Rank the SH reboots (including MOS)

1.) Batman Begins (9/10)
2.) Man of Steel (9/10)
3.) Dredd (8/10)
4.) The Incredible Hulk (7/10)
5.) The Amazing Spider-man (6.5/10)
6.) Punisher: Warzone (5/10)

Besides a different score for some films, you have the exact ranking that I have :up:

No scores just my honest level of enjoyment

1. Dredd
I thought this movie was ****ing amazing. The characterisation of Dredd and Anderson were spot on and the action was fantastic. Truly washes away the turd of a movie that is Judge Dredd.

2. ASM
To be honest, I get the dislike for this movie from some people. The reboot was too soon and it retells the origin again. The reason why I rate this movie so highly despite its flaws is imho they do Spidey right in costume, the snarky attitude is there and the chemistry between the leads is electric (not surprising as they are dating). Rubbish villain, mediocre action but a fantastic cast with heart and likeability. I will always choose characters over action or even plot.

3. MoS
Hated the movie on first viewing, but this movie is quite enjoyable if you can put your love of the Donner movies to one side.

4. Batman Begins
I think this movie is sooo overrated. The action is incomprehensible, the 3rd act is boring and like all Nolan movies too many characters exist solely to throw exposition at you. The characters are cold, the dialogue is forced and not natural sounding at all. I like act 1 and 2 and after that I may as well have left the cinema, that is how bored I was with the climax. With that said, this movie is heads and tails better than any Burton/Shumaker movie and it laid the ground work for what was to be the greatest Superhero movie of all time.

5. TIH
I like Norton better than any other Banner ever, including Bixby and Rufferlo.
The movie has a real sense of action to it but that said I still prefer Ang Lee's version better because of the themes it explores.

Last edited:
Amazing Spider-Man
Dredd
Batman Begins
The Incredible Hulk
Man of Steel
Punisher: War Zone

How is yelling "Crotch!" getting Spidey right?

Actually, in a Youtube clip Spidey says 'Watch out' but it was obviously changed to 'Crotch!'
When Spidey is swinging into Lizard on the Bridge he shouts 'Incoming!' ha ha I'm easily pleased but I just love that.

Spidey has a snarky attitude, that's good enough for me. Rather that than the mute we got in the Raimi movies and I like those movie but Spidey isn't a character.

I'm just happy we have an actor who can deliver those Snarky lines because I just don't see Maguire pulling that off.

ASM would be much lower on my list but I really really liked all the characters even Conners (although the Lizard was a bit rubbish).

1) Batman Begins
2) Man of Steel
3) Dredd
4) The Incredible Hulk
5) The Amazing Spider-man

^^I'd include BB which went the opposite extreme of the artsy gothic Burton movies with over-done realism.

I agree.Actually,it was as much a reaction to Schumacher's films as Burton's.

I think MOS also got the somber,brooding treatment more in response of Green Lantern's "failure".Green Lantern was treated in the old school,four color,high adventure style (no doubt because of Iron Man's success) that Superman should have gotten.But after the reaction GL got,they fell back on the TDK/SR doom & gloom mold.Unfortunately,it seems to have worked for the most part (as far as $$ are concerned).

Actually, in a Youtube clip Spidey says 'Watch out' but it was obviously changed to 'Crotch!'
When Spidey is swinging into Lizard on the Bridge he shouts 'Incoming!' ha ha I'm easily pleased but I just love that.

Spidey has a snarky attitude, that's good enough for me. Rather that than the mute we got in the Raimi movies and I like those movie but Spidey isn't a character.

I'm just happy we have an actor who can deliver those Snarky lines because I just don't see Maguire pulling that off.

ASM would be much lower on my list but I really really liked all the characters even Conners (although the Lizard was a bit rubbish).

"Watch out!" would have been better than Spidey sounding like a ****ing d-bag, lol.

