• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Phase One vs. Phase Two: Which did you prefer?

I actually agree thatAnt Man felt like a Phase One film. In fact, it very much reminded me of a more overtly-comedic IM in many ways (although I didn't find it to be anywhere near as good as IM). Heck it even had a bald evil corporate bad guy who tries to take over the hero's company and has a grudge, oh and jumps into a super-suit for a third act fight scene. This is likely do to it being in-development for so damn long.

Which isn't a problem per se, but it did make it a rather awkward choice to END Phase Two on. I actually don't know why they did that, Phase Two seemed to be all about expanding/going bigger. And that movie, well wasn't. Plus ending each Phase with an Avengers film seems really right/natural to me. I'd have made AM the first film of Phase Three personally.

I agree with this,it also clearly ties to Civil War.

Phase 2 gave us much better movies.

Phase 1 was fun, it was new and exciting. But with Phase 2, I can really see that the writers, actors, directors, and everyone from the top on down who's involved with these projects have really hit their strides now.

I have to disagree with a few of Loki's points, Ant-Man was expansion by adding brand new characters to the universe, and as far as Avengers ending the phase...I think kicking off the summer with Avengers was more important to them.

It is the coda, the bridge to phase 3. I think Civil War back to back with Age of Ultron would be a little much. Ant-Man switches up the pace between the two huge spectacles.

Phase 1 without a doubt. Sure Phase 2 had some really good stuff. But most of Phase 2 just felt like a set up for Phase 3.

I have to disagree with a few of Loki's points, Ant-Man was expansion by adding brand new characters to the universe, and as far as Avengers ending the phase...I think kicking off the summer with Avengers was more important to them.

It is the coda, the bridge to phase 3. I think Civil War back to back with Age of Ultron would be a little much. Ant-Man switches up the pace between the two huge spectacles.

So did IM2, and TWS, Yet they didn't end their respective "Phases." And AOU/CW are coming out a year apart, so no I don't agree that it'd be "too much." Nor do I believe that most of the GA would either.

I think the complaint is kind of a non-issue, and you did say it isn't necessarily a problem, so on that we can agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"