• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Peter Parker - The Spectacular Spider-Man

Well I just finished reading all the completed chapters, and I've got to say that this is a very impressive story. I look forward to the next entry.

:spidey::up:

Thanks for the compliment, man. I think I'll be getting a chapter up tonight.

I like it. How did you manage to get the text in different colors?

Cool. By the way, love the Casablanca quote. I did a thesis in college about propaganda films and it was a pleasure to watch. So...more webhead?

Well.. it's good, but not great. Could be better, honestly. Consider writing Peter less as a conflicted smart mouth and more a disturbed or sick individual, as the former has been done before. I don't meant to detract from your vision and work, this is just contructive criticism, so bear with me. Spider-Man works best as a character going out on high-concept missions, facing unbelievable odds and doing battle withs strange, supernatural villains. Encountering amazing and other-worldly artifacts is the order of the day in Spider-Man's world, at least in my opinion. You might please a wider audience if you up the action and the tension. Try to work in more and more characters from throughout the Spider-Man mythos to fill in whatever might be lacking with your story. Keep the audience distracted with characters, action and compelling/confusing choices and they will be satisfied and entertained, and you won't have to worry so much about the details.

Last edited:
Why would Peter Parker be interacting with villains that are "supernatural or strange" at this point? He has yet to even put on a costume or try to use his powers. I'm not really doing this to keep the audience entertained, per se. I'm here to tell a good story and that, clearly, stems only from worrying about the details. If the story is good, when written, at least, the rest will follow. I appreciate the fact that you took your time to write that out, and that you're giving me some... advice... but, sorry, I'm not really going to follow it.

Edit: This came off as a little harsh. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Why would Peter Parker be interacting with villains that are "supernatural or strange" at this point? He has yet to even put on a costume or try to use his powers. I'm not really doing this to keep the audience entertained, per se. I'm here to tell a good story and that, clearly, stems only from worrying about the details. If the story is good, when written, at least, the rest will follow. I appreciate the fact that you took your time to write that out, and that you're giving me some... advice... but, sorry, I'm not really going to follow it.
You have to write what your heart tells you, I understand.

THIS IS AMAZING? HOW LONG TILL THE NEXT SCENE?:) i really like it :D

I'm writing it right now, but the pacing is becoming something of a challenge.

okay, im loving it!!! you should send this to marvel and see if marvel likes it

Last edited:
Well.. it's good, but not great. Could be better, honestly. Consider writing Peter less as a conflicted smart mouth and more a disturbed or sick individual, as the former has been done before. I don't meant to detract from your vision and work, this is just contructive criticism, so bear with me. Spider-Man works best as a character going out on high-concept missions, facing unbelievable odds and doing battle withs strange, supernatural villains. Encountering amazing and other-worldly artifacts is the order of the day in Spider-Man's world, at least in my opinion. You might please a wider audience if you up the action and the tension. Try to work in more and more characters from throughout the Spider-Man mythos to fill in whatever might be lacking with your story. Keep the audience distracted with characters, action and compelling/confusing choices and they will be satisfied and entertained, and you won't have to worry so much about the details.

:lmao:

Are you Michael Bay hiding behind your monitor?

It's limping along. Starting a new chapter with the start of the school year was a bad choice.

I've been reading this off and on even before I joined. Good stuff. Inspires me with my own writing. :woot:

Love it Buzz! I mean Pete! :D Bump!
Thanks a ton.

This is actually going to be my writing week. I'm going on vacation from Thursday until Tuesday, so even though my days will be busy, hopefully my evenings will permit me to get some writing done.

I've been reading this off and on even before I joined. Good stuff. Inspires me with my own writing. :woot:
Thanks very much, glad you've been enjoying it. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"