Questions About The Book of Revelation/The End of the World

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to state that the people who come in this thread looking for trouble just respect the purpose of the thread, and don't say post ANYTHING sarcastic or anti-religious. I really don't want this thread to be closed like most of the other religious threads.

Every since I was a kid, I always found the Book of Revelation one of the greatest mysteries of the Bible. It is my favorite book of the Bible, and is interesting because the metaphors can be taken and understood in so many ways. Also, before answering this, please do understand the world's view of the Anti-Christ, and how The Omen and it's sequels pretty much made that opinion become prominent [that the Anti-Christ bears the Mark of the Beast (666), is born in the "eternal sea" (politics), and becomes a world leader, etc]. Also, take in mind that "the dragon" mentioned throughout the Bible (most prominently in Revelation) is Satan. Here is my questions about the Book of Revelation's take on the end of the world:

- Who is the beast out of the sea?
- Who is the beast out of the earth?
- Which of the two mentioned above is "Anti-Christ"?
- Which of the two mentioned above is "The False Prophet"?
- Do you believe the two mentioned above will share relation with "the dragon" (Satan) as some sort of Trinity?
- If you don't think that the two mentioned above are "The False Prophet" or the "Anti-Christ," who or what exactly are they?
- Is the beast out of the sea Rome?

Please remember to keep the thread CIVIL. There are no right or wrong answers, because we do not know yet. People of all religions [preferably a monotheistic (belief in one God), because it may be easier to relate to the topic at hand] are welcome to share insight on what they believe, and from what holy script/book they read from says about the matter. Answer as many of the questions as you can. Post your personal opinions. Bring more to the table. It can get off-topic a bit, but just stay in the same area. Get started.

:up:

I'm not well versed in the Bible, but I would like to be. I've always been kinda interested in Revelations but it was always over my head.

I've been reading a non-fiction book series called Left Behind that takes place after the Rapture and the 7 years until Armageddon. It's been a really fascinating read and has helped me want to learn and understand Revelations all the more.

Hopefully someone with the knowledge will come in here and explain because I've been having questions about this as well.

The beast out of the sea could refer to a number of things. I believe because the bible was written so long ago , some of the references are out of date. I think the story can be assumed as refering to something metaphorically or literally. It all depends on what you believe. I'm not sure if it's the literal translation of our last days or simply a morality tale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"