Peaky Blinders - 1920's BBC Gangster Series Starring Cillian Murphy

chamber-music

Infinity Ammo
Reaction score
CILLIAN_GRADED.jpg

SAM_GRADED.jpg

The six-part series is coming to BBC2 in September 2013

Starring Cillian Murphy, Sam Neill, Helen McCrory, Paul Anderson, Iddo Goldberg, Charlie Creed-Miles, Annabelle Wallis, Joe Cole, Sophie Rundle, and acclaimed poet Benjamin Zephaniah.

music from Jack White, Mercury Music Prize Nominee Sam Lee and Nick Cave, whose "Red Right Hand" provides the title track, Peaky Blinders is set to bring a fresh new cinematic world to the small screen.

608.jpg

Set in the lawless streets of post-war Birmingham on the cusp of the 1920s, Peaky Blinders is said to show “a Britain that is a tumultuous mix of despair and hedonism, a nation cleaned out by the extravagances of the Great War.”

Cillian Murphy plays Thomas Shelby, leader of the most feared and powerful local gang, the Peaky Blinders.

Named for their practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps, they make money from illegal betting, protection and the black market.

But when a crate of guns goes missing from an arms factory, their battle-hardened leader recognises an opportunity to move up in the world.

As rival gangs, Communist revolutionaries and IRA Fenians descend on Small Heath in pursuit of the weapons; Winston Churchill despatches a ruthless police chief from Belfast (Sam Neill) to impose order on an increasingly lawless city and recover the guns.

Peaky_Blinders_45241.jpg

pu_UGlyol.jpg

Teaser Trailer
[YT]BQ-r47OZJUM[/YT]

Clip
[YT]UF9t88hbL9k[/YT]

Last edited:
I loved when Charlie Creed Miles mobster Billy Kimber strolled into the pub

This series is great. I can't wait for Tom Hardy to join the cast in series Two...

Noah Taylor from Tomb Raider, Submarine, Lawless, Almost Famous, The Proposition, Wes Anderson’s The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou and TV’s Game of Thrones is joining the cast as well as Charlotte Riley who will be is joining her real life fiancee Tom Hardy in season 2 of Peaky Blinders

Last edited:
I finally caught up with the first Series. Pretty damn good stuff. Can't wait for Series 2!

I wonder what accent Hardy will use in this role?

Shouldn't series 2 be starting soon? I can't wait to see Murphy and Hardy square up...

Trailer:

[YT]W_62ZKR9rK0[/YT]

I also caught a glimpse of Hardy's real wife Charlotte Riley.

With that beard, Hardy looks more like some Victorian ragamuffin villain than a gangster from the 1910s/1920s.

I didn't know Noah Taylor was guest starring this season.

Great start to Series 2!

Paul Anderson is f*****g fantastic. The way he plays his character 'Arthur Shelby' is amazing.

Crane and Bane. :awesome:

''Not bad eh, not bad!''

Tom's dipped into his hat and pulled out one of his goofy accents.

Holy cow what a start to series 2.

London ain't nothing to mess with.

I loved seeing the Shelby bros going on a tear up.

I guess they killed off Freddie Thorne because the actor was doing the show Salem. His character in Peaky Blinders was far more interesting than his Salem one.

Campbell returning to cause Tommy hell

Do we know for a fact that Alfie Solomons is actually an antagonist?

A far removed cousin of Forrest Bondurant, perhaps. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"