Deadpool 2 Perhaps Deadpool and X-Men should be separate universes?

No thanks. I'm done with the FoX-Men until they get new blood on the main series..

The X-Men series is garbage anyway.

Look at all the great characters Singer has wasted.

At least if other mutants pop up in the Deadpool films they'll actually have some personality and not just be cardboard cut outs with powers.

Perhaps? ... I'd say, no doubt about it. The current X-Men Universe needs to be scrapped, as is, and started over IMO. They set themselves up for that very nicely with First Class... but alas, they never embraced the idea of a fresh start. I don't want Deadpool having to take on the baggage of the current X-Men cinematic canon. Their universe is too inconsistent and contradictory as it is.

Deadpool is part of the same universe and any thought otherwise is just gonna have people disappointed in the long run.

I am almost certain no one working on Deadpool is seeing it as a different universe.

I know a lot of people think Deadpool is in separate universe but there is a big problem.
If DP team introduce some famous X-Men like Cable and maybe Sinister in Deadpool 2, his theory will be irrevelant soon if they don't reboot the main serie.

Deadpool is one thing but others charachers like Cable have strong link with the X-Men. If they introduce Sinister, things will be even more complicated.

From Hutch Parker

"Well as you know, it’s kind of implicit in your question, it just opens a whole series of doors. I think that was part of what was so exciting of adding him to the mix is, not only what he brings as a character – and I think what I think Brolin will bring to the part, which I think was just brilliant casting – but it expands the landscape again and gives us more flexibility and opportunity which is one of the ways we can keep this franchise feeling vibrant and exciting and fresh – by introducing elements that are exciting and dynamic and different.

His isn't producer of Deadpool 2 but he talks how use Cable so ...

Last edited:
Yes. They should be until Fox reboots the Uncanny X-Men and we could finally witness Deadpool/X-Force cross over with the X-Men!

Don't know what's keeping them so long. X-Factor hasn't even been tried yet. OT with FC has and it broke down the door to explore other mutants besides X1. I agree about the scrapping, but it needs to be done with a plan, let Singer nowhere near it. Hire a comic writer for the treatment, or just an actual fan of the franchise to direct. Someone who cares about getting the characters right without it being childish and frustrating to watch.

Deadpool , Legion and Gifted are in x-movies universe. But we'll never see interactions between them, like Defenders serie and Avengers movies.

Except some x-men characters who appears and mentioned in deadpool movies like Colossus and Xavier. I want Cyclops and Wolverine's cameos in Deadpool 2

Deadpool , Legion and Gifted are in x-movies universe. But we'll never see interactions between them, like Defenders serie and Avengers movies.

Except some x-men characters who appears and mentioned in deadpool movies like Colossus and Xavier. I want Cyclops and Wolverine's cameos in Deadpool 2

there was leaked concept art that suggested colossus in deadpool 2 may look closer to last stand and dofp than in deadpool.

legion is kind of stand alone though if patrick stewart appears that is connection.the gifted is more complicated.some rumors suggest ir could take place in original timeline leading up to dofp and other says takes place after westchester incident of logan.and rumors are original trilogy actors like james marsden and anna paquin might cameo on it.

bottom line here is deadpool is part of X-Men film universe even though some don't want it to be so.deadpool 2 is likely setting up X-force.

I want X-Men movies as their own thing with Deadpool using it's own versions of the characters. X-Men can have Negasonic and Peter but only if they're not the same versions.

I'm iffy if I want DP to cross over as he is though.

Spin off Deadpool and New Mutants are in same universe than X-men, new timeline.

I want new x-men members in Deadpool, still Colossus and Negasonic become boring

The New Mutants doesn't even look like the New Mutants, that could be a 1 and done and be over just like the First Class films next year, when a new company gets Fox.

X-men's Fox need to be rebooted. Disney cant gets x-men in MCU because no mentions of mutants, Quiksilver and Wanda are not mutants

DOFP retcon was useless, Fox always s*****

There could be a reboot once Marvel' gets the rights soon! Fingers cross to that!

Deadpoll was part of X-men saga but as Disney has rights now Deadpool movies can be part of MCU universe without reboot.

We considered Colossus is the same Colossus we saw at end of DOFP but we can merge deadpool movies with MCU and Colossus from Deadpool become Colossus from x-men rebooted

Colossus and X-hangar from Deadpool movies and X-men movies are very different

Remaining X-men Wolverine movies need reboot

Deadpoll was part of X-men saga but as Disney has rights now Deadpool movies can be part of MCU universe without reboot.

We considered Colossus is the same Colossus we saw at end of DOFP but we can merge deadpool movies with MCU and Colossus from Deadpool become Colossus from x-men rebooted

Colossus and X-hangar from Deadpool movies and X-men movies are very different

Remaining X-men Wolverine movies need reboot

I agree that there is little reason that Deadpool and it’s sequel can’t be MCU canon. I mean I think it’s universally agreed at this point that that film worked, it’s not bogged down in any of Fox’s nonsensical continuity problems, and Ryan Reynolds IS Deadpool. They just need to introduce Mutants into the MCU (there are some great suggestions for this over at the Marvel board) and then set DP1 after that. They can, and I’m sure will, make some 4th wall continuity jokes out of it too. I see no issue with an R-Rated Marvel Knights or Marvel Max line of MCU connected films. I picture them like the Netflix series but with actual film crossover opportunities. With the obvious understanding that most of the event films will be PG-13 (which again allows for lots of 4th wall breaking humor by Deadpool).

As to the X-Men they need to 100% be rebooted and started fresh. With the obvious exception of Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead of course.

As to the X-Men they need to 100% be rebooted and started fresh. With the obvious exception of Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead of course.

Agreed

Deadpool was considered as part of X-men Fox shared universe but now it would be better to be part of MCU

Incredible Hulk 2008 wasnt pretended to be part of MCU at the beginning but finally it was integrated

Huh? It was intended to be part of the MCU from the start, back in 2006.

Deadpool and the X-men series are already separate at this point.

How so? Also I read [BLACKOUT]there are some X-Men cameos that will prove otherwise. [/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]But from whom? Current cast is stuck in the past?[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]But from whom? Current cast is stuck in the past?[/BLACKOUT]

Yep, which if true will pretty much confirm [BLACKOUT]the OT Cast is done.[/BLACKOUT]

How so? Also I read [BLACKOUT]there are some X-Men cameos that will prove otherwise. [/BLACKOUT]

Deadpool is just operating on its own time independent of the X-Men movies.

Even the X-Men characters who do appear in Deadpool bear minimal resemblance or connection to the ones in previous 20th Century Fox films.

The mansion and X Jet are all the same though. Nothing has really went out and said this is separate.

In fairness, even the X-Men movies don't hold up to keeping the same looks or characters. Look at Beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"