• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Questions about Age of Apocalypse Vol. 1...

Movies205

Corporate Money
Reaction score
So I bought the first volume, and it's left me a tad confused due to how jumbled it is.

Why exactly does charles xavior's death cause the age of apocalypse upon this alternate universe?

Also how many people are actually in the X-men in this alt. universe because I'll read one story with just two or three characters then there's like 20, and hten there's 5 again.

Also what happen to Havoc he just disappears to the next story.

And cna someone explain to me the horsemen of the apocalypse because they keep changing?

And also how this is the beginning because it feels like the end of the story when you read volume 1.

Who is Forge and what is his connection to X-Man?

Why exactly does charles xavior's death cause the age of apocalypse upon this alternate universe?

Xavier's X-Men were responsible for foiling Apocalypse's attempts multiple times. Without him there to form the team, Apoc subsequently succeeded at his machinations.

Also how many people are actually in the X-men in this alt. universe because I'll read one story with just two or three characters then there's like 20, and hten there's 5 again.

Because of the transient nature of being fugitives, there are always different amounts of people actually there and being active X-Men. Some lose hope, some go and help different people and cities, and others are on missions at any given time.

Also what happen to Havoc he just disappears to the next story.

He's always there, he just isn't always involved in the storyline. Don't worry, he's a staple of the Summers/Sinister/Apocalypse storyline.

And cna someone explain to me the horsemen of the apocalypse because they keep changing?

They change because of deaths and political maneuverings, but basically they are the four most politically favored of his governors. Straight from Wikipedia:

"In the alternate reality known as Age of Apocalypse, Apocalypse had five Horsemen instead of four with no given titles, with some exceptions such as Death and War. The only member who was also a Horseman in the main Marvel Universe was Abraham Kieros, War. The first group of Horsemen consisted of Sabretooth (possibly only an ally), Candra, Gideon, Death (an unknown female, speculated to be Selene or Lifeforce, a mutant member of the Dark Riders), and War. Later members included a never-seen Horseman named Bastion (who should not be mistaken with Earth-616 Bastion, as he wouldn't even exist in the AoA) and Maximus of the Inhumans as the second Death. Ultimately, Apocalypse announced the War of Succession, a battle between all his Horsemen. The four remaining Horsemen would rule North America alongside him. These four were Holocaust, Mikhail Rasputin, Bastion, and Mister Sinister. It is mentioned that Candra was killed by Holocaust, and Bastion was killed after the war by Abyss making Abyss the newest horsemen and first recruit after the war. In a flashback, it is revealed that Mikhail was chosen after he defeated War during Apocalypse's attack on Russia."

Who is Forge and what is his connection to X-Man?

His power is to create anything his mind conceives, machine-wise. He's basically X-Man's mentor - it's just that simple.

Wow....I don't remember any of that Horsement Stuff...

Oh and in The AOA Forge has no ties to the X-men.....he has his own little group of do gooders running around....Sauron, Brute, Toad...and one other I think....Siryn.....then they joined up with X-man and Essex.

Another question, what exactly is X-Man role in everthing and what the **** was up with the Sugarman plot... Why exactly would he go back to his world if he intended on conquering our world, and why did Forge send X-man back?

Movies205 said:
Another question, what exactly is X-Man role in everthing and what the **** was up with the Sugarman plot... Why exactly would he go back to his world if he intended on conquering our world, and why did Forge send X-man back?

If I remember right X-Man was created by Forge as a means of defeating Apocalypse, he promised Magneto he'd deliver a powerful mutant and X-Man was it. Read it before but can't remember Sugarman's plot as much, just that Illiyana (Collosus's sister) was afraid of him, he snuck away in Collosus's boot in X-Men Omega (only issue I still have of AoA), and leapt into the crystal sending him to the normal 616 universe. Forge didn't send X-Man back, Magneto was getting knocked around by Apocalypse and Holocaust in the final issue X-men Omega. He was hurt, and right in time X-Man showed up and fought with Holocaust. In the middle of their battle X-Man grabbed a piece of the crystal and jammed it into Holocaust's chest, sending both of them to the normal 616 Universe as well.

FadingCB said:
If I remember right X-Man was created by Forge as a means of defeating Apocalypse, he promised Magneto he'd deliver a powerful mutant and X-Man was it. Read it before but can't remember Sugarman's plot as much, just that Illiyana (Collosus's sister) was afraid of him, he snuck away in Collosus's boot in X-Men Omega (only issue I still have of AoA), and leapt into the crystal sending him to the normal 616 universe. Forge didn't send X-Man back, Magneto was getting knocked around by Apocalypse and Holocaust in the final issue X-men Omega. He was hurt, and right in time X-Man showed up and fought with Holocaust. In the middle of their battle X-Man grabbed a piece of the crystal and jammed it into Holocaust's chest, sending both of them to the normal 616 Universe as well.

X-Man was created by Sinister, by combining Summer-Grey DNA, not Forge. Forge was also a previous X-Man, and was something like a second in command, he also went out with Storm as well (this was before he lost most of his limbs).

Movies205 said:
So I bought the first volume, and it's left me a tad confused due to how jumbled it is.

Why exactly does charles xavior's death cause the age of apocalypse upon this alternate universe? ?

When Legion unleashes the blast the kills Xavier, it made Apoc believe (mistakenly) that the age of mutation had attained a higher level than it was at (which was pretty much still in infancy). He saw that as his cue to take over the world MUCH earlier than he would have, and he had no problem rolling over everyone due to their inexperience.

I'd never heard that either.

I'd always heard that without Xavier the X-men didn't form as early...so the first class never went off to form X-factor...and X-factor never stopped Apocalypse's first attempt at taking over the world (X-factor #6)...so he did.

Magneto's X-men were formed after the fact out of neccesity.

A.J.Rimmer(BSC) said:
X-Man was created by Sinister, by combining Summer-Grey DNA, not Forge. Forge was also a previous X-Man, and was something like a second in command, he also went out with Storm as well (this was before he lost most of his limbs).

Sry was wrong, sinister then. I only half followed AoA in all honesty. I read most of the Weapon-X and Jean stuff, and only followed very few of the X-Men stories. Not that I didn't like it, just wasn't really heavy into that storyline, tho I like it better now than I did then. Just got the Forge thing becuase I never read anything on X-Man until X-Men Omega, and Magneto said, "So your the mutant Forge promised?". I just assumed Forge made it, so nm then.

Nate Grey was created by Sinister and imprisoned, but was let loose by Cyclops. Forge later found Nate and kinda became his mentor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"