• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Possible malware imbedded here?

Daisy

Gone
Reaction score
I was just browsing here when all of a suddent my Hype! window closed and some "warning" trying to look like Microsoft came up telling me I might have a virus and needed to install some MS Anti-virus 2009 thing. When I attempted to close the warning window, it went to a website and started to act like it was downloading something. When I closed that, the "warning" popped up again - only giving me the option to hit "Okay". I couldn't close it and had to go into Task Manager to shut it down.

I can't tell you what ad was at the top of the page because I wasn't paying attention to it, but the Hype! was the only browser window I had open other than my company's intranet.

Just a heads-up.

You're the third person to say something, and, oddly enough, the third person to not supply enough information :(

What thread were you looking at? What page? What browser are you using? Any ad-filter?

the hype just crashed on me with it saying the site rejected the connection, may not be anything to do with this though

You're the third person to say something, and, oddly enough, the third person to not supply enough information :(

What thread were you looking at? What page? What browser are you using? Any ad-filter?

I wasn't looking at a thread. I was on my friends and contacts page, managing a friend request. We use IE6 here (and like I said, I had 2 browser windows open - Hype! and my office intranet - and I know it didn't come from the latter). I don't know what filters we have in place (but I know there are some) since it's not my machine.

If I hadn't been more concerned about getting it shut down, I would have checked things out more.

Also, like ultimate_evil, the Hype! boards servers stopped responding for me briefly as well.

Oh, and one more thing. After the servers appeared to go down, threads I'd already read became marked as unread again.

thats alright, here i thought you lto had finally said bugger off and hit the ban button:hehe:

Is this re-direct courtesy of SHH!, or did I pick something up somewhere else?

It's the second time today viewing a thread, not the same re-direct though.

screenmo2.jpg

well the site isn't saying superherohype to me it says vbulletin. I've turned off all pop-ups

Mine reads vBulletin as well. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but I noticed it was different.

Heya,

Ya know, it could always be a ad of some sorts, IMO. I've had it a few times, even on another site that I know dosen't have Malware, and my reasoning would be some kinda of on page ad.

Tootles,
Ali

Oh, and one more thing. After the servers appeared to go down, threads I'd already read became marked as unread again.

That happens to me all the time on my iPhone when Safari crashes.

I'm thinking it's a bad ad. I've forwarded the problem to Mirko. In the mean time, better safe than sorry, do a malware scan tonight.

@Daisy: Sorry, didn't mean to come off as snooty, it's just frusterating. It's like being a doctor, and a patient walking up to you and saying "it hurts".

Are the boards' ad selection controlled by vBulletin or does Superhero Hype! say who can and can not post ads?

No, vBulletin is the software the forum runs on.

Okay.
Just now My Norton prevented an attempt to download stuff from Superherohype,.... port 80?

I denied it,.. but its a first for me.

I've been getting redirected to that page bunk posted as well. Also, I'm hearing GM ads with Dennis Leary in the background here on the hype. True story.

Ok, my browser has been redirecting all over the place tonight{I think I even got a naughty site}, and it seems to only when I'm on the Hype.

this pop up came on my screen earlier and i closed it(i was in the sports section)
i closed it without thinking but then my computer started to slow up...it was pretty weird...now theres something wrong with my computer...what does malware do exactly?

yeah my computer was completely screwed yesterday...i had a norton employee fix it and he said i recieved it at 12 (when i was on superherohype)...its fixed now but now im worried about the fact that i mite get it again

I'm getting the Same thing. The Redirects.

Plus, this just happened to me in the Games Forum, and it happened to me once yesterday. iIhad 30 "Internet Explorer" Messages pop up saying I have a Potentially Unsafe Program, then asks if I want to continue, then Yes and No options. I ran a Spy-ware and AntiVirus Software yesterday, and it hasn't seemed to fix it.

one day i was going to reply to something in the dark knight forum and out of nowhere i hear some rap song about PC's and their were no ads anywhere on the page and this was the only page open

The other day i was in the punisher warzone spoiler forums and i got this windows has detected malicious software message so i closed out of this site. I tried e-mailing SHH! but im still waiting on a response, could someone message me or something to get this sorted out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"