Part V (Spoiler Thread)

It's your brain trying to match up that look and hair, with his older face. Which simply doesn't compute. It's some uncanny valley ****. :funny:
Nevertheless, it was nice to actually get to see Hayden give us a worthy performance as Anakin. He reminded me a lot more of Clone Wars Anakin. It was clear that he had anger and control issues, but he was much more likeable and charismatic here than in the prequels here. His smirk when he thought he had beaten Obi-Wan was awesome. Although this series has been far from consistent in terms of writing and direction, you can really see Hayden's potential to have been a great Anakin, had the circumstances been better when the prequels were made in terms of writing, direction, his experience level, etc.

Ewan continues to show his mastery of this role. Horrible mullet hairstyling and make-up aside, you could clearly tell that he was playing his younger Kenobi in the flashbacks and he brought back a lot of the hallmarks of his AOTC and ROTS performances whereas his present day performance clearly has more age, pain, and world weariness to it and more strongly draws on Guinness's mannerisms and movements (when he goes off to take Bail's call, his movements remind me so much of Alec sneaking around the Death Star in ANH).

While I am not a fan of the black-grey colour scheme of Kenobi's new robes (its just not consistent with the character's colour scheme in any other appearance), I gotta say I love the Samurai-style sleeveless over robe he picked up here. That was an inspired costume design choice.

I've been thinking about this version of Vader's costume and conducted a bit of a deep dive on the RPF. Although it looks miles better than the Rogue One version with its weird neck, I wish they had kept the ANH-style matte finish to the helmet and armour. The cleaner, glossier finish draws too much attention to the two tone paint scheme, which I understand had more contrast in ANH (probably due to the more matte finish), but was toned more and more successively with each of ESB and ROTJ.

I want a young Obi miniseries about the year Obi and Quigon spent on the run protecting Satine from assassins.
I like the sound of that. Actually as many of the elements of Clone Wars that can be brought to live action the better (just execute them as well as Cline Wars).

Hot damn, Vader was awesome in this episode. From bringing that ship down to force-pwning Reva. I could watch a whole show about Vader.

Although… apparently gut stabs in this universe aren’t fatal if the Grand Inquisitor is any indication so why not finish the job on Reva? I’m guessing she’ll survive since we didn’t see her die, but I don’t think she should, simply because it makes Vader look like a chump for accidentally not killing her twice.

Vader was awesome.
Grand Inquisitor was awful…was more like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs.

I’m guessing she’ll survive since we didn’t see her die, but I don’t think she should, simply because it makes Vader look like a chump for accidentally not killing her twice

My takeaway was that Vader is indifferent to whether she lives or dies. His stab through the gut was more a means to make her relive what he did to her years before signifying he recognized her too. If she survives, then his thought is so what, she's no threat to him after that clinic he performed on her. That's probably the closest we'll get to a Don Draper "I don't think about you at all" scene in Star Wars.

Some very cool flashbacks, Vader was cool. But uhh, how many times does Reva get off the hook? I don't think I've seen Vader spare someone so many times in any medium he's been in lol.
For me, it felt that Vader thought so little of her in their duel that he didnt even bother to kill her and just let her live with her failure; he didnt think her worthy of even pulling out his lightsaber to fight her. Sith are arrogant and Anakin/Vader is right up there. Him knowing she had been trying to get to him for so long, what better way than to punish her by letting her live with her failure? My thoughts anyways, that's how i interpreted the whole thing.

"Just so we are clear. That's ANAKIN SKYWALKER'S son. Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight."
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Last edited:
Yeah, no one ever survives anything life threatening in Star Wars...

1r7IYZe.gif

8z3O4Ed.gif

WmTYdRi.gif

to be fair Darth Maul died there, the clone wars story is just fan fiction to me.

Also who is “Disney”? I see that take a lot. That “Disney” is ruining Star Wars. That “Disney” doesn’t get Star Wars. Like who is Disney to you? Is it the shareholders? The board? Kennedy? Iger? Who do you mean when you refer to Disney?

I don’t like Disney, the corporation, much either, but for like, real-life reasons, not space wizards reasons.

When I say Disney I mean anyone that touches the property at any level in the company They don't understand star wars from the force to death to the lure or how lightsabers work. They bought 6 movies that were established and a complete story. Sure the mew movies made a billion dollars but that doesn't mean they were any good.

When I say Disney I mean anyone that touches the property at any level in the company They don't understand star wars from the force to death to the lure or how lightsabers work. They bought 6 movies that were established and a complete story. Sure the mew movies made a billion dollars but that doesn't mean they were any good.

I just don’t agree. There hasn’t been anything noticeable in the Disney era that hasn’t already happened under Lucas. Like what specifically do you think “everyone who touches the property at any level” (?) doesn’t get, all collectively, that you do?

For me, it felt that Vader thought so little of her in their duel that he didnt even bother to kill her and just let her live with her failure; he didnt think her worthy of even pulling out his lightsaber to fight her. Sith are arrogant and Anakin/Vader is right up there. Him knowing she had been trying to get to him for so long, what better way than to punish her by letting her live with her failure? My thoughts anyways, that's how i interpreted the whole thing.

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Not a bad interpretation. I can see it from that angle. I do still feel Vader should have axed her by now though lol.

I just don’t agree. There hasn’t been anything noticeable in the Disney era that hasn’t already happened under Lucas. Like what specifically do you think “everyone who touches the property at any level” (?) doesn’t get, all collectively, that you do?

We will just agree to disagree

We will just agree to disagree
You can agree to disagree. But you also stated that material that Lucas himself worked on wasn't considered canon. So I'm super curious what examples you have that wouldn't fall under happening during Lucas' tenure.

The Darth Vader scenes are really cool. The serie has its ups and downs, but its mostly positive. Hope for a next season with some better writers, because some dialogue is really bad.

It's making Boba Fett look like a season of Barry but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"