• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Jessica Jones Rachael Taylor is Patsy "Trish" Walker/ (Hellcat?)

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Thought we should have a thread about it.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/328315-marvels-aka-jessica-jones-lands-a-hellcat-in-rachael-taylor

I'm excited to have Patsy in the MCU. Don't know why they could've have kept her as Patsy though instead of that just being effectively her stage name while she normally goes by "Trish".

I hope we do eventually see her suit up and that her costume is bright yellow and blue. I don't want it to be black, as that will draw comparisons with Catwoman. If she's in her classic colours, she will look distinctly different.

It was just a few weeks ago someone on here brought up Taylor saying she just seemed to disappear after Transformers.

Marvel_Comics_Presents_Vol_2_2_Textless.jpg

I loved her Initiative tie-in. Pretty much all I read including her and I hope she does suit up and isn't just a throwaway reference.

Thought we should have a thread about it.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/328315-marvels-aka-jessica-jones-lands-a-hellcat-in-rachael-taylor

I'm excited to have Patsy in the MCU. Don't know why they could've have kept her as Patsy though instead of that just being effectively her stage name while she normally goes by "Trish".

I hope we do eventually see her suit up and that her costume is bright yellow and blue. I don't want it to be black, as that will draw comparisons with Catwoman. If she's in her classic colours, she will look distinctly different.

No one is really named "Patsy" anymore, which is likely why they are using the name Trish, it sounds more modern, rather then a name an old lady would have. Patsy is about as relevant a name as Ethel at this point. Again, sometimes little details become dated and you have change them to be more relevant. They are both short for Patricia anyways, its like using Rick over Dick for Richard.

This is amazing news! Congrats to Rachel! I never really expected to see hellcat turn up in the MCU so soon.

Was she in the original alias series? I assume she will be taking the role carol had in the original. Perhaps if things work out she can even pop over into a she hulk series based on charles soule's run!

Good for her. Hope this is big for Netflix since she deserves a show to be a hit. She's like Katie Cassidys ABC double in terms of sticking to a particular show and having numerous shows fail until the right fit comes along.

Anyone else thin that we could get a couple more Defenders before the series debuts?

I saw her in 666 Park Avenue. I'm cool with this.

Patsy isn't a very common name anymore so the only people who have it tend to be old women.

Hell this is what Wikipedia has to say:

The popularity of the name has waned with the rise of its, chiefly North American,[3] meaning as "dupe" or "scapegoat".[1] This usage comes from the early 20th Century vaudevillian Billy B. Van, whose character, Patsy Bolivar, was more often than not an innocent victim of unscrupulous or nefarious characters.

It made sense as a name when she was created in 1944, but not so much in 2015.

Last edited:
Thinking more about it, this casting makes a lot of sense. Rachael has catlike features, and she really has a model look about her, where she reminds me of a number of models I've seen.

Does Hellcat have powers in the comics?

Does Hellcat have powers in the comics?

Originally, no. She was just a well trained martial artist with a costume.

But then in the 90's they killed her off and then brought her back a few years later with some mystical powers, but I doubt they'd use those.

But the costume itself can enhance the wearer. When Tigra put it on, it augmented her power and gave her a tail and more stripes.

They've kept her a blonde and not made her a redhead like her comic counterpart. I wonder if she will become Hellcat at all.

G'day,

Yeah, I wonder too. Patsy Walker was just Patsy Walker teenage girl for decades until they decided to make her a superhero in the 70's. Maybe she will just be Jessica's friend. But I do hope I'm wrong.

ta

Ralph

They've kept her a blonde and not made her a redhead like her comic counterpart. I wonder if she will become Hellcat at all.

Wish they kept her a redhead. Now she's just a revamped Millie the Model.

They can easily change it later.

has the actress done any interviews about Trish and her place in the series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"