1. Batman Begins - The standard that films still emulate.
2. Batman - The original reboot of the Adam West-verse. Burton delivered the first truly dark superhero film and redefined the genre.
3. Incredible Hulk - Not great, but it did at least save the character after the slow and pondering predecessor.
4. Man of Steel - Similar feelings as TIH, only SR was better than Ang Lee's Hulk so it didn't actually improve upon it that much.
5. The Amazing Spider-Man - The only one that is a big step down over the previous film. They completely missed the mark on who these characters are, especially Peter and Conners, the two most important characters in the movie. Of the five this is the only one I would not recommend on any level.

Haven't seen Dredd yet, but it is sitting on my DVR for me to watch.

1. Batman Begins (9)
2. The Amazing Spider-Man (8)
3. Dredd 3D (8)
4. Man of Steel (7, might go down to 6.5)
5. The Incredible Hulk (6)

Double post

Last edited:
Haven't watched Dredd.

1. Man of Steel 9/10
2. Batman Begins 9/10
3. TASM 8.5/10
4. TIH 7/10

Of the films listed in this thread...

Batman Begins
The Incredible Hulk
Dredd 3D
TASM
MoS

Batman Begins
The Incredible Hulk
Dredd 3D
TASM
MoS

We're almost on the same page! Just jumble the first three around a little there...

• Dredd
  • Batman Begins
  • The Incredible Hulk

And we're good!

Or to put it another way:

• Dredd 8/10
  • Batman Begins 7/10
  • The Incredible Hulk 7/10
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 5/10
  • Man of Steel 3/10

I'm of two different minds about this. I recognize that my favorites are not technically "the best," but I still enjoy them more, so this list is very different when you go by how I appreciate/acknowledge them from a technical quality standpoint versus how I actually feel about them.

Objectively:

1.) Batman Begins
2.) The Amazing Spider-Man
3.) Man of Steel
4.) Dredd
5.) The Incredible Hulk

But subjectively, here's how it is for me:

1.) Man of Steel (8.5/10)
2.) The Amazing Spider-Man (8.5/10)
3.) Batman Begins (8/10)
4.) Dredd (7.5/10)
5.) The Incredible Hulk (5.5/10)

Generic is the last word I think of when it comes to Dredd.

1. Batman Begins: 8/10
2. The Amazing Spider-Man: 7.5/10
3. Dredd: 7/10
4. Man of Steel: 6.5/10
5. The Incredible Hulk: 6/10
6. Punisher: War Zone: 3/10

Mine are in this order:

Batman Begins/The Incredible Hulk (either one can flip flop for me)
MoS
Dredd 3D
TASM

Batman Begins (goes without saying!)
The Amazing Spider-man (like the character interaction, better Uncle Ben and Aunt May)
The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton)
Dredd 3D (haven't seen it yet, but plan to based on the good reviews)
Man of Steel (not a fan)

We're almost on the same page! Just jumble the first three around a little there...

• Dredd
  • Batman Begins
  • The Incredible Hulk

And we're good!

Or to put it another way:

• Dredd 8/10
  • Batman Begins 7/10
  • The Incredible Hulk 7/10
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 5/10
  • Man of Steel 3/10

Dredd 3D was awesome. Definitely the biggest improvement over the original film, of any of these. I guess I put it at no. 3 because it wasn't a big hit, but Urban was freaking awesome. Finally someone made a Judge Dredd movie that was worthy of the name.

I shall respond in the manner of a Nolan Batman villain

1. Batman Begins - you COMPLETE me
2. Dredd - Impressive
3. Man of Steel - Admirable, but mistaken
4. The Incredible Hulk - Your punishment must be more severe
5. ASM - Death......by exile!!

1. Batman Begins
2. Man of Steel
3. The Incredible Hulk
4. The Amazing Spiderman
5. Dredd (only because I haven't seen it yet)

1. Batman Begins
2. Dredd (for how much of an improvement it was from the original)
3. The Amazing Spider-Man
4. The Man of Steel
5. The Incredible Hulk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"