motivations. My read was that her obsession all along was simply Vader. She just knew Obi-Wan was the key to drawing him out which was why she was hell bent on Kenobi and thought that emotional connection would give her a tactical advantage over Vader. As for the title of Grand Inquisitor, I don't believe she actually ever said she had any designs on attaining it; that's what other characters assumed. Ultimately she was using any means necessary to get close to Vader, possibly win his trust then kill him. Everyone else was just collateral damage to her accomplishing that goal.

Also, don't forget, she's been mainlining the Dark Side probably since the very day of Order 66. This is *bad* for one's mental health and ethical habits. Of course she's turned into a monster as an Inquisitor despite doing it to get at Vader; that's what embracing the Dark Side does, and she's been doing it for a decade. There is no "But I'm doing it for a good reason" get out of jail free card.

I think we will get a Qui Gon appearance but as a voice only. I really don’t he will appear unless it’s a flashback. I remember that one Clone Wars episode when Yoda goes to Dagobah and Qui Gon appears to Yoda as a voice only. Qui Gon even tells Yoda he can’t manifest himself as he never finished his training. Unless the just retcon all that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"