Peter Parker Jewish in Spider-Man films?

Well, Stan Lee is Jewish, so that's probably where it comes from. :)

It doesn't matter what religion spiderman is he is a fictional man, also if you do want him to have a religion think of him as any religion or if you must your religion.
Thank you

Last edited:
It's not that I would like Peter any more or any less based on his religion but it's certainly interesting to think about.

Anyway in Spidey 1, May is performing the Lord's Prayer; In 2 she thanks the statue of Mary for saving her; and in 3 Peter goes to a Catholic church to free himself of the symbiote.

Aloha,
Good eyes.
In the comics-the marriage that never happened took place in a church between Peter and MJ.
The marriage that almost happened between Doc Ock and Aunt May was officiated by a minister not a Rabbi.

But Connors didn't say Shalom:huh:

Spidey rules

Aloha,
Good eyes.
In the comics-the marriage that never happened took place in a church between Peter and MJ.
The marriage that almost happened between Doc Ock and Aunt May was officiated by a minister not a Rabbi.

But Connors didn't say Shalom:huh:

Spidey rules

Peter celebrated Christmas in the comics too.

I'm pretty sure that's all definitive evidence that he was raised Christian.

Celebrating Christmas isn't hard evidence that someone is Christian, but yeah, Parker's probably a vague sort of Christian.

If Pete was a Jew they'd have mentioned it by now heh.

Celebrating Christmas does not make you Christian.

Neither does getting married in a church.

616 Spidey is confirmed to be protestant.

I also think Raimi Spidey is christian, though.

Can you give an example of this? I always assumed his family was Christian or something, but he was either an atheist or agnostic.

I remember reading it in a book, ha. Not the best source, I know.

A number of Spidey writers (Lee, Peter David, Bendis, etc.) have written Peter with very Jewish characteristics. He lives in Forest Hills, Queens with his doting aunt, works hard in school and his a bit nerdy, was nothing like the high school jock Flash Thompson...you get the point. Like I said, it was never explicit, but the argument can definitely be made.

It doesn't matter what religion spiderman is he is a fictional man, also if you do want him to have a religion think of him as any religion or if you must your religion.
Thank you

I think it's fair to say he's not an atheist, but the argument could be made for agnostic, deist, Christian, or Jew. There are enough examples to state that he believes in some type of higher power or order (see the link below), but it's hard to pin down a specific systematic theology.

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/SpiderMan.html

Ugh pretty sure he was a Muslim I mean he never are beacon and because Fox News says so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"