Pixar's Inside Out 2 (June 14, 2024)

Excellent. This is one Pixar movie you could make many sequels out of.

Really bummed out to hear why Hader and Kailing aren’t returning. You’d think they’d get way more based on both of their successful careers.

On one hand, it would be nice if they branched out to other voice actors, rather than sticking with names.

On the other, **** those money offers. Down right Zaslavian.
Has Pixar ever really had an issue with their voice talent? I love VO actors, but Pixar almost always tailors their characters to their actors. Inside Out was a perfect example of that and was all the better for it.

Really bummed out to hear why Hader and Kailing aren’t returning. You’d think they’d get way more based on both of their successful careers.
With the talk of new, complex emotions, there is a chance everyone but Joy (the main character) is going to a bit sidelined.

I'd never considered the potential of an Inside Out sequel but to have one without Hader and Kaling?

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

Has Pixar ever really had an issue with their voice talent? I love VO actors, but Pixar almost always tailors their characters to their actors. Inside Out was a perfect example of that and was all the better for it.

Its a bit more of a general critique of the industry, I guess.

Still, what kind of names can you attract with those kind of rates? Jesus, I rarely care about actor pay disputes, but the disparity there is god damn insulting.

Its a bit more of a general critique of the industry, I guess.

Still, what kind of names can you attract with those kind of rates? Jesus, I rarely care about actor pay disputes, but the disparity there is god damn insulting.
Lewis Black? :o

I'd never considered the potential of an Inside Out sequel but to have one without Hader and Kaling?

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif
To be fair, they found someone who sounds just like Dash, over a decade later.

To be fair, they found someone who sounds just like Dash, over a decade later.
Different circumstances there. A recast was understandably expected for Incredibles 2 since the original actor for Dash had long since hit puberty, same deal with Nemo in Finding Dory. Here they're deliberately short-changing Hader and Kaling, which is especially insulting to Hader since he's been in a bunch of Pixar films besides Inside Out.

It's also possible that the rest of the emotions besides Joy are barely in the movie, which would be an odd storytelling choice. Like yeah, Joy was pretty much the main character in the first one and her and Sadness had a good deal more screentime than the others but if anything I'd think people would want to see more of the dynamic of the five emotions working together, not less.

Different circumstances there. A recast was understandably expected for Incredibles 2 since the original actor for Dash had long since hit puberty, same deal with Nemo in Finding Dory. Here they're deliberately short-changing Hader and Kaling, which is especially insulting to Hader since he's been in a bunch of Pixar films besides Inside Out.

It's also possible that the rest of the emotions besides Joy are barely in the movie, which would be an odd storytelling choice. Like yeah, Joy was pretty much the main character in the first one and her and Sadness had a good deal more screentime than the others but if anything I'd think people would want to see more of the dynamic of the five emotions working together, not less.
I don't disagree about the first. It's an embarrassment and another example of the crapiness of Chapek.

It's more a question to me if it effects the final product. As to the lack of other emotions, my money is on the new emotions playing a big role in the flick. The emotional complexities of growing up.

I don't disagree about the first. It's an embarrassment and another example of the crapiness of Chapek.

It's more a question to me if it effects the final product. As to the lack of other emotions, my money is on the new emotions playing a big role in the flick. The emotional complexities of growing up.
I only regret that I'm not at D23 to boo Chapek in person.

And yeah, it's hard to speculate without knowing more about it. Introducing more emotions seems like a no-brainer but then it also brings up the question as to why Riley's mom and dad, and the cat, dog, and everyone else from the brilliant credits in the first one still only had the same five basic emotions that Riley has. But that's just me overthinking. :o

And yeah, it's hard to speculate without knowing more about it. Introducing more emotions seems like a no-brainer but then it also brings up the question as to why Riley's mom and dad, and the cat, dog, and everyone else from the brilliant credits in the first one still only had the same five basic emotions that Riley has. But that's just me overthinking. :o
The answer, as always, is, "they didn't think about it back then". :hehe:

I'm a little concerned that Pete Docter isn't back as director. He's the MVP of Pixar, though I guess he hasn't directed a sequel to any of his films.

I'm a little concerned that Pete Docter isn't back as director. He's the MVP of Pixar, though I guess he hasn't directed a sequel to any of his films.
Yeah, that gave me pause too - especially as the director hasn't got a feature under their belt I can fall back on and go "oh, well that one was good." But LeFauve is back and I imagine Docter will have at least some degree of involvement given the way they develop ideas over there, so hoping for the best.

Yeah, that gave me pause too - especially as the director hasn't got a feature under their belt I can fall back on and go "oh, well that one was good." But LeFauve is back and I imagine Docter will have at least some degree of involvement given the way they develop ideas over there, so hoping for the best.
He runs the studio now, right? He should be heavily involved.

The other emotions were on break when we saw the others....

Also, puberty hormones really ****s you up.

Looks meh. I liked the first but Joy really got on my nerves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"