Rank and rate the four movies (so far) that feature the Suicide Squad

Milk Tray Guy

70s Man of Action
Reaction score
We've had four movies so far that feature Suicide Squad/Task Force X - three animated, one live-action - with James Gunn's version (hopefully) coming soon. How would you rank/rate the ones up till now? (If you haven't seen them all, how would you rank the ones you have seen?)

For me,

1. Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018) ~ 9/10

2. Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (2020) ~ 8.5/10 Not strictly a Suicide Squad movie I know, but they're featured heavily, and fight alongside the JLD/JL/Titans against Darkseid

3. Batman: Assault on Arkham (2014) ~ 8/10 This is DEFINITELY a Suicide Squad movie, despite Batman being all over the marketing (I guess TPTB thought the Squad weren't generally well known enough at the time)

4. Suicide Squad (2016) ~ 6.5/10

Interesting. Until the release of Apokolips War we'd had three SS movies, in three different continuities (Arkhamverse, DCEU, and DCAMU), in just four years!

Also, I'm not a gamer, but I just watched the Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League trailer (looks entertaining). How well do you think the SS are portrayed in games?

You’ve got the Arrowverse Suicide Squad as well. Holy **** their Amanda Waller was so bad. I typically have some wiggle room with my judgement of acting on the CW shows but man that lady did a really horrible job. CCH Pounder and Viola Davis have both killed it though.

You’ve got the Arrowverse Suicide Squad as well. Holy **** their Amanda Waller was so bad. I typically have some wiggle room with my judgement of acting on the CW shows but man that lady did a really horrible job. CCH Pounder and Viola Davis have both killed it though.
True. I think Vanessa Williams has done a superb job in the recent animated movies, too.

I would argue that Arrowverse Waller didn't do a bad job. She just was less aiming for "grim edgy anti-villain mentor figure" and more "the real villain of the setting". Which is. . . an interesting creative decision certainly.

As an aside, I've read that some aspects of the new game Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League render the Assault on Arkham movie no longer canon to the Arkhamverse games.

Can anybody tell me if that's true?

Edit: Just read something cool that I'd never noticed... Joker in the Arkhamverse is voiced by Mark Hamill. Mark Hamill's name actually contains the word 'Arkham'... Mark Hamill! :wow:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"