Poll - Best Solo Movie - Doctor Strange, Black Panther, or Ant-Man ???

InfinityWar

Civilian
Reaction score
marvel-movies-ant-man-black-panther-dr-strange.jpg

No Iron Man, Homecoming, Thor or Cap movies?

I like these three the most because they are so different than the original Avengers & Spider-Man.

These three used to be Marvel's B-Listers...Now they have graduated to A-List and are more beloved than Batman / Superman (Current DCEU versions).

Of those three it's a close call between Black Panther and Doctor Strange for me. Overall though Thor Ragnarok (if it counts as solo with Hulk in it) or Winter Soldier are the best MCU solo films.

I like these three the most because they are so different than the original Avengers & Spider-Man.

These three used to be Marvel's B-Listers...Now they have graduated to A-List and are more beloved than Batman / Superman (Current DCEU versions).

Iron Man, Cap and Thor were all B list too before their films. Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk were easily the most well known Marvel characters before the MCU came along.

Thör-El;36363067 said:
Of those three it's a close call between Black Panther and Doctor Strange for me. Overall though Thor Ragnarok (if it counts as solo with Hulk in it) or Winter Soldier are the best MCU solo films.

Iron Man, Cap and Thor were all B list too before their films. Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk were easily the most well known Marvel characters before the MCU came along.

But they graduated to A-List in 2012, imo.....So since 2012 - Black Panther, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man were all at that time B-List. Now they are more beloved than DCEU's Batman & Superman. Which is kinda crazy. I like Cavill as Superman.

Easily Black Panther.

While I enjoyed Dr Strange, it was essentially Iron Man - with magic. It was fun, but felt too formulaic, whereas BP hit a ton of familar plot points, but managed to do it in a way that felt fresh.

Both Cumberbatch and Boseman were solid leads. It's tough to pick the better supporting cast - I'm going to give the slight edge to BP, because everyone, and I mean everyone from Bassett to Serkis, were terrific. Swinton was amazing in Dr S. but I felt that Mads Mikkelsen and Chiwetel Ejiofor felt very one-note (especially Mads).

Ant-Man, yeah not bad but not as engaging as either of the other choices in this poll.

As far as solo movies go I would say that BP is nearly on a par with Iron Man,
although not as good as CW. However, Marvel's group movies ( GOTG, CW, Avengers are still a cut above).

BTW - Why isn't Homecoming in this poll ? Iron Man cameos in it, but otherwise its a Spidey-flick.

Cheers.

I think, as origin stories go, T'Challa and the Black Panther film did best - it certainly did at the cinema at least. I think Ant Man is probably a more fun film, and had more humour in it, but Black Panther was more ... relatable I suppose, and obviously opened up to a much larger audience.

Black Panther, and it's not even close.

Panther by a mile but just because I think it felt more like an Ensemble-movie for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"