• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Potential SM4 writer news

Blader5489

CASUAL SEX!
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: NOTHING HERE EXPLICITLY MENTIONS SM4. PLEASE READ POST BEFORE GETTING YOUR HOPES UP.

Newsarama posted a new interview today with Brian Bendis. I think this bit at the end could potentially qualify as SM4 related:

In fear of the pending 2008 Hollywood writers/directors strikes, the studios are rushing to production with any potential films in the development pipeline. Apparently, this has resulted in some upcoming good news for Bendis.

"Uh yes... in about three weeks, I should have some announcements."

We know that Raimi, at last reported, is still looking for an SM4 writer. We also know it's not unprecedented for comic book writers to be writing comic book movies (e.g. JMS writing the Silver Surfer movie). So, it could be possible that Bendis, who wrote over 100 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man--a comic that Raimi is at least vaguely aware of--may be announced as the writer for Spider-Man 4.

Maybe.

DISCLAIMER: NOTHING HERE EXPLICITLY MENTIONS SM4. PLEASE READ POST BEFORE GETTING YOUR HOPES UP.

Newsarama posted a new interview today with Brian Bendis. I think this bit at the end could potentially qualify as SM4 related:

We know that Raimi, at last reported, is still looking for an SM4 writer. We also know it's not unprecedented for comic book writers to be writing comic book movies (e.g. JMS writing the Silver Surfer movie). So, it could be possible that Bendis, who wrote over 100 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man--a comic that Raimi is at least vaguely aware of--may be announced as the writer for Spider-Man 4.

Maybe.
HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt it.

But it's possible.

Oh Christ, Bendis? If for some god forsaken reason he indeed ended up being the writer, expect to see Ultimate Shocker in the movie :o

Bendis has a couple of things based on his books in development, like Torso.

Well there is NO WAY that this is the case. But I honestly like the idea as he knows the character intimately (he knows 616 better than JMS does or Joey Q and they're the ones trainwrecking it right now). So I'd be all for it. Can't be worse than the screenplay for SM3.
But getting a good comic writer to write a comic book movie makes too much sense. And while Sargent was good, his dialogue was never his strong point. So I'm not opposed to this, thusly.

Why not hire Howard Mackie to write it too while they're at it?

Although, he might have been the consultant for Spidey 3 :D

I REALLY think it won't happen. I also don't want it to happen because then it would literally turn into Ultimate Spider-Man.

I REALLY think it won't happen. I also don't want it to happen because then it would literally turn into Ultimate Spider-Man.
Not really, he does write 616 spidey as well. He would just continue off from the last movie...in his own manner.

But getting a good comic writer to write a comic book movie makes too much sense.

Like I said, it's not unprecedented. JMS has written the script for the Silver Surfer movie.

To be honest, I'd rather have Bendis writing this than say, Raimi(s), Sergent or Koepp. In fact, I would be one of the few who'd embrace this news warmly but again, as already stated, there's not enough evidence to deem this as even slightly concrete news.

First of alls, JMS is a tv writer who became a comic book writer so it makes more sense for him to right a screenplay for Silver Surfer.

Second, will fans accept a Spiderman whose catchphrase is "Oy vey!"? Yes??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"