• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Problems Caused By Wireless Router

Hotwire

Dealin' W/ Demons
Reaction score
I've experienced a couple problems lately and am wondering if my router is the cause.
First, I often get a helicopter-like sound from my speakers. If I move them around the sound gets louder and softer, and even goes away.

Second, last night after getting my new internet connection set up and everything, my wireless mouse quit working. Now I had staked my modem, router, and wireless mouse receiver and after moving the router the mouse seems fine.

Is my router to blame, and if so, what how can I fix this?

I've experienced a couple problems lately and am wondering if my router is the cause. First, I often get a helicopter-like sound from my speakers. If I move them around the sound gets louder and softer, and even goes away.

helicopter sound from your speakers?
Do you have a device like a cell phone near them?

Second, last night after getting my new internet connection set up and everything, my wireless mouse quit working. Now I had staked my modem, router, and wireless mouse receiver and after moving the router the mouse seems fine.

Is my router to blame, and if so, what how can I fix this?

this is wierd...
"Now I had staked my modem" STAKED? what does this mean

helicopter sound from your speakers?
Do you have a device like a cell phone near them?

this is wierd...
"Now I had staked my modem" STAKED? what does this mean
No phones near the speakers.

Sorry, meant stacked. Mouse receiver on top of router, router on top of modem.

That's the problem right there, you have vampire peripherals.

well i know for a fact that most routers use the 2.4 gig frequency and if you have a 2.4 cordless you get that 'sound' if your in the same room or under or above the room. and some wireless mouses use 2.4 as well. as for speakers I am not sure.

That was my thought...all those wireless devices are probably using the same frequency...
Do they work when the other devices are all turned off?

The speakers seem to only make the noice when close to the router. I do have a cordless phone not too far from the modem, router, & mouse.

Usually certain wireless frequencies can screw with speakers. After doing some research with an old pair I had, specifically crappy speakers. Speakers that have their wires poorly insulated take to get that strange chopper feedback noise.

Simple solution is to keep your wireless stuff separated and further from the problem at hand. Money solution is invest in a better subwoofer/speaker set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"