• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PS3 Cracked?

I would be interested in the Jailbreak when it comes to Homebrew. Like playing N54, SNES on the PS3. But I would not Pirate PS3 Games

That's insane. Surely PS2 backwards compatibility is not far behind. Hopefully this pressures Sony into reinstating PS2 bc to deter people from jailbreaking. Maybe they'll even let you play legitimately downloaded PSP games from the PSN store on your PS3 eventually.

I think they are going to have to bc people that may not have had any interest in jailbreaking their system will now do it if only to get the PS2 bc onto it. Sony needs to take control of the situation and just offer it to at least deter people from going this route bc once they do then it just opens the doors for them to pirate PS3 games

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/...ed-75-of-3rd-Party-USB-ADAPTERS/td-p/46201493

3.50 Disables LOTS of 3rd Party USB **ADAPTERS**

http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/

Sony Computer Entertainment LLC

09/21/2010
Warning: Counterfeit and Unlicensed PlayStation®3 Wireless Controller(Recommendation: use only genuine PlayStation®3 Wireless Controller)

Counterfeit PlayStation®3 Wireless Controllers, which are practically identical in appearance to genuine PlayStation®3 Wireless Controllers, have been discovered in the market. SCEA advises consumers to be cautious when buying PlayStation®3 Wireless Controllers from uncertain sources as the quality, reliability and safety of counterfeit products is uncertain, and in some cases, may be dangerous. It is possible that some counterfeit product may ignite or explode, resulting in injury or damage to the user, your PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, or other property. Moreover, SCEA does not support continued functionality of counterfeit or unlicensed controllers in system software updates and these devices may cease to function in the future because of system software updates.

SCE and its affiliated companies disclaim all liability for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party through the use of counterfeit or unlicensed products.
We appreciate your understanding and continued support.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Customer Service
http://us.playstation.com/support/ask
TEL - 800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
Open hours - MON-SAT 6:00am-8:00pm PST
SUN 7:00am-6:30pm PST

Piracy sucks. Dont support it. PS3 is an amazing product and it hurts all of us

Very misleading headline.
If you have a licensed 3rd party controler, you are fine. If you bought one off of Ebay that shipped from China, then you are probably SOL. FYI, my Mad Catz SFIV gamepad, Kingston USB drive, and WD HDD still work great.

Very misleading headline.
If you have a licensed 3rd party controler, you are fine. If you bought one off of Ebay that shipped from China, then you are probably SOL. FYI, my Mad Catz SFIV gamepad, Kingston USB drive, and WD HDD still work great.

Wasn't the linked post corrected to say adapters?

I know when I posted the link, it was. So, I don't get the misleading thing.

It's not 3rd party "adapters". It's unlicensed/counterfeit controllers that have been effected. Also the link you posted has "75%" as the amount of "adapters" effected. No where has this been reported by a legitimate source. The number was pulled out of thin air.

The proper headline would be:
3.50 Disables Unlicensed/Counterfeit Controllers

This is why posts from forums should never be used as a source of info.

It's not 3rd party "adapters". It's unlicensed/counterfeit controllers that have been effected. Also the link you posted has "75%" as the amount of "adapters" effected. No where has this been reported by a legitimate source. The number was pulled out of thin air.

The proper headline would be:
3.50 Disables Unlicensed/Counterfeit Controllers

This is why posts from forums should never be used as a source of info.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. :D

I've seen quite a few "posts from forums" used that don't get the same equal treatment. It's Sony's official forum, if it's incorrect, they can lock the thread. Currently, it's not.

I go out of my way to remove the reference to 75% and the controller part, which I knew if anyone would take issue with it'd probably be you :D

And no, it's not JUST unlicensed controllers being affected. Please read the whole thread. Case in point this post:

"... it means that unlicensed controllers and USB adapters.

newer models of those wasd+mouse style controllers appear to work after
hooking them up to your PC and updating them. Radio Shack USB adapters
don't seem to work (though that may be because they're cheap POS'es) but
other 3rd party ones (even other cheap POS'es) do. I don't know about the
first run of Street Fighter IV gear by madcatz, but my Super SF4 fight pad
works, as does my SE stick. The USB Saturn controllers work fine.

it seems like it mainly affects something like this:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23774
the obvious counterfeits of Sony controllers, and also probably
converters that let you use an Xbox 360 pad on your PS3."

As with all system updates, it's wise to research and see if any potential issues arise. That's all I was doing, alerting some people to a potential issue so they can research things further if they think they may be affected.

I even post Sony's official PR (which even suggests using a counterfeit controller could EXPLODE -- gee, no scare tactics there..) which hasn't been backed up by any stories of exploding controllers yet they get a free pass.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. :D

I've seen quite a few "posts from forums" used that don't get the same equal treatment. It's Sony's official forum, if it's incorrect, they can lock the thread. Currently, it's not.

I go out of my way to remove the reference to 75% and the controller part, which I knew if anyone would take issue with it'd probably be you :D

And no, it's not JUST unlicensed controllers being affected. Please read the whole thread. Case in point this post:

As with all system updates, it's wise to research and see if any potential issues arise. That's all I was doing, alerting some people to a potential issue so they can research things further if they think they may be affected.

I even post Sony's official PR (which even suggests using a counterfeit controller could EXPLODE -- gee, no scare tactics there..) which hasn't been backed up by any stories of exploding controllers yet they get a free pass.

So if I got this http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Battle-...r_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285345476&sr=8-1

Would it not work after that update ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"